It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yes, the sun was a little yellower when I was a kid. The sunsets we have been getting now are awesome though, I don't remember so many colorful sunsets back then. I suppose with the white sun you get the better sunsets.

I don't wear sunblock, I just eat enough oils and don't shower with soap every day anymore. The soaps have changed and continuous use seems to make the skin dry out. Then you burn. Rinsing with water every day and a using a very mild soap is fine. If you can find one.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You're always full of good ideas aren't you? I actually knew that about shampoo, but didn't take the next step to correlate it with the skin and soap. So thanks, I think I learn so much more from others than I can possibly bring myself.

Yeah I still see some good sunsets sometimes. What I miss though is the stars at night. No where near as many. Either from a washout from the brighter sun, or another consequence of chemtrailing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I don't see a change at all in the sun but I do see a big change with his it effects me. My kids still love and enjoy the sun hap hazzardly but as I get older it bothers me more and more. I can still remember it being warmer here in the 90s.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I really enjoyed your post and can certainly identify with nostalgia! It's a great place to be! Also, I agree with you on the sun and remember it just how you do, it's not anything like it use to be.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Sun looked the same to me 26 years ago as it is now. Yes, I did "sun staring" 26 years ago and still catch a glimpse of the sun every now and then.

I live near the equator and during clear noons, sun certainly is white with the slightest hint of yellow. It did not change in those decades...

....But if you're getting tanned more often when getting out of the sun, then it's the UV rays. It's more likely blamed to the thinning ozone layer than changes in the Sun itself.

P.S. I still see the Milky Way galaxy in its fullness. You just need to have the perfect weather, no moon, and go far away from cities and towns.
edit on 15-7-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I would like to respond to the comment about dating,
the decay rate they measure with the techniques you
pointed out would not be effected in the way your claiming,
and the use of tanning beds has increased by HUGE
amounts, so much so that they had to create laws so
people wouldn't put their children in them, think about that.

I personally know at least 5 women and men who tan
in tanning beds, these are low income folks too but
tanning in a bed is super cheap now days.... my point
is, you cant simply say something like that and claim
your correct, when reality says different, as to the sun
changing, it is possible but i haven't noticed any visible
changes from when i was a child and played outside
all the time, i got burned then and i still do if i go out
without sun block, very fair skinned.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I haven't noticed a difference for the most part.

But if there is a difference, I think all the scientists need to be on this.

The sun is claimed to be billions of years old and little changes over vast amounts of time.
If these drastic of changes have happened in just a few Earth years, this is extremely worrying and could indicate a major cataclysm coming soon.

I am more inclined towards the possibility that this is mostly bias subjective opinions however rather than actual scientific measurements of differentiation. So I won't be all too concerned unless I can get some sort of figures that can put things into a reasonable context that my brain can comprehend.

So I don't know, maybe , maybe not?
If any of it's true it's quite alarming however.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Whoa people! Do not under any circumstances stare directly into the sun. It can cause blindness and severe damage to the eye which includes cataracts.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

Originally posted by Astr0
I was born first week of 1970.

Sure some of it is skin ageing, eyes ageing, but at 26 I vividly can recall looking at the sun and going 'that's wrong colour'.

There's another thing I miss, that smell (not that it's not around, but just that I'm not located near a beach currently) of coconut oil. But I think it's more because I associate that with good-looking ladies? ha IDK

yeah! coconut oil for tanning. I moved to Pearl City Hi before my senior year of HS. Mmm being the new interesting haole, tall with blue eyes.. I LOVED IT!! maybe because i LOVE all KINE wahines.

But the mixed asian/polynesian girls would use coconut oil and get this SMOKIN HOT tan!
circa 1992

then in 2012
even they (well their kids) have to use sunscreen now or get burned bad after all day at da beach.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I haven't noticed a difference for the most part.

But if there is a difference, I think all the scientists need to be on this.

The sun is claimed to be billions of years old and little changes over vast amounts of time.
If these drastic of changes have happened in just a few Earth years, this is extremely worrying and could indicate a major cataclysm coming soon.

I am more inclined towards the possibility that this is mostly bias subjective opinions however rather than actual scientific measurements of differentiation. So I won't be all too concerned unless I can get some sort of figures that can put things into a reasonable context that my brain can comprehend.

So I don't know, maybe , maybe not?
If any of it's true it's quite alarming however.

with you all the way.

My theory is that the refraction of light between the earth and the moon. whether from solar sources or our atmospheric conditions due to pollution, or something else.?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I will confirm the memories of OP of a much milder Yellow Sun. It was the same for me too. The sun was yellow and not so dangerous to burn if you care. Now is white and dangerously stronger.

