It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews Apologizes to Black Co Workers on Behalf of ALL White People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How many of us here are not surrounded and influenced by many people from many walks of life, they just wont let that sleeping dog lie I have people from all walks of life in my circle of family and friends, recently I became friends with a south Korean lady, I wouldn't have ever thought that would have happened,

If I moved my circle of friends out to the mostly white Obama voting suburbs next to the bleeding heart people that voted for Obama but wont come into my neighborhood, they would go nuts

That would make my day,if me and my tribe could inhabit their space...........

I remember when the movie, The Help, came out and my employer told me it made her think of me, I hate that , I really do.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL that was funny. Thanks for the laugh as usual. I learned along time ago in life to never apologize for something you didn't do, tells a lot about yourself and your insecurities.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Why not.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by beezzer

LOL that was funny. Thanks for the laugh as usual. I learned along time ago in life to never apologize for something you didn't do, tells a lot about yourself and your insecurities.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Why not.

So unless you killed someone's loved one, don't ever, ever, ever tell them you are sorry for their loss. It shows you're insecure.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Spin away.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by kaylaluv

Spin away.

The only ones spinning are the OP and the others supporting it. The truth is, Matthews never "apologized" for anything. He said he was sorry for what happened to someone else - you know, like you are sorry for someone's loss. And that is a fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My mother's side of the family had "help" as the old timers would say. I followed the family tree back to her earliest ancestor that came over, Capt. William Tucker, a founder of Jamestown. He brought with him some "help" that is historically considered the first black slave couple to be married and have a family in North America. Many black people are proud to trace their lineage back to the Tucker family. Should I be ashamed of that?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Teeky
I'm sick of all these topics about race popping up on Ats lately. Now here's another one. I'm going to just sit back and continue to read more negative comments about black people. Thanks a lot op. White people are soooo nice.

Show me exactly where I said anything negative about black people in the opening post. Go ahead .... give it a try. I said NOTHING negative about black people. The negative thing said was about Chris Matthews who had the audacity to claim to speak for ALL white people with his far left rhetoric.

BTW .. your statement is racist. "White people are soooo nice.'
(oh and you have no idea what race me or my family are ... and it's irrelevant to the discussion anyways)
edit on 7/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Your opening post is negative because you are helping to fuel this black vs white race war crap. What is this the "50th" thread on racism since the Zimmerman verdict?! Then you're pissed off cause Matthews apologized for racism

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks
It's one thing to be enthusiastic about diversity or being open to including others different from you in your life. We all benefit from understanding and learning about those from different racial/socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds. But jesus christ, Chris Matthews has dived head-first into an uncharted territory of douchebaggery. Apologizing on behalf of an entire group of people is race relations gone bad. "White guilt" is the worst form of racism.

Great point ! And I have news for Chris's boss - cops don't apologize to white people either when they make a mistake, from what I've witnessed. And the point he makes about the cop with the shotgun to his head seemed to be that it had to be racism. No possibility that coincidence had any part, as if he just happened to be the person coming out the door as the cop walked up ? Hardly blatant cases of abuse to me. Bad timing maybe, but not abuse. If this scarred him so badly, why were the memories so suppressed ? Maybe because it wasn't worth remembering. Just another reach to do an un-newsworthy story. Reminds me why I don't watch Matthews !

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Chris Mathews is the biggest white apologist on the planet, his opinions have no merit. This country was founded & made great by white people. Our disgraced president is the perfect example of what this country isn't. All the blacks in America should be appreciative their ancestors were brought here & given a better life. Do you have more here or if you were in Africa? I know the answer, do you?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Chris Matthews has the audacity to claim to speak for all white people.

Chris Matthews Apologizes to Black Co Workers on Behalf of All White People

A shocked Matthews ended the segment saying he wanted to apologize. “I’ll just tell you one thing and I’m speaking now for all white people but especially those who have tried to change in the last 50 or 60 years — and a lot of them have really tried to change — I’m sorry for this stuff. That’s all I’m saying.”

Sure, what these people went through was not right. But to claim to speak for all white people and to apologize like that .. assuming across the board whites are all guilty and should all apologize .... ugh. White guilt .. .pffft. :shk: Hey Chris ... you do NOT speak for all white people.

FLAME AWAY

I don't see this as an issue at all. He did actually reiterate in the same sentence whenever he stated;

“I’ll just tell you one thing and I’m speaking now for all white people but especially those who have tried to change in the last 50 or 60 years — and a lot of them have really tried to change — I’m sorry for this stuff. That’s all I’m saying.”

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
My mother's side of the family had "help" as the old timers would say. I followed the family tree back to her earliest ancestor that came over, Capt. William Tucker, a founder of Jamestown. He brought with him some "help" that is historically considered the first black slave couple to be married and have a family in North America. Many black people are proud to trace their lineage back to the Tucker family. Should I be ashamed of that?

