It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hastings: ‘I Wish I’d Had A Few Thousand More Words’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What sounds eerily like Michael Hastings commenting on his own disappearance is actually from a previously unpublished interview that was aired for the first time on Sunday afternoon by CNN’s Reliable Sources.

“I wish I’d had a few thousand more words, because then I would have really unloaded what I knew,” Hastings said of any potential regrets over the Rolling Stone article that ended up costing McChrystal his job, adding that he had no idea the furor his piece would cause. “I figured that it would be talked about on cable news for a couple hours. I think I brought a suit with me back to Afghanistan just in case there was any TV interest.” “These personal relationships can have huge impact on major policy decisions,” he said. “Because of this tension, for months the Afghan policy was in total disarray…I did not realize the depth of the animosity, and how much anger there was at the White House, at him, for pushing the policy to escalate in Afghanistan in 2009. That’s where the anger came from: the White House did not want to escalate in Afghanistan. General McChrystal, they felt, boxed them in to that position.”
link

new topics

join