It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post is destroying UFO Research

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The relentless UFO articles via Huffington Post media is a serious concern for Ufology.

Token media consistently provides token evidence or ill informed and spurious entertainment.

UFO Research is being hijacked by the crass element of wannabe blogger opportunists.

Two years Time? ..............UFO`s .........Huffington Post as a main source.

Remember when searching on YouTube for UFO ... NLO OVNI OVD
and you received a mass of worldwide UFO Footage with immediacy.

Nowadays you get virtually nothing all day on YouTube regarding updated UFO videos.

Huffington Post is an entity that may attempt to corner the market on UFO related media.

Sit back in anticipation for a Rendlesham UFO witness revelation event? media..
or new UFO footage in late August 2013 to the middle of September 2013

UK UFO event? . And it will be in the Huffington Post - Late August to September 2013

edit on 19-7-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Mmm! I dunno . . .
I think they provide a valuable service.
The vast majority of the public ignores the subject of UFOs, and Huffington Post at least provides information that may be a conduit for greater interest in the phenomenon by people who are not so well informed as readers of ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"UFO research" was hijacked long ago, friend. We still have a few lights, but, bah!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

I understand the point you're trying to make but I don't think it should be aimed strictly at Huffington, there's a ton of UFO reports with barely any interesting info. I think part of the problem is that not enough people are clued up enough to know what they're looking for e.g. Magnetic effects, strange aerial movements, lack of sounds.

Too much just gets thrown in together and classed as a "UFO", when in actual fact, it probably isn't

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleVinnys
Mmm! I dunno . . .
I think they provide a valuable service.
The vast majority of the public ignores the subject of UFOs, and Huffington Post at least provides information that may be a conduit for greater interest in the phenomenon by people who are not so well informed as readers of ATS.

I truly respect your input here, however all UFO publicity does not mean good publicity.

It may be that the 'UFO phenomena' is a convenient media topic for a self serving vehicle.

I am only highlighting the dangers towards a shallow and immediate UFO topic news facility.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This will be the case till they land on the white house lawn unfortunately

Instead of cry about something that has always been done, make more of an effort to inform the public using undeniable, undebunkable proof in blogs, Youtube videos, or any other means you see fit, it is in these areas that we have drawn more and more believers and awakening the sheep to what our governments don't want the mass public to know
edit on 19-7-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"UFO research" has destroyed a long time ago. It's not a serious topic of discussion to people anymore. We have a lot of different reasons why that is. Hoaxers and charlatans being the main reason in my opinion.

...and lets face it, the evidence is lacking...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
YouTube is also part of the problem, as well as ATS and many other forums that allow UFO discussions.

Real UFO research is becoming non-existent due to the flood of hoaxes, and videos/images that are clearly not UFO's where people lack the experience or education to see that it's a plane, balloon, RC LED light toy, etc.

99% of UFO threads on ATS alone are mostly IFO's, videos/images of tiny dots of light in the night that can't possibly ever be identified, and some CGI hoaxes. And those threads that have real UFO discussions are buried under all the garbage IFO and hoax threads.

And then there are those that peruse YouTube all day and night and constantly post threads about any and every "UFO" video they find on YouTube whether the videos are from known hoaxers or not, or whether the video has been identified in the comments or not, and without doing any research on their own to see if the "UFO" is something that can easily be an IFO.

There are far too many people that want to believe in aliens so much that they believe that every single "UFO" image and video is of extraterrestrial origins without considering terrestrial possibilities first.

99.9999% of all UFO's are terrestrial. Whether they be balloons, aircraft, RC LED light toys, Chinese lanterns, etc. Real UFO researchers will rule out any and every terrestrial possibility concerning a UFO image or video before moving on to non- or extra-terrestrial possibilities.

As far as the UFO forum on ATS is concerned, all the IFO's should be removed after they're identified so that only real UFO discussions can easily be found and continue. There are way, way too many threads that are not UFO's, but IFO's, and clutter/dirty up the UFO forum currently.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As I've stated numerous times on this site, ufology has been on a downward spiral ever since the ET hypothesis became the de facto go to answer. The Huffington Post isn't destroying ufology, it's people like Icke, Hoagland, and Giorgio.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have an idea. Lets just sit at a keyboard and bitch and whine about other websites. That of course will solve the perceived problem.

The thought of doing some research and providing useful information is ridiculous. It's so much easier to blame other people.

(did everybody catch the sarcasam?)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It seems to me that UFO research is what researchers make it. The great, dedicated and truly tenacious researchers seem to be retiring out, dying off by nature's call or just fading back in cases like Art Bell (in what he did in at least getting more people interested.)

If more quality research comes out, it'll take precedence. If the field is ceded to the likes of Huff-Po, then Huff-Po wins the game . . . but not without help by apathy and lack of competition in general.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The problem is it seems like too many ufologists get tempted by the money. I can't think of any current researcher on the level of Hynek or Vallee. Dolan was close, but in recent years he seems to be joining the ranks of Hoagland and other "researchers" like him.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Kenneth Arnold was what, 66 years ago?

And UFOlogy has accomplished what since then?

Imagine another 66 years of the same progress.. 130 years of research to prove nothing. Not even any physical evidence.

Give Huff. Post a shot. They literally can not do any worse than UFOlogists already have.
edit on 7/19/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
The problem is it seems like too many ufologists get tempted by the money. I can't think of any current researcher on the level of Hynek or Vallee. Dolan was close, but in recent years he seems to be joining the ranks of Hoagland and other "researchers" like him.

I hear ya. The most impressive work right now seems to be the ongoing efforts of IsaacKoi, and a scant few researchers, to collate and package various UFO literature and reports into searchable databases.

Shades of Vallee, and 2 or 3 others, creating databases and extrapolating information by cross-reference.

For Example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have to say I miss internos. Along with Isaac his work shed light on cases both classic and obscure and actually made you think. I know we're not supposed to talk about banned members but when it comes to modern ufologists I feel like internos definitely deserves mention.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
UFOlogy's only hope comes from skepticism and accredited doctorates who don't play footsies with or give any cotton to UFOs.

It's the Dana Skully paradigm. You can have 100 Billion wide eyed mouth gawking Mulders believing in whatever, but, it won't mean a single bit of spit of nothing, and even risk doing untold amounts damage to the credibility of anything coming out of "UFOlogy".

If, however, Skully sees it, and recognizes it, and gives it her thumbs up, then, only then you might maybe could possibly perhaps have something.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
If, however, Skully sees it, and recognizes it, and gives it her thumbs up, then, only then you might maybe could possibly perhaps have something.

We await thy delicately and wondrously-formed thumb, skyward, our most dearest "Scully."

Yes, sigh,...our openminded skeptics are our greatest friends. A lil' slow and thick when the brain molasses starts flowing, especially in tha' philosophical mode...but logical as heck. It all balances.

edit on 20-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Too much just gets thrown in together and classed as a "UFO", when in actual fact, it probably isn't

Well, one person's "UFO" is another persons flare, or planes flying in formation etc etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Another bid for censorship. They'd like to go through all the sites and stop them. Before its news, and next down the list.

FAIL. If I won money I 'd sue those who endanger my life and liberty due to censorhip, for its a huge deal and it makes me feel incredibly in danger physically to live in such a society.

Again FAIL.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The relentless UFO articles via Huffington Post media is a serious concern for Ufology.

And this man isn't?

José Jaime Maussan Flota (born May 31, 1953) is a Mexican journalist and Mexico's leading ufologist.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join