It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jews or other Semites jump-start ancient Greek civilization?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
Again, you did not address my question. Let me put it this way, who was the author of Iliad and Odyssey? What language were they written down in? Whose power, and whose motivation, was the 'motor' driving the Greeks' cultural metamorphosis?

The Iliad and the Odyssey may not have had a single author, you know. There may have been some bard that told those two stories originally, and his name may have been Homer. But stories change with the telling, especially over hundreds of years and when they're not in written form.

The oldest fragments we have ever found that contain elements of either of these two tales date to the third centruy BC.

Scholars have noted many similarities between both stories and the mythologies of earlier cultures, primarily Babylonian/Sumerian.

Maybe the stories originated there.

The Greek religion was superficially (at least) similar to that of the older Mesopotamian cultures.

Regarding the Greek cultural metamorphosis you mention, the so-called "Dorian Invasion" supposedly resulted in the flowering of Greek culture (eventually.)

The fact that there's precious little evidence for any invasion makes this rather hard to accept. However, there is decent evidence of a large migrational influx from the Doric Greeks in the form of a liguistic shift, among other things.

It's somewhat of an open question.

Read more here at Wiki.

Harte

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Regarding the Greek cultural metamorphosis you mention, the so-called "Dorian Invasion" supposedly resulted in the flowering of Greek culture (eventually.)
As you indicated, there are problems with the Dorian invasion theory, just as there are problems with all theories. Historians may fast be out of a job, and out of a life, if they recorded history as it really occured. Even today's academics are naturally biased.

If you are a researcher who is vested in one particular theory because you have supported it in academic circles, I would not condemn this. But I would need to recognize that I could never convince you of other possibilities. If you are not vested, I would still like to hear your take, not what we "know", but what is your most likely reason. Notice that we NEVER know a reason or motivation. (Many times you don't even know why your spouse did something out of the ordinary). But there always IS a motivation. And always, the person must have been capable to do the action.

Olympic games just occured out of seemingly nowhere. Whoever we call Homer appeared out of nowhere. They propell the Greek Dark Ages into a civilization that surpassed any other in the world intellectually for 2000+ years. That does not happen. Nobody can do it, and nobody would have had the motivation to do a dangerous and thank-less job like effecting radical cultural change.

Who had the power and the motivation for the seemingly impossible in your opinion?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Historians may fast be out of a job, and out of a life, if they recorded history as it really occured. Even today's academics are naturally biased.

So are you saying there is world wide monolithic organization that has a script of what history is and no one can go off that script or they get 'taken out'? Really?

So tell us briefly if you would please what, 'history as it really occured' and how you know this to be the case.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

So are you saying there is world wide monolithic organization that has a script of what history is and no one can go off that script or they get 'taken out'? Really?

So tell us briefly if you would please what, 'history as it really occured' and how you know this to be the case.

Thanks

My pleasure, I don't know where you believe I mentioned a "world wide monolithic organization", but what do you think happened to a historian under Hitler, Stalin or Mao who recorded what actually was going on?

Is it really that difficult to understand?

Briefly, 'history as it really occured' is always done by one person at a time responsible for his/her actions (one tyrant, one General, one banker one industrialist, etc) who has the ability to do it, and the motivation because he expects some kind of personal reward or benefit. Even a soldier or a farmer expects a reward for his efforts. Do you work for free?

Do you believe history is a series of miracles that happen out of thin air?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
oh boy, what a blasphemy topic... Jews are a mixture of many dna races, mostly moggols. They live to hate anything has to do with us.

The new testament is not original. They destroyed all the original books and they re-written them in the 2nd and 3rd century, by anonymous writers

Jews manipulated most of events and books, also they stole words from Hellenic vocabulary and changed the meaning, to something bad and dark.

For example the word " demon " is from DAIMONAS D'AI MONAS (greater than the wise) knowledge. And now, today you call their abominations as demons and you spit when you listen the word " demon "... you live in the dark.

And you wanna know something very interesting? 14 y ago, they stole all bones from our ancient philosophers and they transfered them in the USA, who knows what they try to do...

1) Use the DNA code
2) barry them in another country and try to say that the origin of our philosophers comes from somewhere else.

either ways, our goverment silenced this scandal. But our government is mostly by jews...

Israel is not jewish, is controlled by them. Jewish live in all other countries, except israel. They are not stupid to live in Israel. Today only the 3-4% of total population in Israel is original jewish. Israel is going to be sacrificed at the end, thats what we believe here. People think that the bad israelis is all behind everything... wrong... Either ways, jews are not considered as the major threat, the true jews lie, hate, use others for their crimes... the true threat comes from china.

There is so many examples to bring you up with references... PLATO refered to them with a very bad way, also prophetic, because jews made some emporim in ancient Hellas and in our modern "mythology" they promoted the fake gods and reptiles as the 12 gods of olympus... lol Athena originally left planet earth 25000 y ago... but you can meet her in our modern mythology by jewish, as a reptile.. Thats why jews love Athena..lol (the modern athena is a jewish abomination)

Jesus studied ancient hellenic and all ancient mythology and history before he begins his task... But its totally gray, as all books from jesus age are destroyed. I will bring up a recent event, when they found some ancient cards with jesus teachings on them and jewish stole them!!! Since then they vanished, nobody knows. www.jpost.com...

