It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

The guy shouldn't have gotten involved, I don't see how self defense applies when you involve yourself in a situation that you don't need to. I don't know if it was the guy's car getting broken into or not but I'm pretty sure New York law doesn't allow you to defend property as if it's a life therefor he had no business opening up his door and firing his gun. Do we really want to go back to the Wild West days? The dead teen could also have been acting in self defense, the guy had fired shots I think that puts the teen in reasonable fear for his life.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
In my opinion, what we are dealing with today, is REVERSE racism.

I've always hated this phrase so very much, and I want to strongly discourage its use. "Reversed" racism is tolerance and acceptance.

When a white person discriminates against a black person due to race? That's called: Racism.

When a black person discriminates against a white person due to race? That's called: Racism.

etc etc...

Sure, the skin colors in the "stereotypical" idea of racism have been "reversed" in one of those scenarios. But that's not "reverse racism." "Reverse racism" is a bad, inaccurate term, and it carries with it the implication that it's something special or unusual for a person of color to hate a white person, and IMHO that's not an idea we should encourage or proliferate, even by implication. This so-(poorly)-called "Reverse racism" has been with us for a long, long time.

I encourage you to stop using this misleading term, and simply call it what it is: Racism.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Agreed, there is no such thing as reverse racism.
There is racism period.

As to why this didn't make headlines vs why Trayvon Martin did? Social media activism that turned into actual activism, the MSM had no choice but to pick up his story. I don't know that using this case with an intention to prove 'reverse racism' is the way to go about bringing attention to this case especially considering the shooter was immediately arrested, charged and tried... what originally brought the Martin case to national attention is that Zimmerman wasn't arrested for 45 (I think) days. That and he assumed to be committing a crime by the shooter when actually he was just walking home.

There are hundreds of Trayvon Martin cases and hundreds of cases like this one, why one gets picked up and another doesn't is a mystery. Maybe every child that is killed by whatever means for whatever reason should be in our immediate attention all the time, maybe then we can actually go about fixing the systemic problems that result in their deaths... then again maybe we'll just become more desensitized to it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do you have proof of these extraordinary claims?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Because calling the police and reporting a suspicious incident, and following the suspect to tell police where he is headed, is not self defense. However, as it was, trayvon then pursued him and attacked him. Do you not remember the severly broken nose that zimmerman received? Or the bashed in skull that he had on the back of his head from trayvon smashing it in the ground repeatedly? THAT, my friend IS self defense, is it not

The guy shouldn't have gotten involved, I don't see how self defense applies when you involve yourself in a situation that you don't need to

Also, I believe that zimmerman was the neighborhood watch person, and because of the recent break ins that had happened, he was WELL within his right to involve himself in the situation. That is not only MY opinion, but the juries finding as well. Sometimes, the facts really do speak for themselves.
edit on 21-7-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This wasn't heard of because the media didn't sensationalize the case.

I too believe Zimmerman acted in self defense. If Zimmerman is carrying a firearm, I find it hard to believe that Trayvon could have gotten the upper hand if he DIDN'T jump Zimmerman. Trayvon was the aggressor by law, not by my opinion, but by the evidence.

A neighbor testified that he believed Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman. A forensics expert testified that the evidence points to Trayvon being on top of Zimmerman because of the way the powder pattern appears. It indicated Trayvon's hoodie was many inched from his body at the point of impact of the bullet, indicating he was facing downward.

Anyway, this just illustrates the problem with the media. They will spin anything anyway they want to get the ratings. Also, where are your protests Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? Lack of interest in this case???

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

The media wont be able to rile the public with a story like this. if they ever ran with something like this then the manipulation game they're playing would unravel a bit.

They want an easily angered, and easily controlled public. They wouldn't advertise a story like this one because it would cancel out the racist stigma behind Zimmerman case.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Big media is playing the black community.

Everyone should be extremely mad at what big media has done with the TM GZ case.

This story should be spread throughout the internet.

Just put it up on Yahoo answers.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Unity_99

I think of it this way .. 95% of the time the person getting shot was doing something illegal/wrong, so, whether or not the person "deserved" to die to imo, a question not worth the time to ask. Dirt bags get killed under these laws, and I have a hard time feeling bad about it. In this case the punks breaking into cars.. deserved it. In the Martin case he punched a random person on the street ... deserved it. If it were "normal" people killing "normal" people then there might be a problem .. as it is .. it gets rid of the waste in society.

I've never read anything more ignorant than in my entire life coming from someone so hardheaded. In all seriousness you have no idea what you're talking about and just throwing words out without using common sense. 'Normal' people? What do you define normal? I want to hear what you have to say. I can take it you're the judge of character for anyone, knew the teens personally to make judgement on who is dirt and what not? What a joke.

edit on 21-7-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The media sensationalizes, and people herd to it. One day, people will realize that a large portion of our copycat crimes, racism, and other unrest, is due to MSM. It's absolutely ridiculous that the Zimmerman got the publicity that it did. It was a single incident in a day where there were probably dozens of other incidents. The media says "omg racism?".. and suddenly, this is a huge case about racism. It's ONE GUY. Even if he WAS a racist, why in the world should that make other logically thinking men and woman of any color or culture suddenly take offense and toss bricks at other people?

