It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You do not know the FOOD you are eating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I do not own this video. Education purpose only.

If you are interested in how your food is manufactured, this is a good video. I use the word 'manufactured' because it is not about 'growing'. If you have the stomach to watch the whole thing, you will weep at the end.

The sadest thing in my view is that, if this is how it works for food, the same thing applies, or will apply, to all other sectors, water, news information, education, you name it. A handful of multi-national companies in each sector, and we are all slaves to them. We are being used and harvested the same way as the chicken or the cattle.

edit on 18-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the vid. Watching it now will report back soon as.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This was such an eye opener OP. Thank you for sharing even though it was a tough look. I'm at a loss for words. It was heart wrenching.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I remember watching this a while back and it made me very glad that we grow all of our own food and most of our meat. We get the rest from family friends who raise what we don't. In my opinion the leading reason our health as humans is in decline is due to all of the bad food that everyone is eating. But just as with most other issues the general public either doesn't care at all or not enough to change it. Our government keeps protecting these companies that produce all this crap we call food all while allowing the citizens to be poisoned by it. Your only option for health food is to grow all natural heirloom crops and to raise your meat as natural as you can.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I remember watching this a while back and it made me very glad that we grow all of our own food and most of our meat. We get the rest from family friends who raise what we don't. In my opinion the leading reason our health as humans is in decline is due to all of the bad food that everyone is eating. But just as with most other issues the general public either doesn't care at all or not enough to change it. Our government keeps protecting these companies that produce all this crap we call food all while allowing the citizens to be poisoned by it. Your only option for health food is to grow all natural heirloom crops and to raise your meat as natural as you can.
Are you afraid you may lose the right one day to grow your food, because of things like
'Agenda 21'?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Then you will love this as well:

19 foods that aren't foods

Par example:

Caramel that's not caramel

Caramel Syrup may look and taste like the gross approximation of caramel, but industrial caramel is way different than the kind you make at home using a sugar base. Some “caramel color” is processed with ammonia, and California even added the compound that makes it up—4-methylimidazole—to its list of known carcinogens. Companies don’t have to disclose whether they use ammonia in their caramel color, so it’s best to melt your own. Ingredients: Corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sweetened condensed skim milk (skim milk and sugar), water, contains 2 percent or less of: disodium phosphate, sodium citrate, salt, artificial flavor, caramel color, xanthan gum, artificial color (yellow 6, yellow 5).

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

I watched that a while ago and it was alarming to know all that about food. Ive told some people about things like this most of which dont care. A few people found it digusting but did little about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

I watched that a while ago and it was alarming to know all that about food. Ive told some people about things like this most of which dont care. A few people found it digusting but did little about it.

I agree, why do you think people don't care much about something as basic and essential to our very survival as food?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hopefully enough people will start avoiding all this processed food and there will be less of it the market

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

Hopefully enough people will start avoiding all this processed food and there will be less of it the market

I used to be under the impression that we had a choice. This video show the opposite is true. Only 4 companies control the food distribution market.

And with the Monsanto laws you can't even find out if you are eating genetically modified food. It seems unlikely that the Congress will suddenly decide to make consumer-friendly laws.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow, this has definitely been educating.

I mean, I've heard of factory farms but I've never quite seen it in detail like this film has shown.

I guess everything has been industrialized to meet the needs of the masses. It's quite sick how everything is now being viewed by these companies. It's all about production and how to produce efficiently and economically.

They should really re-look at how they produce food cause I'm sure if more people had to become aware of how the food they buy ends up in the grocery store and the path it had to follow the more of them would start supporting the small farmers, fisheries, etc.

Think the entire system needs to change to be honest. Everything seems tainted now once you take a good look at it.

You know, if no one starts fighting against it, we'll turn the whole planet into a big factory and we'll be nothing but "human-machines" keeping that factory alive. In fact, I think that's what the worlds already become.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video yet(will watch it, when I'll be at my home) so if it is answered in the video I'm sorry. Does anyone has link to any article, video or something about lemonades and soda drinks. Which ones are the best, healthiest, which ones are bad for your health and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky

Wow, this has definitely been educating.

They should really re-look at how they produce

I agree with you but let me ask, who is 'they'?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

They - the companies involved in factory farming:

Tyson Foods Inc.
Smithfield Foods Inc.
Pilgram’s Pride
ConAgra
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Domino’s Pizza

Above are most companies that utilize factory farming or being supplied by a company that uses factory farming.

Than there are brands who said they'll improve by eliminating their use of factory farming/farms -

McDonald’s
Burger King
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
Cargill Inc.
Compass Group
Sonic Corp.
Wendy’s
Safeway, Inc.
Hellmann’s
Krispy Kreme
Sara Lee
Kraft Foods

Not sure if they have though. But yeah, was also referring to farmers really. Understand they're being pressured by these large companies and really don't have a say in the matter.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
Then you will love this as well:

19 foods that aren't foods

wow, the tea one is just...just a crime against nature lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Honestly; No I am not afraid of that because if that day comes then it will be the inauguration of civil war. There are far too many people who rely on growing their own food to survive, myself included due to financial restrictions. If I had to buy every meal it would make things harder than they already are. If someone comes to tell us to stop then it is already too late.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi, good-food fans !

You do not know the FOOD you are eating

! ! YES WE KNOW BECAUSE WE BUY ORGANIC ONLY ! ! B-)

I would say we buy organic 95% and more.
www.avril.ca...
www.marchestau.com...
magasin.iga.net...
And we grow quite a bit too, on our deck/patio !

We do NOT trust/buy what comes from China and USA ! !
We do not trust/buy fishes from the Pacific ocean.

!! Sooooooooo, we vote with our wallet !!

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

! ! YES WE KNOW BECAUSE WE BUY ORGANIC ONLY ! !

Organic food may be GMO. Do you really know how it was 'modified'?
Even if you grow your own, do you know if it was contaminated by GMO genes?

Btw, I am not suggesting that those genes carry any diseases.... yet. But do you know if they could? Well, that would never happen, that person would have to be as evil as Hitler, Stalin or Mao....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ahh yes food inc. another is food matters,.
or another real good one about Monsanto is seeds of death,.
get away from chemical GMO crap and live life Paleo and start to open your eyes
again.
palmyra?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Ahh yes food inc. another is food matters,.
or another real good one about Monsanto is seeds of death,.
get away from chemical GMO crap and live life Paleo and start to open your eyes
again.
Actually, that Paleo-stuff is as bad as the GMO.

We should ALL eat the same food, no deviations allowed, so the government can ensure that we all get the vitamins we need. All must have the same portions for the government to prevent a diabetes pandemic. Of course, Salt must be added to the list of illegal drugs.

People cannot be allowed to be a burden for the Government Health System.

top topics

join