It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you chose to become a cyborg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is more of a survey I would like to ask every member on ATS. I was thinking what if any person had the choice to transform themselves into a cyborg. Would you do it or chose to live life as a normal human? Wikipedia gives a great definition on the word cyborg.

A cyborg, short for "cybernetic organism", is a being with both organic and cybernetic parts.

Source

Personally I would do it and see how different my life would be. I hope it would be better and I could avoid anything that is dangerous for regular humans. Like I can transform myself into a godlike being who is unstoppable. I wouldn't doubt there would be a lot of pros and cons. But this is just a quick survey for fun and I would like to see other members opinions.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would. But I want to be Dethklok's chef. Or at least the kind he is.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No. Definitely not. And I would strongly suggest others not to..

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Spend the rest of eternity playing wow with my missus, whats not to like ?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
At my age? Yep!!

I like reading scifi (the good stuff) and some of what I read appeals to me.
Imagine the internet being linked into your eye?
Night vision.
Zooming eyes.
Self repair programs.

Where do I sign?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Nah, I'm happy just being me! I'm actually enjoying the experience of getting older and the changes it brings. Besides I'm pretty sure that eventually people just get tired of living and are ready to move on to the next great adventure. My great grandfather lived to be a day short of 101 years old and had just had a complete physical the day before he died. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him whatsoever, but he had told my great grandmother not long before that he had seen and done all that he ever hoped for and was ready to "go home". He passed away while taking a nap in his favorite chair, and the doctors said it seemed he was just tired of living.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Totally!
This entire galaxy would be my oyster!
I just need the teleportation upgrade package.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Imagine a world where you had to pay a lifetime tax to Microsoft or Apple so you can have access to iHeart or MS Huge Memory, that the police would have a back-door to turn you off remotely etc...

Have you seen Repo Men ? I would welcome non-intrusive and fully open cyber extensions especially from nanotech but would definitely prefer wet ware and genetic enhancements but I do not think we are socially ready for any of those techs...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

@Would you chose to become a cyborg?

Not really but if deep space/dimension exploration required 1 to be in use of an AVATAR type body to fit said dimension, deep space location then 1 can see the use then in environment suit AVATAR fit per exploration zone location...

edit on 7/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. A lot of great replies. The reason I chose to become a cyborg is because I would think it would the best choice for me. What I mean is that I can avoid any danger to common man and live life for the better. Growing up I have seen the ugliness of humanity. People who destroyed their lives with drugs and alcohol, how the environment is rapidly changing for the worse, wars, chaos, etc. It feels like being a human you cannot rise above the insane the masses.

With the advancement of technology I feel we can overcome any issue to humanity and really change the world for a better.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I want to say I would gladly do it.

Though there are many ways humanity could bastardize the technology, I'm not quite sure.

Super soldiers and all that wouldn't e so cool. Turning the technology into another tool of war seems like the only way any scientific research would be accomplished as funding for humanitarian purposes is always second place in line after weaponizing any new technology like this.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Only if there were cybernetics that could give me Jedi/Sith powers. I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that I've always loved darth vader.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I wouldnt cause oh good you cant pay your taxes well maybe we will disable your (schwing) until you pay up or who needs jails this guy was running mach 4 in a mach 2 running zone good sentance 6 months disabled legs. if a tech singularity happened I would be one to fight against the machines although I do find it more likely then not that man will merge with machines in the future not so far from now as a natural process of tech development, it will probably start with prostethics

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would choose not to ever that go that route save for some artificial or cloned life saving parts, but not ones that would ensure you live for ages in this hellish world. We are meant to get in and out quickly and take as many with us as we can, (I'm not talking about murder, but growing up and graduating to eutopias and good places where we can be happy and also learn to be better healers, counselors, artists, teachers and creators ourselves, to help others and ourselves and be very hapy).

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I reckon if I was in the situation where I was basically going to die, and the only thing that could prevent my untimely removal from the mortal realm was a package of cybernetic augmentations, then sure, why the heck not. Deus Ex me.

But as an affectation? Something to be worn like an iPhone on ones hip? No I do not think so.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If it was like Ghost in the shell, hell yeah. If it was something like the borg, no way.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My own mind in an interchangeable Cyborg body which enabled me to run faster, be stronger, to be able to travel underwater? to fly? to go to the stars? Hell yes just like Stephen Hawkins cyborg body...

Iam so close to writing a story about this subject and I will put it on ATS for free when I figure out the ending (been two months and many rewrites :flame

new topics

top topics

join