It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils of extinct scorpionflies found in B.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Under pre flood conditions the earth was 25% smaller. The earth's EMF was different. Corrected fish grow twice as fast in half the time. You had 47 foot gators, 9 foot sloths, 3 foot rabbits. Insects grew huge. This one was likely not an adult. The atmosphere was 2.18 to ours, CO .25 Oxygen 25% not 21%. An Ice or gas canopy protected the earth from damaging short wave radiation but let long waves threw. You can put a rattle snake in a chamber with these corrected conditions and in three weeks. The bite from it is 100% non toxic. So is likely the case with this critter. In fact if you were in it and bit. The chance of even an infection is very low. At about 60 years old a good wound takes about 10 days to fully heal. That under these conditions takes only hours. They should be in every post op and burn unit. Our DNA is damaged but if your were born, lived in such and ate the high mineral food, etc.. You could live up to 900 years old.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Omg... The insect kingdom just gets weirder and weirder

I am no fan of bugs, they are so creepy and strange to me. Like small aliens flying around the planet. Even microorganisms are so creepy when seen under a microsccope! This is a bugs life alright..

I dont even think this guy is cool - hes creepy, and that stinger is so random!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That's one ugly creature. Makes a wasp look like a cuddly teddy bear lol! Cool find though, I love seeing new creatures!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Scorpionflies or scorpionlocusts?

Revelation 9:3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.
Revelation 9:5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

I would like to know the dimensions of this critter too. I saw a few of those in the desert of west texas years go. The bugs out there, wasp especially, were 5X larger than the ones im my home state. The scorpion fly thingy i saw were not very big thankfully. Several of them actually landed on me and my co workers. But i like bugs. Good find!👍

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have been really busy this weekend so sorry for not posting before now. I have found this about the scorpionfly's size. Although unsure if this applies to all species and varieties.

The scorpionflies and hangingflies range from small to medium in size (species vary from 3-30mm long)

I will keep digging for more information on them.

They do NOT sting apparently, As stated before, the stinger on its rear isn't a stinger, its his genital. They will however pretend to sting you though! I know I would drop it if it tried to sting me!!

It's amazing Male scorpionflies have a bulbous and dangerous-looking sting at the end of their very mobile tail (actually the genitalia); if picked-up the scorpionfly will pretend to sting you or a potential predator - very off-putting!

From here

This link also mentions a different version on currently living species...

Number of species
- In Britain 4 species (3 scorpionflies and 1 Snow flea).
- Worldwide 500 known species.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I was searching for other information on the dragonflies and look what I found !

Source

July 11, 2013 — Researchers from the University of Alaska Fairbanks (Derek Sikes and Jill Stockbridge) discovered a strange new insect on Prince of Wales Island, Alaska. It belongs to an enigmatic group that might help scientists understand the evolutionary origin of the Fleas. The new species belongs to the insect order Mecoptera which includes the scorpionflies, hangingflies, and snow scorpionflies.

These tiny (2 mm) flea-like animals feed on a leafy liverwort that grows in coastal forests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join