MSM used to be about delivering news. Now it's about delivering $$$ via ratings, and they don't care what they have to report to get those ratings. MSM needs to be reigned in.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I found a pretty great comparison of the 2 cases.

www.decodedscience.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's sort of impossible to impeach a corrupt potus for things like Benghazi, Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal, and NSA scandal...

When the whole country is up in arms about racial division.

Now isn't it?

(shakes head)

We've all been played, and dealt the cards. Suck it up and start suckin' his butt... because he's just cemented his place for the rest of his term. He isn't going anywhere - without the whole of the country breaking out into civil war and calling the impeachment about race. It won't be about any of the scandals he's been complicit to - it will be about the color of his skin.

Talk about not being able to see the forest through the trees....

Cirque

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This question could be posed to many events around the world. Why did the Boston bombing receive so much media attention, yet at around the same time, a US Drone dropped a bomb on a family wedding in Afghanistan, which killed more innocent people that the Boston bombing claimed ?
The media are owned by the Elite, the Elite have an agenda, and the media will carry out and promote that agenda.
In regards to people calling the Zimmerman case a white vs black crime...............I thought those of a Hispanic background were actually classed as brown ? Where does the white even come into it ? Leave the colour out of it and start to realise that stupid people exist from all colours !
Instead of wondering why the media doesn't report on certain events, start looking into the agenda's of the Elite, and which media outlets they own or control, and every thing becomes very clear, very quickly, OR, we can play into the agenda and keep contributing to the race debate ?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Those kids were committing a crime. Trayvon was walking home.
The two surviving teens admitted to theft. Trayvon paid for his Skittles.
There were three teens. Trayvon was alone.
Roderick Scott was immediately arrested and charged. Zimmerman was not.

Source1

It's any wonder why they can't find a case to compare where police reacted the same way to a killer of a murdered white victim... they can't. Pretty interesting ain't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Roderick Scott is a racist! If I had a son, it would look like one of those two boys! It could have easily been me!

Now, see how stupid that sounds? Take note Obama.

On topic:
I agree with what Roderick Scott did. He stood his ground and did what was right. Just like Zimmerman. If the criminal Trayvon and the criminals in this story would have listened and not charged and attacked the people with the guns, they'd still be alive today. However, criminals aren't the smartest of the bunch, why I'm suspecting these two criminal boys were probably kicked out of school too, probably drug dealers and users just like the criminal Trayvon.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Auricom because: Spelling, sorry.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hmmm, I thought this was a community of people that didn't accept anything at face value. Simply because a verdict of not guilty was delivered doesn't mean in any way that the defendant is innocent. Multiple cases can be referenced to substantiate this fact. Moreover, given the fact that the excerpt itself clearly details a situation in which the shooter wasn't the initial aggressor and had a viable claim to self-defense, I'm not sure what your argument is. Do I think he should've shot the young man, no, but then again the excerpt didn't provide any specifics of the situation. (Did the young man have a weapon in hand, etc.) Also, of caucasians murdered most were murdered by other caucasians (84% actually) and we never hear about those murders either do we. Yet, you bring attention to this case not because the presented facts mirror those of the zimmerman case, but simply because it happened to be a black-on-white scenario, thus proving yourself a hypocrite.bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">DoJ Homicide Trend Statistics

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

It's pretty hard to "jump" somebody if that person has clear eyesight of your presence and is conversing with you before the altercation begins. And the fact that trayvon was on top during the altercation is, in truth, irrelevant to the key events of the case, and i applaud the defense for cleverly misdirecting a large portion of this case's followers. For one, whether Trayvon or Zimmerman was on top during the fight is in no way indicative of who started the fight, which is a pivotal fact in a self-defense claim. Second, given the fact that we have testimony which proves his injuries were of a miniscule nature that didn't warrant the need for deadly force, he shouldn't have used such. If the judicial system doesn't define a clear boundary for the types of injuries that warrant the need to use deadly force, and instead leave it to be defined as a matter of perspective, then we will see more cases like this in the future and more injustice.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

we have testimony from the prosecution's key witness who clearly stated that trayvon did in fact ask zimmerman why he was following him, to which zimmerman replied, " What are you doing around here?" An obviously aggressive response given the situation, but I won't even delve into that right now. Lastly, she heard Trayvon say, "Get off me." Now, anyone with a shred a common sense knows that the only time someone says that is when an individual has grabbed them or at least touched them in some way. Given the fact that zimmerman followed trayvon and definitely not the other way around, it's plausible to believe that trayvon felt the same instinctive fear for life that would befall anyone here if they observed themselves being followed by a suspicious stranger wearing no law enforcement paraphernalia and who's true intentions you were unaware of. Then when said person approaches you in an aggressive manner and lays his hands on you, you have the right to defend yourself from that unknown entity, as Trayvon did. Ironically, self-defense is the only thing he's guilty of.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

OK that is a really good question but EVERY day a news day. The question is what to include in the news which is a matter of programming. Now how does anyone know that this was not reported as a news item? Anyway I care equally when anyone is killed especially if it is a younglife. Sorry to burst the conspiracy bubble that states that "Whites people are more oppressed more than Blacks". On a level playing field white americans do not perform as well as MOST immigrants (Black and white) Don't blame me but look at the recent scare over the Eastern Europeans.

Perhaps this case did not hav a "stand your ground" angle which might have been the real agenda behind the recent Hispanic on black killing

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Starred

It was a good analysis. On a minor note why wasn't Zimmerman Immediately arrested is the only question that springs to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join