It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{EWC} On Dreams {EWC}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
~On Dreams~

On a dusty square of solitude, the powdery thud dots the lone rhythmic bumps broken up by the soft coo of the baskets plush net startled by the occasional spike of a rattling rim, rolling the rock off to punish you with a scrambling retrieval telling you you're here in this box because you haven't earned your way out of it yet. My pistons pump and joints twist and retract, here alone on this plateau where it is always a dusk that never darkens, only deepens, deepens like a funnel that has tricked you into believing it's a soup ladle. 5,000 more cuts and spins followed by a virgins release might grant me the key to flee this court that sits somewhere between the 12th and 13th floors. Alone, you paint not with broad stark strokes, but feathery layers that seem to go nowhere, obscured until the masterpiece is ready to hang on a white wall with a gold rimming. I am all alone, somewhere between here and there, and my destination is just as desolate as this secret garden where the seeds of my desires must bust through the chewy membrane and flourish, and bear the fruit that cradles the sweet coating to fill my basket, to journey back with to the village where I flick off my shoes and look glassy eyed towards the future in a sunken sofa, as if I'm already reminiscing on some futures feast.

Alone. Just me and this lofted sphere with which I create rainbows. Rainbows that arc and fall right through to a kettle of gold that has been looted by someone in the shadows. I can't leave this dusty square until I recover the mythical treasures that have been swindled from right beneath my dripping nose, while it is only I that can attest to the loot and said removal from my bag of fortunes, fortunes I will use to bribe the gatekeeper with to catch my train ride out of here, maybe to there. Maybe to just come back around and sit on the steps and suck down a bottle compassion with my shoes untied.

There is only I, this bouncing ball of true perfection, the only part that knows what it is and what it will always be, for it is immaculate in its crisp backspin and soft splash, it's consistent reply and predictable placement. It is itself on this dusty square and that cold rigid circle erected tall and straight like a palm tree planted in concrete, which is the portal to forever and eternity, pure in its sterility. But there is something lying belly down in the edges, those black thoughts that take and hide my riches and leave me as desolate as this plateau, somewhere between the 12th and 13th floor. The figures who you only see from out the corners of your eyes when your dizzy from spinning and tired from trying.

I am only playing myself. But there is someone else, I've seen him as a black mass that stands at the baseline judging my release, letting me know he's going to snatch my treasures at the end of the rainbows I paint in the sky that remind me of the beauty in my follow through, only to betray me with an empty kettle for me to boil my aching bones in. How good it feels to just simmer into a pot of stew, formless and comforting, nothing that no one will ever remember but did just what it was supposed to do. I can't see them but I know they're there, like molecules of oxygen that keep me afloat. Like the carbon dioxide I selfishly expel for the purpose of keeping my imperfect machine greased and running, dashing and slashing until my resting place sleepily announces itself as my own burrow, unoccupied, cold dirt, alone.

I am not only I but the tail that follows my every feign, swift and balanced, sure but too late. The source of my certainty is also in the shadows, too faint to make out on this dusty square where it is always dusk, and never dawn. The grain leaves me space to arrive at wherever I want, but not with the solidness of a bronze statue or a plastic billboard. I tell myself I can reclaim that treasure at the end of the rainbows I paint in practice, but they are always there to steal their loot. My feet stay sure, and my aim is an archer, as I dance around this dusty square alone to the rhythms of somebody else's moon. When I burst through this chewy membrane and get to the inside, I will be greeted once again by these shapes, here to shake me down for what I've got in my pockets because I've earned it here, here on this dusty square alone, where they hawked and swooped and pierced holes in my arcs of shimmering hope.

Quiet and soft, and all alone, I know them only as the material that oozes, into something whose figure cannot be discerned into anything of certainty. I know only that they shake me down every time I try to step off this square and hop out of this box, even though I have earned my right to dance right out the dusk into dawn.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Somewhere, Jim Morrison is smiling.

Nicely done.

S&F

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is the most awesome thing anyone could ever say to me. Thank you sincerely, that truly means a lot to me, I can't even tell you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Very nice read
got to keep a third eye to better see ... what you don't see @ first glance.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Very good

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thanks for reading

top topics