It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000-year-old pyramid torn down by real estate developers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Did not find any threads on it.

Real estate developers using heavy machinery tore down a 20-foot (6-meter) tall pyramid at the oldest archaeological site near Peru’s country’s capital, cultural officials said Wednesday.

Peru’s tourism ministry says El Paraiso was built some 4,000 years ago and was a religious and administrative center, long before the rise of the Inca culture encountered by the Spanish conquerors.

People apparently working for the two companies tore down one pyramid and tried to destroy three others, but were stopped by witnesses.

Source

This seriously pissed me off to be honest. Couple of months ago such action happened in Belize, they simply won´t learn and now was Peru´s turn. I really start to wonder, if my eyes will see some greedy company destroy one of Egypt´s pyramids some day...

What is wrong with these people??? Money, money, money - nothing matters nowadays, no values, as long as it is profitable enough.

I sincerely hope some serious action will be taken towards the companies, not only the workers, but the people in charge who gave the orders. The companies should be bankrupted, fined to death, the owners (who also are bankrupted financially) and workers doing the action jailed for life. Even that would not be enough of a punishment. Such companies should simply not be allowed to exist. Zero tolerance
edit on 4-7-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This seems oddly familiar to the Mayan pyramid. What is with all the destruction of the pyramids lately? The source states it was in an agricultural field so would it be because they needed the land for development of some sort?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Hideing the past from the future thats
alls i have running round my head

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Its amazing this even happens. Apparently the taking over of these countries by lunatics has taken a large step forward when they start destroying history for development.

Why historical communities aren't joining together and shedding light on this is crazy. We only have one chance with this history, destroying it seems the dumbest option.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
disgusting to destroy historic places ... agricultural fields ? plenty of other land available to grow crops on there without destroying historical landmarks .. more like someone probably wanted to build a damn shopping mall or other such nonsense to make more damn money ...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nothing new about this - see this thread Here

It seems developers throughout Central & South America mindlessly destroy artifacts from ancient civilizations as a matter of standard business practice. Perhaps they may be brought to some kind of justice (hopefully)?

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Ignorance is no excuse. this is the same as the Taliban blowing up Buddha statues or as others have pointed out Mayan structures in Belize etc

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Ignorance is no excuse. this is the same as the Taliban blowing up Buddha statues or as others have pointed out Mayan structures in Belize etc
I confess to being somewhat bemused by the aggressive tone of this thread, while in another recent thread (ATS) discussing a First Nations burial disturbed in Canada, and the homeowners being billed for mitigation of the site...it was all 'dig anyway', 'hide the remains', 'make the descendants pay'...and such.

A simple grave is no pyramid, but it is a reflection of a past culture. So what's behind the incongruity? Scale? Lack of recognition for the heritage of our own lands? Dismissal of the First Nations traditions?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.larepublica.pe...

So the city the stone mound was in said go a head. The country the city was in said protect it. The construction company made around $20,000 to destroy it and was fined $2200.

Sounds like the Republicans saying the states should have the rights not the federal government and corporations saying I made enough to cover the fine so we made a profit.

And why does nobody say anything when Israel or Egypt does the same thing? They check out a site and say if it is important or not. If it is not important to who ever looked at they destroy build over it or bury it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join