It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Y U no Like drones?

Least we get to see what our money buys, and hell one gets shot down they will just raise our taxes to replace them.

Of course actually shooting one down would be a felony then the DHS in mraps, and SWat bust down your front door and 'arrests' you.

I warn against shooting drones too.

The bloody things crash all on their own.

In the same week that a UK industry insider told a drone conference in the US that the UK is preparing to take preliminary steps in plans that will eventually allow drones to fly in UK civil airspace, three drones on operation in Afghanistan and Somali have crashed.

”We were in complete control up until the collision.”

Crash! It's Raining Drones

The story this thread is about is just a preliminary psy-op to paint the DHS's favorite boogie-man (gun owners) as the fall guy, in advance of any negligence on their part.

DHS drone operator: OMG, sir, we accidentally crashed into a kids birthday party inflatable bounce house. There are kids everywhere. Stuck in trees, on the road, it's ... it's horrible.

DHS propaganda agent: Find me a local farmer with a registered riffle, and frame him.

TV that night: "Tonight! A redneck thought shooting at drones would be a good idea...."

What is that poor farmer gonna do?
Call the drone to the stand and cross examine it?

All Unmanned Drones should be burned at birth.

Mike
edit on 20-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I hate to say it, but it's not just DHS. It's the way of the new world and future until or unless a few of those kid's party accidents actually happen. Then it'll just restrict flight paths, I'll bet. Not anything about the existence of the drones.

I think I lost all hope of a reversible fad when I read about Federal Express actually inquiring about the feasibility of using drones to deliver packages. Not to your door, of course. Hub to Hub to local FedEx office type delivery.

There goes the neighborhood when even FedEx wants into the game with their own Pilot less (wage-free) solution to basic transportation.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Just use a little discretion is all I'd ask. I honestly looked at basing a small business around drones a couple years ago, when I got off the truck. Nothing nefarious. Just aerial photography ranging from real estate to accident re-creation material.

The thing is, the quad copter rigs best suited for commercial aerial photography look a whole lot like what police and some military units use too.

They're very nice, capable of 1km and further, out of direct Line of Sight, (video screen remote maintains perspective for control) and quite expensive. I'd probably be in a mood to do a tad more than have harsh words with the Bubba that blew one of mine out of the sky because he couldn't comprehend a nearby house was for sale and contracting the photos or business needed surveyed.

Just a note to remember is all. Not ALL drones are Gov't or up to no good. There is an exciting and booming business for low altitude, short range urban drone use for very logical and legitimate purposes.

Great!
Wonderful.

Go into business, please.
Make me a cheep $100 - 400 model
so I can fly it into and destroy one the bigger
$4 million dollar RQ-1 / MQ-1 Predator types that I hate.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I hate to say it, but it's not just DHS. [color=gold] It's the way of the new world and future until or unless a few of those kid's party accidents actually happen. Then it'll just restrict flight paths, I'll bet. Not anything about the existence of the drones.

I think I lost all hope of a reversible fad when I read about Federal Express actually inquiring about the feasibility of using drones to deliver packages. Not to your door, of course. Hub to Hub to local FedEx office type delivery.

There goes the neighborhood when even FedEx wants into the game with their own Pilot less (wage-free) solution to basic transportation.

It's happening.
It has been happening.
I was happening on the day they were born.

U.S. drone strikes in Afghanistan killed 10 times as many civilians as manned jet fighters, a study by an adviser to the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff said.

us mil . com / study / drones kill 10x more civilians than jets

All drones should be destroyed at birth.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If I were to start shooting at drones how could I tell the difference between a drone and a passenger airplane?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have a feeling that the town council of Deer Trail Colorado will have some "accidents" in the near future.

To quote Delbert Grady from the 1980 movie "The Shinning",

"But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her."

I think there is going to be some "correction" in regards to this willful town.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

What? You're not thinking a training flight with weapons on the wings could suffer a catastrophic case of metal fatigue or weld failure while right over the glide path into the City Hall or Courthouse of this fine little town, are you?

I mean, Mr Murphy has a warped sense of humor, but that would stretch even Uncle's ability to spin a story for. Then again.... Well.. I guess I wouldn't want to be in City Government around there at the moment. lol.... The world is an imperfect place. Accidents happen all the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wasn't thinking that, however, "fate" can be ironic. That type of "accident" would send a couple of messages, like "I told you so, you shouldn't be shooting at drones" and "It's not a good idea to fool with the federal government".
edit on 20-7-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
If I were to start shooting at drones how could I tell the difference between a drone and a passenger airplane?

Bah, don't worry about it. Just shoot, they probably deserved it anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ran into this page a few days ago: How to Kill a UAV. Discusses ways to jam signals and siphon off unencrypted feeds from drones. While shooting it down would be far easier, less costly, and highly tempting, cutting off or intercepting its communications could be far more "fun" (note I say this in a hypothetical/theoretical academic manner of discourse).

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Bah, don't worry about it. Just shoot, they probably deserved it anyway.

Use buck shot.
It will never reach a commercial flight,
and if you shoot down a quadrocopter full of groceries then Bonus!

Amazon grocery delivery

Amazon grocery delivery: a trojan horse to get in your door.

Amazon Grocery deleiver in LA offered on a trial basis to prime members

Pragmatist: the quadrocopter delivery service

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I honestly think it's only a matter of time and issue before there comes a full armed Federal vs. Local confrontation. It may end quick, peaceful by the time it's done and nothing but a big show ..but it's bound to come. Things like this in Colorado and others like Wyoming Sheriff's absolute about arresting themselves some Feds who come to push gun laws they don't agree with ..to other things.

This would be the trigger that couldn't be ignored though. Shoot down a multi-million dollar DHS drone? Someone is definitely coming along to talk about that. See a town pay a reward and bounty for doing it? I think a whole long convoy of someone's will be coming in big beefy black Suburbans to have a chat at the Town Hall. Just my sense of things... Eventually, one of these will push far enough to pop. If only a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just a question...

What are the laws concerning flying over private property? Can I post signs at edges of my property saying "No Drone Tresspassing or Overflights" and be legal if one has an "accident" over my property?

What is to stop me from making my own drone and flying it over someone elses private property without permission?

Just curious...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you don't know then you might not want to handle a gun at all.
Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

i admit this is a pretty far out opinion on the matter but i see arming the drones for civilian use (arming the drones to shoot back as you put it ) being a huge legal liability for the police or federal agency's that use them,i mean dont get me wrong i dont think firing into the air at drones is a good idea but i dont see them being able to be armed because they are not alive and most cops are only allowed to fire their weapons to defend their life or the life of innocents,as the drone has no life and no human operator in it is in danger i dont think it would be justifiable use of force and a crafty lawyer could set a precedent.

could very well be different rules for the fed or national guard

even if they are issuing drone permits i would not want to be the first one to try to claim a bounty on them but they could very well turn into collectors items some day so if they are cheap enough investing in one as a collectable might not be too bad of an idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Just sayin.

Too late for that, Mr condescending.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Just sayin.

Too late for that, Mr condescending.

Well, it's obviously good advice then.
Second condescending line.
edit on 20-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Brings a whole new constitutional meaning to the term "Restricted Airspace." Drones fell on Alabama last night.

edit on 20-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i wonder if shining a laser at a drone would carry the same penalties as a manned craft, as there would be no pilot to blind, and would pose none of the mentioned risks previously stated by the FAA.

i also wonder what it would do to that spy camera, if it were high powered.

i wonder if the diodes in blue-ray burners and LED-projectors can easily be configured into handheld devices to do this very task.

i wonder if online companies already make and sell these devices fairly cheap....

i love to wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join