Ashamed of what?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

spewing far left rhetoric as usual.

No way? On MSNBC, far left rhetoric? OMG!

So why are YOU so bothered that others are bothered by Matthews claiming to speak for them?

Because it's pointless victimization. I mean EXTREMELY pointless victimization.

If it bugs you so much, then go to a different thread. This is a discussion forum. So we are discussing it. Deal with it.

Wait, isn't that exactly what you should have done? If what he said on a known liberal network bothered you so much, why not just change the channel? Or just Deal with it?

Oh that's right, because in today's society it's all about victimization and fake rage.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Big media is doing everything it can to stir up the race wars, that is obvious.

Starting with the unwarranted press on the small groups protesting the verdict, and and never attempting to report anything but one sided versions, all for Trayvon, up until this.

What make Mathews think he has the right to apologize for all white people. This is so completely insulting, I could never care about anything the man ever has to say, and that goes for all the other people climbing on this soap box.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Last time I checked...Chris Matthews wasn't a 'White-Hispanic'.
edit on 20-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, now that Mr. Matthews has apologized I guess we can put all this racial animosity behind us. Reverend Jackson can enjoy a well deserved retirement with his wife and mistress, and Reverend Sharpton can now preach the love of Jesus instead of divisiveness. Well done, Mr. Matthews!

Now, about the Native Americans ...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Matthews is a Moron. He is such a loser, apologizing to a group that does not deserve an apology. I stopped watching him, not because he did not have interesting guests, but he did all the talking and would never let them speak. Guess that is why I went to RT. That said, I think the following comments made by Bill Cosby on the 18th of July, says it all as far as I am concerned. John

BILL HAS GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN...
They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of c**p coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.!
I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?
Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....
I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that c**p ......... And all of them are in jail.
Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white peo! ple any longer.'
~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.
WELL SAID, BILL
It's NOT about color...
It's about behavior!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thefifthcat

Dont beat yourself up. My great grandfather x19 started the English Slave trade. William Hawkins and his brother Sir John Hawkins.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
lol@ the anger in this thread

This forum is full of delusional white people that really think they are somehow victims of society.

Yes, because white people are the ones who live in the past with a gigantic chip on their shoulder, refusing to take responsibility for their shortcomings and lack of success, always blaming the treatment of their ancestors on another race for all their current problems.

Yes, white people are just full of victim-hood aren't they?

/sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He does not speak for me. I will apologize for no one, not even myself, considering I have done nothing wrong. I am not sure what he is even apologizing for. What did black people go through that was so bad that it affects people today? Slavery? I am positive that nobody alive today had to endure slavery, and I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of black people have no idea as to their family heritage past a couple of generations. I am white and I do not even know what occurred past a few generations, and I would be foolish to say that what occurred back then is dramatically affecting me today. It would be a lie.

I have found that, as far as average citizens who do not belong to any racial movement, black people are more racist than white people. That black woman they had on the news during the Zimmerman trial, I think they called her Ms. Ali, is a prime example. People like this wish to turn every single issue into one of race. White people generally do not care one way or the other, otherwise they would not stand for organizations like the NAACP.

If you think about it, THAT organization is racist to the highest degree. If white people wanted to form a society for the advancement of white people, do you think that the black community would stand for that? There are many blacks, just like there are whites, who don't really care. They are good people who do not attempt to play into this farce. Racism once was a prevalent part of society, but in this day and age, no race can claim full scale racism against any other race. It just doesn't exist. And as I said, there are just as many people who are non-white that are racist as well, so saying that this is a problem perpetrated by white people is utterly ridiculous.

Black people, brown people, and white people are not discriminated against in the vast majority of enterprises in the USA. Although, one could say that the discrimination is equally applied to all races. Say there is a business that is secretly racist against black people. They are evened out by unfair practices against other races as well, things like affirmative action. Do you see white people attempting to use affirmative action to get into "black" colleges? Why in the world are there even all black colleges when there would be a ruckus if there were an all white college. It is not fair.

So racism works both ways. Black people CANNOT claim they deserve special treatment and priveleges simply because slavery existed prior to 1865. I mean that is utterly ridiculous. And the idea of slave reparations was widely accepted by many black people, who would quickly have taken any monies awarded them. Yet where is the fairness to the rest of society? No one alive today is responsible for slavery, therefore why should any white person NEED to apologize? And one is blind if they think that some black people do not use this against white people. The woman I mentioned earlier is a prime example.

And then people are trying to turn the Zimmerman case into a race issue. Clearly it is obvious that Zimmerman did not know what color the other guy was when he was scoping him out, thinking he was up to no good. But Martin DID in fact use a racial slur, yet people want to ignore that fact because it was a black person who said it. I am so sick of things only working one way, when in a fair society all people should be held to the same standards.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I dont want that idiot apologizing for me. He is a whack Liberal.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join