Moreover, I used to watch beautiful reddish sunsets and sometimes sunrises. Especially the sunsets with clouds, were still available to watch some years ago. Now I notice that Practically I can't see a red sunset, not even yellow. The sun sets almost white (yellowish in the latest minutes).When there are clouds, they either block the sun completely, or let the sun go thru as...white again! It doesn't become red, not even thru the clouds, as on all those beautiful photoshopped wallpapers that you can download.

Will we all burn soon? Hope not. Hope something will happen meanwhile to save us somehow by a star that becomes increasingly violent. Everyone can check how often the activity of the sun changes and how unpredictable it is.
www.solarham.net...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't rule out the atmosphere plays a role too. Is it so thin already? But that doesn't diminish the fact the sun increased and changed its activity in the recent years (or more). Why? And more importantly, what can we do about it? Where to hide? The sunglasses are not a solution in 2 y term if we have the same rate of increase or an exponential one.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i thought it was just me and a golden recollection of my child hood. but i remember more of a warm tone to the sun too. i was born in the 70's and played out side from dawn to dusk swam all day every day in summer and rarely got a sun burn. now i easily get burned and seem to get tan very quickly.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'll parrot many of the comments and agree the sun does indeed seem much more intense. And it has an ominous "radiation" feel to the heat. That's not really a moronic statement-- I mean like unnatural in some way. And the actual appearance of the sun as well, seems much brighter, harder to even glance your eyes by- usually by accident. It seems to actually "hurt" in a way. Doesn't seem right.

Even though for myself, it seems to be a relatively new phenomenon, just over the last couple of years. At first I thought it was due to my advanced age, although it seemed to have manifested in such a short time. However, I don't feel as though I'm aging that quickly, and I'm not 'loosing it' in any meaningful way.

But with more and more people taking notice and commenting about it, I do believe it's an actual phenomenon, not the imagination as some here have suggested. Or 'The Sun' as usual.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

thats weird cause as i was reading into this thread thinking about it. 96-98 is when i remember the change in the way the sun felt. coincidentally 96 is when the first test of the then called doomsday device which we now know as H.A.R.P. were conducted. the threat at the time was ripping a hole in the ionosphere letting in more cosmic and solar radiation in to the lower atmosphere. it was on a show that was on the discovery channel about future catastrophe's.after that i started paying attention to the weather and atmospheric changes it cant all be a coincidence that's all im saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I was born in 85 and I too remember peering into the deep blue sky, and yes, a more yellow-tinged sun.
My last clear memory of this was around 93.
I live on the East Coast of South Africa, 40km from the city, in an ever growing suburbia, so smog is around us and growing (nothing like USA's big cities though). Point being, even when I go inland to remote locations the sky has that 'greyness' you mentioned - bluer than my hometown, but not that rich hue I recall...
It's possible that growing up has something to do with this - degenerative human body and all

But there must be something else... I can dig the idea of the atmosphere changing, it would seem more logical than the sun changing so vastly in our lifetime. I just hope that we can cure the Earth of the ills we subject it too - I truly believe that these past eras (errors) are a learning curve to current and future generations.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

yes the good old days of atari but you forgot to add

the old taste of kia ora orange oh how i miss that taste

its not been the same for some years now maybe 20 years or more

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've always looked at the sun ever since I was younger. I remember to start doing it around 5 yrs old after we had a ecclipse it just fascinated me ever since. I definitely notice that it's brighter and whiter. Before I could look at the sun for at least 10 seconds without my eyes tearing up and not being able to do it anymore. Now in a fraction of the second it does the same thing and is definitely more white. I even got a sunburn on my eye a couple weeks ago and that has never happened to me before!

Can the light be intensified as it's coming through our chem-trailed sky? It seems like it would be opposite but i'm not sure about it. Never got a sunburn until 1993 when I got burned/blistered terribly for the first time at 10 yrs old.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

I was just thinking along the same lines when I seen this! Sounds like a coincidence to me! Maybe a hole or maybe they have been playing with the ionosphere too much and it's thinned out and letting more heat in.

Stupid asses.... "Let's shoot billions of watts into our ionosphere and see what happens" is probably exactly what did it!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnclePhil
Whoa people! Do not under any circumstances stare directly into the sun. It can cause blindness and severe damage to the eye which includes cataracts.

i Dn'ot tihnGk srating teh sUn dmaage tHe eeys!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join