It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trayvon Lie: Media, LAPD Falsely Report Rowdy Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

New Trayvon Lie: Media, LAPD Falsely Report Rowdy Protests

www.salon.com

Despite reporting to the contrary from both Los Angeles’ NBC affiliate and the Los Angeles Police Department, Trayvon Martin protesters in Hollywood on Sunday night neither “stormed” nor caused “about $15,000 worth of damage” at a local hotel.

For the most part, protests in the wake of the “not guilty” verdict for George Zimmerman in Florida, have been peaceful here in L.A., though, at times, it seems as if NBC’s local affiliate, NBC4 hoped they might not be.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to say in the wake of this trial, the media has been a buzz about possible protests & violence breaking out across the nation. They are indeed attempting to spin this situation into something much more than it needs to be as usual.

This is just another distraction from many other topics already being discussed on our site, and needs to fade away so we can focus on things that truly matter.

Me posting this doesn't really help with letting this die down, but the point is that if there are any doubts about how the media likes to control your thought process, this is hopefully a wakeup call.

Here is another link describing how the media is attempting to turn our attention away from a very real and possible threat to the world's stability.

worldtruth.tv...

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-7-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: Edited to include additional link to discussion of Russia holding "Wargames" as nation is distracted by Trayvon Martin case.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
All these reporters want the chance to cover Egypt style rioting at home. They drool over the thought of homes burning, people being beaten and raped and storm troopers cracking skulls.

If they think they can nudge it along they'll try.
edit on 17-7-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

NBC was horrible with the Zimmerman/Martin case. They made Zimmerman looks like a nazi. All racial and they denied the facts... I read somewhere Zimmerman was thinking of suing NBC for defamination. What does he really have left to save though...

Just my thoughts.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well as long the population have their America's Got Talent, McDonald's and the latest Apple Product I don't think they'll be rioting anytime soon
edit on 17-7-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The media is never honest about protest.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's almost like they want them to riot isn't it?
Best way to combat these so called journalists is not to watch them, don't buy their paper etc..they will soon get the message when advertizing revenue drys up.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Oh absolutely. I am about 45 minutes from Sanford, and was there during the verdict. People's reactions were mixed, and granted a lot were upset, nobody here became violent, let alone in Los Angeles. The media wanted to hype the protests/rioting since that's where Rodney King suffered near-fatal police brutality.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: clarity

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

But when we asked who the source was for that report, he said, “Obviously, the hotel would be the source for that.” “I know we did give a property damage estimate,” he added, “but I would go with what the hotel says.” “Will you be correcting the record on that then?,” we asked. “No, but you will,”Villanueva responded.

The arrogance! must have been one helluva let down for media and other folks licking their chops to see days of burning and drama from those uncontrollable YOU KNOW WHATs ..aaah..come on guys just burn a tire or somethin already.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
But I thought the protests were being organized by contractors working for government?

????

Guess I've got some reading to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There has undoubtedly been plenty of violence because of it (riot in oakland, beatings), but I think the media reports them in a sensationalized way hoping rowdy people will see it and join in. Media is insatiable, media wants moaar.
edit on 17-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

I think those were the ones before the trial!

I doubt the expense numbers are up for FOIA requests yet on the post-trial-propaganda-parade activities.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

I'm actually joking; I doubt the authenticity of the papers "proving" that the DOJ was involved at all. That being said, stranger things have happened. Like fish falling from the sky.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm happy to see this is noted by others. I'm so SICK of it; of the so-called 'journalists', of their money-grubbing, immoral craving for ratings, and the way they even present the stories. Time was, a real reporter interviewed people, and if they had a position on a topic, you never knew what it was. These pathetic excuses, smirk, interrupt others to give their own point of view, and it leaves me wondering why they even invite guests. I don't even like Anderson Cooper anymore, and I used to adore him.

This morning, one of the news guests said that since Trayvon Martin was killed 700 yes, that's 700 teens have been killed in Chicago. Wow. What have we heard about it? NOT A PEEP.

Why? Because it was mostly Black on Black homicides. THIS one involves RACE so it's being pumped up to create the desirable ratings and unrest in the country.

Sorry for all the caps, but this really ticks me off.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's all a smoke screen to get the public's minds off of the unconstitutional NSA spying on citizens.

So since WE KNOW now that it's a smoke screen diversion, we can return our attention to UNCONSTITUTIONAL Acts of ROUGE Gov Agencies and something has to be done about it

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All these reporters want the chance to cover Egypt style rioting at home. They drool over the thought of homes burning, people being beaten and raped and storm troopers cracking skulls.

If they think they can nudge it along they'll try.
edit on 17-7-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

That is a lie and total BS.

I am a producer for our local cable channel and no reporter that works for me wants homes burning, people being beaten and raped or cracked skulls. We would much rather be called out to cover human interest like a cat being rescued, or a drowning victim SAVED, than people being hurt; either by accident or crime.

When you said "All" you included me and my crew. BS hyperbole!!

I'm not saying the national MSM is blameless but painting all reporters with your broad brush is stupid.

You just lost all credibility and respect I once had for you!
edit on 17-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i was up and waiting. i had live feeds up, police scanner feeds up in many major cities.

nothing happened. the closest thing to a riot was a group of 40 or so people in oakland walking around saying F the police.

everything they did was directed at the police. i did not even see or hear of trayvons name not 1 time during the whole ordeal.

there was no "backlash"...unless of course you watched the MSM the following days.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's the medias job to sensationalize...nobody should be upset that people are protesting peacefully regardless of your thoughts...

They have the right to assemble and speak their piece...it's more exciting to see the peaceful protests in mass groups because it sets the foundation for other issues to be addressed as a community regardless of race or religion..

When we learn to stick together good things are bound to happen and whether we are protesting for a young kid getting killed or for some war in another county it strengthens are bonds as human beings and Americans.

This is something the democrats and republicans and media loathe...unity and compassion for each other

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed this morning the news buffoons are putting the pressure on O'Bama to make a statement about the Zimmerman case?

Is it not obvious they want him to make a statement to give them something else to sensationalize and dissect for another week? Something else to rage and scream about?

I hope he doesn't take the baiting.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Don't do it Obama!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join