It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sighting that cemented my interest in UFO's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

may your father's health improve quickly.i know the feeling of having a sick parent...i have been caring for my dad for the past six years
as to his story...i'm glad he could past this on to you so we,as a group,could also "hear" it as well..just one more account to solidify the truth that others cry foul at....kinda makes me mad
....oh...also...i don't know bout them pictures....kinda look like swamp gas and weather ballons

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It would it be interesting to find the ship logs of the SS Tore Hund and to see if the Captain made any entry on the sighting.

I like the UFO Sightings Set you posted. So, there are about 80 different UFOs? Even if some are drones from a mother-ship, does it mean there could be up to 80 different species of ETs hanging around? Damn tourists, it's getting crowded around here.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

Hypothetically speaking, if we assume these things are alien in origin, a number of different craft doesn't necessarily indicate a different species for each one. How many makes and models of cars do we create every year, for instance?

From a personal standpoint, I don't know what my father saw. I believe his story 100%, but I have no explanation for what he witnessed. When I was younger, I often debated with him on the nature of the phenomenon and would insist that it was obvious he had witnessed an alien space craft. Now that I am older and have done a lot more research and reading on the subject, I am no longer convinced that UFO's are piloted by aliens from another planet. But I suppose that is a discussion for another thread, as there are hundreds of debates on ATS regarding the origins of UFO's.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yea is that around the same time roswell occured? The leading theory of roswell is that it was military craft, and the germans were working on saucer like, stealth craft.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I believe your father saw something too. My father-in-law, who was in the Royal Navy in WW2 also said he saw an unidentified object in the skies. And he knew German and Allied aircraft because he had to, it being a matter of life and death. He's pretty matter-of-fact about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You forgot to add this UFO to your collection...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.
I like your (and your fathers) down to earth approach to the matter.
Especially your hypothesis that it might have been a mirage is something that rings to me.
Not that I think that it was a mirage what your father saw.
Just in general I have been thinking about the possibility that mirages are 'responsible' for some sightings.

By the way: I would love to visit that area one day, hunting down the aurora borealis.
Possibly taking the hurtigruten(sp?)

Wishing you and your father all the best.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I had a UFO sighting once right after having a dream about the NASA space shuttle. A precognitive dream that contained an archetypal image of UFO the NASA space shuttle in orbit a huge permeable cargo net made of stars. The cargo net swept through the NASA space shuttle apparently carrying something away. I had this dream shortly before the NASA space shuttle exploded on reentry into earths atmosphere.

In the light of day I saw the tragic NASA space shuttle array! array! But on the previous night all cargo and I would be carried away! away!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOOWNER

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

A quote with implied UFO meaning:" All governments whatever their political complexion are at present willy-nilly in their grip of natural forces which can only be dealt with by a degree of intelligence of which mankind hitherto has shown little evidence." Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Packman is L6

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join