It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Firefighter In Parking Lot After Mistaking Wallet For Gun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Looks like he coudnt take it anymore , his wife called the cops , now the cops approaching the car could be the last drop of water that overflowed the bucked.

We don't know that he could have been fine and was just going about his normal day but he wife wanted to get even for something and made a bogus call. the cops shoot him and the wife gets his life insurance.

She might also get a big payout from a lawsuit

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If I shot someone because I thought they had a gun in their hand, and it turned out a wallet, how likely is it I would be charged for it? Who should be held to a higher standard, a trained cop, or me? Who would be held to a higher standard, a trained cop or me?
edit on Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:44:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Who would be held to a higher standard, a trained cop or me?

In today's world, you. Pretty bad isn't it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

What city? County? State? Country?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Did you even watch the video? It wasn't like he was sitting there opening up his wallet.

You're ignoring the main facts of what caused the police to open fire...

The guy told his wife "he couldn't take it anymore." she contacted the authorities because she was concern he would take his own life. The officers approached the car saying numerous times... "let's see your hands." The guy was leaning back in his seat leans forward and makes the "sign of the cross." (That alone is a sure sign he was planning on dying). He than flings open the driver's door. He than goes into a "combat position" with a "black object in his hand" pointing it at the officers.

Those actions clearly shows this guy wanted to end his life by having the cops think he had a gun. He "pretended" he had a gun purposely so the police would start firing at him and end his miserable life. What would you do if you were the police?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Unusually suspicious wallet no doubt. Give the officers a little room to open fire in a tense situation. Better yet, plan ahead and make sure they don't come off looking like murderous thugs. My wallet has an embroidered handgun on it, just so if I did the same thing the police would have a better excuse.

edit on 13-7-2013 by boc4boc because: added comment

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Did you even watch the video? It wasn't like he was sitting there opening up his wallet.

You're ignoring the main facts of what caused the police to open fire...

The guy told his wife "he couldn't take it anymore." she contacted the authorities because she was concern he would take his own life. The officers approached the car saying numerous times... "let's see your hands." The guy was leaning back in his seat leans forward and makes the "sign of the cross." (That alone is a sure sign he was planning on dying). He than flings open the driver's door. He than goes into a "combat position" with a "black object in his hand" pointing it at the officers.

Those actions clearly shows this guy wanted to end his life by having the cops think he had a gun. He "pretended" he had a gun purposely so the police would start firing at him and end his miserable life. What would you do if you were the police?

Exactly it was suicide by cop not a failure on the cops part. Sickens me half the people in this thread jump on the bandwagon so fast instead of looking at the info themselves. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That is a tough call, i honestly doubt this one is the fault of
police, it does seem more like a suicide by cop deal, and
sometimes you cant save people from themselves.

Though i wouldn't mind at all if police would show a bit more
patience and restraint when dealing with possible mental illness
or in a case like this, expect that this man might have been
in a mental state where he would try this, but that is easy to
say in hindsight, sometimes situations do not allow for that,
if there are civilians in his possible line of fire then they may
not have been able to wait.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Exactly. Everyone can say in hindsight that the police shouldn't have fired on this guy. Police only had a split second to react. People fail to realize, these officers have family too. I'm sure this officer is devastated knowing now this guy was unarmed. It was a self-centered act the way this guy orchestrated his suicide. He cared nothing about the officer who would have fired the fatal shot nor the guilt he would have to live with the rest of his life.

It's sad when someone commits suicide, but it's a despicable and selfish when they use someone else to do it, or when they take as many innocent lives with them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Did I watch a video of a police spokesman telling the cops version of events? Yes. Is that supposed to be the end all be all? Again, as I've stated, I have no idea what really went down. I would hope that when it comes to a despondent individual that the police would do everything in their power to bring the event to a conclusion that didn't end with a death. Seems like they were ready to shoot to kill. The guy didn't get a round off from his wallet. Broad daylight and a cop has no scope or ability to determine if a square black object is a gun? Why not? What about a robot with a camera? It would seem to me everything that could be done should be done when life is in the balance. Why not?

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join