It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are Our Troops? How Many Left On U.S. Soil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The U.S. has 700-1000 bases around the world. The Afganistan war is winding down, but it appears the U.S. is gearing up for war in Syria and maybe Iran. So how many troops are left in the U.S.? Why do we need foreign troops here? Are there enough troops left to defend the people from tyrany? Or is that the idea?

Lots of questions, anyone have answers?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Well I am right here....in the US...along with my Division...another Division....and a Sustainment Brigade...and I know there are many others in place....so not to worry....the US is well defended and considering we are able to strike from any where in the world within a couple of hours...don't think its an issue.

As for Tyranny...has to be some before a defense is established..this is not Egypt so the military is not going to step in because people don't agree with the President or Congress...we are still the Nation that provides more freedom than anywhere else...you can post on this board when Egyptians and many others would be unable too...instead of shouting about Tyranny...look around and appreciate what you have and then vote when you have the opportunity.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Your here, but for how long? (rhetorical question)

I worry about things we don't have anymore, or are losing daily! Don't know how old you are, but take it from an moldy oldie we have lost alot!

P.S. Stay safe! We want you all back!
edit on 18-7-2013 by Magister because: addition

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

The USA is a country which has to be at war all the time..in the history of the USA the US has been at war for 214 years and has had peace for around 21.
Makes people rich doesn't it? and kills off the poor uneducated folk.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The latest figures i could find are from 2011, it seems like most of troops are right here in america.

www.cnn.com...

from a total of about 1.5 million troops, 1.1 million of them are here in the U.S. as of 2011.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well when it comes to tyranny, American citizens have a lot more more guns than our Military and knowing many fine men in our different Military branches they would fight for the people not the government if that was something your'e worried about. The majority of our troops are actually home whether they be on leave or are not currently active. Plus just cause someone is in the Military does not mean they are a form of Infantry. There are many jobs out there where one doesn't even touch a weapon. So when in it comes to the question where are all the troops? Well some of the are home and some of them are overseas doing something most don't have the courage to do, so where ever they are they do deserve our respect.

top topics

join