It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Train Window Advertisements Tested........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don’t know about you, but if I am on a train I do not want to be infiltrated by advertisements, especially if I am resting my head against the window for a bit of a nap. But a German firm is proposing to transmit adverts via train windows so that the sound appears to come from inside the users head when passengers lean against them….

The idea would use bone conduction technology, a technique that transmits sound to the inner ear by passing vibrations through the skull…

The concept has been developed by ad agency BBDO Germany on behalf of broadcaster Sky Deutschland, It is already proving controversial…

I don’t know if this idea will ever catch on, it would drive me nuts, what do you think?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think a limit to how much companies can force us to notice their products through "advertizing" should have been put into place a very long time ago.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I think a limit to how much companies can force us to notice their products through "advertizing" should have been put into place a very long time ago.

Yeah, I agree with you, but I think it is all down to people not realising how fast technology has developed, and of course not knowing what area's technology is going to develop. If you had said to me 30 years ago that trains would have talking windows, then I think the straight jacket would have come out...haha...but in this day and age there doesn't seem to be any cut off point for getting your brand banded around, oh, and of course the subject of greed comes to mind........

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

In a perfect world. Problem is the limit is always broken (and allowed to be broken) for profit. I used to work in advertising, and got out for that reason.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is right out of the book Fahrenheit 451. They want to control your thoughts at all times.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

It is all part of the basic mindset of the current societal structure which is work and consume. The advertising agencies will find any way imaginable to get their product seen and we, the public are forced to see, hear, experience these almost every waking moment. Even living in the country with the tv and radio off there are still flying banners and sky writing. I believe it was in the 60s or 70s they even attempted to bounce lasers to show their products in the sky, both in stable versions and subconscious flashes. This was made illegal, but it seems that there is no other limit. I personally am of the belief that if I want or need a product I go find it. Although I do feel that capitalism has grown out of control in this "free market" society producing junk products adding to the chemical imbalance of our world and trash that really serve no purpose, I feel advertising has become not only distracting but worse than looking at all the discarded products they had previously advertised.

It is all about the almighty currency and how it can be gathered, not much different than hoarding. As for the public, impulse purchasing is out of control. People think they may be carefully contemplating a purchase, but in the grand scale of how the west is conducting the societal structure the evidence is to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

My reason for getting out of internet marketing as well. For me it was how SEO was actually being done.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A consequence of such intrusive advertising will be that for "modest fee" one can upgrade to a "premium" ticket and not be bothered with the ads. Just another excuse to inflate fares.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by soulwaxer

My reason for getting out of internet marketing as well. For me it was how SEO was actually being done.

But then I decided to work in health care (palliative care), and even there ran into the same lack of ethics...

What to do?!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As if we aren't already inundated with ads EVERYWHERE we look and go.
This is just ridiculous.
I can see myself breaking lots of windows in the future.

I swear the whole world is going to crap. But that's ok now cause there is commercials all along the way.

top topics

join