Israel posted some pictures from these books, but the pictures, are greek, is from Great Alexander.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Are you working for the Israeli government and or a subsidy thereof to wit the U.S. Government? Theres a lot of Israeli propaganda on ATS of late making some pretty outrageous claims. So does this mean if your hypothesis is correct that the Israeli's now have a claim in Greece? Are they now going to steal the Greeks land as well? AND don't even go there with the anti-semite accusation, it's getting really, really old and totally played out.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No doubt the Greeks were polytheistic. Greek civilization began with the Gods of Olympus. These were Greek Gods. Judaism is a religion not an ethnic group, a religion. Following the logic of Judaism as an ethnic group, all of the one billion Roman Catholics around the world are Italian and should be carrying Vatican passports.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

No its not, GODS in ancient hellenic means " those who travel fast, those who run fast and conquer the universes" gods means aliens, we are all aliens. We are all GODS, but we are not GOD... In english is very complex... sorry (we are created to be able run fast, expand and create life, we are gods)...God is everywhere and he can travel without any means of technology.

Jewish used the word god as an antity that rulles them all, as the ultimate creator of universes, etc.

The only god we have in ancient Hellas is Zeus.

The word god is spelled in 2 different meanings in my country, but english does not allow that... There is one god Zeus and gods are his forces.. The one (GOD) can travel fast without technology and he can be anywhere at the same time... The GODS use technology to run fast.

So we have ZEUS as our only GOD and we have gods to help us in our battles...

Plato explained what GOD means, but I am not sure if you have that book translated..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

I do believe the Ancient Alien theory is correct. God/ Demons, angels...or Aliens? Its all a matter of perspective and interpetation of superior technology. Thank you for you comment.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I will write again what I ve wrote in other topics in the past..

Nephilims = ancient Hellenic word
Elochims are from the ancient word = Ellogos that means (the whole)

Nephilim = Nepheles (ΝΕΦΕΛΕΣ) = Νεφέλη (nepheli) is the ancient spaceships. The myth of Kronos is the Nephilim for the jewish. Nefeli means smoke or cloud... We called them like this, because they have the ability to cloak and vanish into clouds.

Kronos belonged to Zeus forces originally, but he rebelled and he allowed dragonians to invade earth. (Kronos is Saturn in english and latin). Kronos used the good forces technology, NEFELI and jewish said Niphilims are the fallen AND thats a huge lie and manipulation. Kronos forces are the fallen, not the ancient spaceships!!!

Hsiodos Philosopher presents most of reality, even if they destroyed most of his books.

but jewish praise Saturn as god... You see the paradox in the whole thing? They present you Zeus forces and spaceships as bad and the traitor as god... lol

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ploutonas

I will write again what I ve wrote in other topics in the past..

Nephilims = ancient hellenic word

Nephilim = Nepheles (ΝΕΦΕΛΕΣ) = Νεφελη (nepheli) is the ancient spaceships. The myth of Kronos is the Nephilim for the jewish.

Kronos belonged to Zeus forces originally, but he rebelled and he allowed dragonians to invade earth. (Kronos is Saturn in english and latin). Kronos used the good forces technology, NEFELI and jewish said Niphilims are the fallen AND thats a huge lie and manipulation. Kronos forces are the fallens, not the ancient spaceships!!!

Hsiodos Philosopher presents most of reallity, even if they destroyed most of his books.

but jewish praise Saturn as god... You see the paradox in the whole thing? They present you Zeus forces and spaceships as bad and the traitor as god... lol

Very interesting. I've been toying with a similar idea, perhaps ancient semetic peoples and the Romans were allied or from one group of Aliens and Celtic/ Germanic allied to a competing group?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The rebels and the dragonians, picked up roles and surely they promote their agendas. I didnt bothered with their alliances and their agendas. Because I dont care about them.

The adam and EVA myth from old testament, is not a story of creation, is a promise of destruction of human race.

ADAM = Anatolh (east), Dysi (west), Arktos and Mesimbria (north south). A-D-A-M. Eva is the moon that comes from L E V A N the original name. The snake (Dragonians) and the apple (the corruption). Eden is the earth in general. So its more lie " corruption in the 4 corners of planet earth, till the death of all humans" . This reference comes from Sebiles, the mistresses of Apollonas.

We know that the solar system is shielded, there is not exit for them and the first references come from Perseus, after he killed Medussa, sthenos and evriali escaped and in their way down to hades, they created the sirens.

Sirens are mythical creatures to glamour Odysseas, never find his way home and have time, to research and find a way out from Hades. Sirens are 8... Their names : beautiful mind, convincing mind, white essence, glorious looks, attractive looks, melodic voice and 2 more... Each siren represents 1 faction of this system..

religions, media, drugs, politics, modeling (to be pretty, stereotypes) etc, etc, etc... Its the matrix that many people speak to u.

Odysseas in ancient hellenic means = the ones custed out from the gods... A different translation is " the ones enslaved and kept away from the gods" . So sirens keeps hummanity glamoured, also research a way out for the reptiles and sirens are areptilan creation!... Its so crystal clear.

Now they failed to escape, its to late for them and lots of things are going to happen. But we have to protect our selfs and survive from all these.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join