It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Thomas, Trailblazing White House Correspondent, has passed at age 92.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

She could be a thorn in any President's side, especially W. Bush, for asking the tough questions. She came onto my radar when she grilled Bush about why we really went into Iraq, and his response was because of 9/11.

Here's a little informational video about Helen Thomas:

Rest in peace, Helen. Future presidents will be resting easier as well, knowing they won't have to answer such difficult and direct questions, and be held as accountable as you made them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Helen Thomas - crazy old person who hates Jews
Tough questions? Sure ... but not for a long time now. However, she sure was a racist till the end.
Helen Thomas - American Journalisms Crazy Old Aunt in the Attic
edit on 7/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A few more videos of Helen Thomas in action. This one is of Helen Thomas grilling Bush on why we went into Iraq:

Here's a video of Helen grilling Bush administration's Dana Perino about the use of torture:

And here's one where Helen's questions about innocent Iraqi civilians being killed, pushes Bush administration's Dana Perino over the edge:

Helen Thomas was a little firecracker that will be missed.

edit on 20-7-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ashes to Ashes
Dust to Dust
She had to go eventually
Because it's a Must!

Godspeed and it might be a bit awkward explaining some things to St Peter, but I'm sure he'll understand the life of a reporter.

I will give her credit in one sincere way though. She was tenacious and didn't let go of a good bone she wanted to chew on for answers. That's almost unheard of now where reporters will sell the Soul of their story to keep the Press card if the threat is merely implied in passing.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The only person - the only woman in the established press with the courage to take a stand against the Zionist control - not just in the media but in many other respects. She had their number and they hated her for it, and tried to bring her down.They did not succeed for she fought them to the bitter end......One brave, tough, honorable, courageous, principled lady.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Excellent biased articles from sources never heard of before. Your second link only has a quote that has nothing to do with any racism. Only that Israel has power over the White House, Congress, Hollywood, Wallstreet, etc. This is not racist. It is been shown to be a fairly accurate statement.

As far as racism itself is concerned, the Jewish people aren't a race of people. Race is a genetic distinction, woven into one's DNA. No matter how hard you try, you can never become another race. But anyone can become Jewish and embrace Judaism.

Judaism is about religion and family, not race or racism.

So, let's keep the inaccurate wannabe racial and religious attacks out of the mix, and remember someone who devoted their entire life to journalism, and made certain people answer the tough questions that nobody else wanted to ask.

Everyone talks about how very few real journalists there are nowadays. We just lost one of the real ones.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Learn to TOLERATE other opinions that don't match yours.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Learn to TOLERATE other opinions that don't match yours.

But you didn't post an opinion. You posted biased articles from biased sources, then claimed racism, which is 100% completely inaccurate, and disinformation.

Please go learn what racism really is before disrespectfully and inaccurately claiming others are racist. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysistrata
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The only person - the only woman in the established press with the courage to take a stand against the Zionist control - not just in the media but in many other respects. She had their number and they hated her for it, and tried to bring her down.They did not succeed for she fought them to the bitter end......One brave, tough, honorable, courageous, principled lady.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

Amen.

2nd

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's true that Helen had her opinions-don't we all. I didn't always agree with her, but I agreed with her agenda to get the real facts out of those she was asking the real important questions.

Helen was a warrior not only for women, but for wanting to get to the truth. She was strong and brave, and she will be missed.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How dare she question the evil ,,that will not be tolerated ....R.I.P
edit on 20-7-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
She had her own agenda. She wasn't fair. She wasn't impartial. She was biased and opinionated.

But she is dead now, so I hope her soul is at peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

She was the shizzle!!! Loved her to death. It wasn't right the way she got took down. Yeah, but, say something bad about Israel in that town and your dust.

Disgusting.

Loved all your pointed questions that used to piss Ari off!!!!

Rest in peace girl
edit on 20-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She didn't like Zionists. There is a big club that she belongs to.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's right Wrabbit. Now they sell their souls for a White House press pass.

What a world.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It is the same ol crap. If you are Anti-Zionist, you are Anti-Semetic.

It is old and tired.

Isn't it?

On edit: Don't you know about the holocaust??? For fugsake?? That is why we get to assail the human rights of the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Man, she has been missed for what, about 8 years now. (On edit: I didn't realize it has only been since 2010, it seems like a million years.) I will have to go back and look. I just know it's been a minute since that lady gorged a press secretary.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
I just know it's been a minute since that lady gorged a press secretary.

I posted that video above. Dana Perino got pretty pissed.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I remember her grilling most presidents. Obama the last one. She was a journalist's journalist. Sad we don't really have any one from the old school to replace her. They are all afraid of the repercussions. She had been there so long they didn't dare keep her out. I don't think they could have

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Whenever I think of Helen Thomas, I immediately remember the Colbert Report:

Night of the Helen Thomas is a quick 55 second clip that features Helen Thomas as a stalker. Steven's Press Secretary Audition Tape is the full skit. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, fast forward to 3:45. Aside from her political incorrectness, I think this really exemplifies the Legend of Helen Thomas.

We have lost another of the bright lights that exemplified the strength of character of the "Greatest Generation." Women like Helen Thomas helped change the face of the professional workforce from a male-dominated boy's club to the gender-integrated version we take for granted today. Journalists like Helen Thomas held the politicians' feet to the fire to try to force-out the truth. People like Helen Thomas exemplified one true work ethic: "Die with your boots on"

Thank you Helen. May you now take your place among the Honored Ancestors.

Dex

top topics

<<   2 >>

join