It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old Boy Explains Egypt's Political Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If this is already posted Im sorry. I searched and nothing came up. This kid is pretty bright. Good video.
I don't think he is just repeating things he has heard.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The wee Man has the vocabulary of an adult. I think he should get out more, climb some trees, leave the internet/News networks alone and worry less about his nations place in the world.

Clever little person all the same!

edit on 7-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

sounds like he is into Civics

he along with everyone else knows that the Muslim Brotherhood president Morsi along with the coalition with the Salafist radicals were Washington DC puppets

and pretty much any other aspiring person or group will likely be AQ or Jihadists...unless a level headed military general takes the reins... not so bad for a 1 year trasitional government so the coming candidates can be properly vetted as to being truly freedom loving Democratic minded, focused people (like America's founding fathers were)

... thats what the Egyptian masses are searching for.... not another despot in sheeps clothing

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If the translation is accurate, that is one brilliant child. He can move here to the US... we need more people like him

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
If the translation is accurate, that is one brilliant child. He can move here to the US... we need more people like him

If the translation IS correct...........we want him in the UK !
I don't know many grown-ups this clever !

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Honestly, this kid is a diamond in the rough. What a brilliant young mind.

Think of all the great minds who never got a chance to realize their potential, and make a positive contribution in this harsh unforgiving world, simply because they were victims of oppressive societies.

It's time for all the self-serving power-brokers who control oppressive economic, political, and religious ideologies to step aside, and allow free thinkers like this individual to emerge from the shadows of society.

edit on 7-7-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's the earlier thread you missed in your search:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not much attention either = seems people just aren't impressed by this kids smarts compared to western kids.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
The wee Man has the vocabulary of an adult. I think he should get out more, climb some trees, leave the internet/News networks alone and worry less about his nations place in the world.

Clever little person all the same!

That sounds reasonable. He has plenty of time to learn all that stuff later. Tree climbing in Egypt sounds like it could be a very important skill to learn. Is that an Olympic sport?

If we would invest a little time and effort in American children, as someone has obviously done with this young man, the future of our country and the world wouldn't look so bleak. I am amazed your thoughts made it all the way to a post on a site who's motto is "Deny Ignorance". We are definitely in trouble!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

My point is you only get one childhood. 12 years old seem rather young to be worrying about politics in my opinion. Does that sound reasonable?

Not taking anything away from the little dude!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

Originally posted by MrWendal

If the translation IS correct...........we want him in the UK !
I don't know many grown-ups this clever !

No. You can't have him in the UK.
Mr Wendal has "Dibs"

"Dibs" is legally and morally binding in international law and ethics

,,,sorry

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

My point is you only get one childhood. 12 years old seem rather young to be worrying about politics in my opinion. Does that sound reasonable?

Not taking anything away from the little dude!

In times like these, sometimes a little sacrifice is necessary. Many children sacrifice their childhood for the betterment of the world. As long as he is not being forced, I say let him follow the path he feels is best for him. Some of our greatest minds forfeited their childhood to follow their dreams. If he is this knowledgeable at 12 years old, I would say it's reasonable for him to make his own decisions. IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

"In times like these, sometimes a little sacrifice is necessary. Many children sacrifice their childhood for the betterment of the world."

No kid should ever have to sacrifice their childhood, willingly or otherwise on behalf of this world or any other for that matter.

"As long as he is not being forced, I say let him follow the path he feels is best for him."

I suppose we all need to walk our own path in this reality but how does a 12 year old know what's best, intelligent or other wise?

"Some of our greatest minds forfeited their childhood to follow their dreams. If he is this knowledgeable at 12 years old, I would say it's reasonable for him to make his own decisions. IMO."

Some of our greatest minds realized there dreams and achievements because of there ability to look at things from a child like perspective. You are a child for a short time, not a long time and the world makes you grow up fast enough these days!

I say run with it as far as you can.

And if the wee dude is intelligent as he seems i'm sure he will grow to avoid politics and religion like the plague!

edit on 8-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I'm guessing his environment and the local "political climate" preclude much 'fun time' climbing trees, etc.
He's not living in the same world I did when I was 12 - there was no internet, only 3 channels on TV, 1 FM 'rock' station. We spent LOTS of time outdoors.....

but, that wasn't in 2013 Egypt. This kid was born in the year of the WTC attack (whoever was responsible for it) - his Entire Life has been influenced by that, I'm sure.

But, I get what you mean, andy.
Still, yeah, he can come live here - we NEED people like him EVERYWHERE!! YAY!!!!!

Go, kid, GO!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

"Still, yeah, he can come live here - we NEED people like him EVERYWHERE!! YAY!!!!!"

Yes i suppose i agree, I just hope he is also having fun!

Even more so I hope he is safe and indoors given the current political tensions regarding his nation.
edit on 8-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It is tough to be a kid in a nation where you don't know what tomorrow will bring. I can only imagine that there is a sense of limbo and fear in this area. Makes me feel like there is a bit of hope in youth still though. Most of the children in the US make me want to bang my head against the wall listening to them talk.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Are you smarter than a Egyptian 5th grader?

Only if you know your constitution as well as he do...

join