It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale of 1 to 10. How much do you fear terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A big ole 1. it is the most idiotic thing to be in fear of in the U.S. I am more afraid of slipping and falling in the tub, bee stings, big pharma, our own government, Sasquatch attack, spontaneous combustion, my shadow, sharks with laser beams, chupacabra, and the Nazi moon base.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
1-10, how much do I fear terrorism?

From actual terrorists 1
From our Governments 5

I actually don't fear it at all as I don't really go out to large crowds or anywhere else that I might be in that situation, I also live out in the country.

But I have no doubt our governments would kill countless people to extend their reach for power or to maintain it.
Whatever it takes right.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This poll is kind of useless. In the west, people would obviously fear terrorism a lot less because they don't live with it every single day. Now ask someone from Syria how much they fear terrorists and I'm sure you'd get a very different result. Somewhat ironic, that.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Define 'Terrorism'.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
0 the only terrorists are in washington d.c and whitehall ...

as to dying everyone dies .. thats life

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Totally unrelated but I love your avatar. Had no idea SP released a new album until I saw it. Long time puppy fan here, so thanks!

Back on topic: I fear western governments and their determination to destroy civil liberties more than I fear a potential terrorist attack. That would not change if a major terror attack were to occur in my own back yard, either.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was 13 or 14 when the 9/11 attacks took place. All I knew is that some stupid guy had crashed their plane into a building in new york. ( I live right across from the city ) I get home and their was no cable so I just went out on my daily bike ride since I rode/ride BMX. My mom was yelling at me to not go out its dangerous!!!! But I left anyways lol I didn't understand why everyone was so scared...

My level of fear is probably 2 or 1. Not for myself but for the people around me, my family and friends.

I'm really hoping on these alien attacks though, blue beam project, Nibiru, false messiah, global collapse and what not so I can finally stop working. I think they'll be good excuses

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Even when it happened here I'd have said a '1'. Even though my parents were flying out the same day as the airport attack here I wasn't worried. I think what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't worry me. I suspect like most of my countrymen, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

If you are always prepared to fight back, you've nothing to worry about.
edit on 9/7/13 by Ramcheck because: added a wee bit.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I've never liked crowds, so I don't attend public celebrations anyway. But, if I had been attending public celebrations, I wouldn't anymore because of possible terrorist attacks. I don't consider it a fear of terrorism, but staying away from public events just seems to make sense, like locking your doors at night.

I guess other questions would be:

Do you steer clear of public events because of terrorism?

If you were walking and saw a group of burqa-cloaked Muslims coming your way, would you cross the street to avoid them?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I always give them a wolf whistle and a wink....not kidding they all laughed last time I did it

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Not a fan of crowds either and my loathing of such things actually extends to shopping malls. Most terrifying thing on earth would be denizens within a shopping mall. Scary business. Not kidding.
We had a guy beating the crap out of an ATM with a pried up board at the one closest to me. Yeah, shopping malls > public celebrations > foreign terrorists.

As far as a woman in a burka, sat on the light rail with a woman in a burkha and her young son, who was really freaking cute. Spent a good portion of the trip bouncing between smiling at the little boy/talking to his mother and staring/glaring at the woman in the seat opposite, who was staring/glaring at the woman in the burkha. I find guys who have studded their heads more than Pinhead to be scarier than a cluster of women in burkhas. That and the random homeless dude who smells like he soiled his pants and is talking explosively to no one in particular. Burkhas and turbans? Nah.

Pinhead replicant example: timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com...

Way scarier.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I find guys who have studded their heads more than Pinhead to be scarier than a cluster of women in burkhas. That and the random homeless dude who smells like he soiled his pants and is talking explosively to no one in particular. Burkhas and turbans? Nah.

Can't argue with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Id say 1

I do not fear a terrorist attack whatsoever. I also don't fear getting hit in the head with a meteor, or falling in random a sinkhole.

There are many things that could kill any of us at any moment, i choose to focus on the ones that are somewhat likely to happen instead of things that are very unlikely to happen.

DC

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I was naturally a 1, then I noticed that some of my neighbors kept there curtains closed!

I became a 3!

Then I noticed that one of my other neighbors "FRIENDS" started asking me what I thought about politics... Instant 7!

Then as if it was not bad enough! The butcher asked if I would like my bacon smoked! Yeah, like I am going to be one of his smoked pigs eh?

Currently at a 20 as we speak and the fridge is starting to creak, those damn terror pigs are so daft to put a device in my fridge. Gonna call Argos customer service tomorrow and sort them all out!

Tried to clap the wife on the head a few days ago just to be nice and stuff but she gives me all this "It is my time of the month" sort of speak the evil terror that she is! You need to make the scale higher after this one, shes hemorrhaging and I cant get it to stop, I think its a biological attack as she is so aggressive right now! She keeps stopping for a few weeks and then it starts all over again for god sake!!!

Really opened my eyes, they think we are so stupid with their attacks in so many forms but I am onto all of them I tell you!

edit on 9-7-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'd say a fairly steady 3 or so. My proximity to the Federal Medical Center for the Bureau of Prisons makes it a concern that is there on a very low background level, but there nonetheless. After all, they've played host to at least one of the prisoners in the US system which has had an attack made as a statement to try and have released. It does tend to stick as a reminder. lol...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I will go with a 1 too. I drive almost everyday to get to work and I am more likely to be in a car accident then get attacked by a terrorist. And another reason is the fact that I don't take life for granted I appreciate with what I have and I don't fear death.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I fear corporations like Monsanto and Big Pharma. I fear the bankers and corrupt politicians. I Fear the NSA and and bills like Sopa. I fear Mother nature. I do not fear terrorists.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I fear corporations like Monsanto and Big Pharma. I fear the bankers and corrupt politicians. I Fear the NSA and and bills like Sopa. I fear Mother nature. I do not fear terrorists.

When it comes to storms calstorm I put it at a 5 maybe lower over the years I got more use to dealing with bad weather. I just won't deal with tornadoes. D:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The "honorable" Mayor Bloomberg, asked me to remind all of you that if we don't live in constant fear of the terrorists they have won. So please change your answers to 10 or higher. Also, Rudy Giuliani, asked me to repeat his catch phrase to remind you of his relevance, so, without further adieu "September Eleventh". Thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What happens if I look forward to stuff like what Snowden did, which could be considered terrorism? Can I go in the negatives? Like -8 maybe?

I am very annoyed right now with American corporate, intelligence and government establishments. For example, if someone hacked into the N.S.A. database, found out which corporate leaders were corrupt and wiped out their bank accounts and used it for something positive I would not feel bad one bit.

In Iceland, that is what they did. If we had arrested all of the corrupt bankers and wiped their bank accounts, did you know we could have paid off the national debt?

I'm just being honest, sorry guys. I technically should not be expressing my opinion openly online because it could get me arrested or something.

There we go - be honest, I worry about government totalitarianism every day but haven't even thought about worrying about terrorism more than once or twice. Now you have me worried though.:/ Dang it!

I don't like violence much.

All this fear gets to my anxiety.
edit on 9-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join