It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia Mass UFO Sighting with Two Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
To start off with the obligatory "apology in advance", I did use the search function utilizing the most sensible keywords to try to see if anyone had posted this yet.

Seems there was a fairly recent sighting of something in the sky over the town of Pradera, Colombia. Two videos have emerged, both showing what appear to be the same object. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a Chinese lantern.

There is also a news broadcast, but it is not in English. Anyone who can help us out with some translation skills, well we'd really appreciate it.

I highly recommend watching the videos in full screen.

Without further ado.

What say you?
edit on 4-7-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Looks Real..What is that..??

anyone?

but it's like this

no mean to disgrace..but i will delete the video if you want..

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns don't generally light up clouds and they only last for 2 0r 3 blocks, they are dim and too many people are putting sightings off as lanterns...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't think its a lantern but it could be a flare , this one doesn't last very long but you get the idea .

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Interesting...I kinda felt like Joaquin Phoenix watching those videos as they reminded me of the scene from signs...

edit on 4-7-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Chinese lanterns don't generally light up clouds and they only last for 2 0r 3 blocks, they are dim and too many people are putting sightings off as lanterns...

2 or 3 blocks

The lanterns - effectively, mini-hot air balloons composed of flame, paper and wire - cost as little as £2 each and can travel as far as 30 miles,

They are NOT all one size or colour.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yup it seems a flare, it is even mentioned in the first video. They claim fast speeds but there is no video of that...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

it's rare that lights on a black sky turn out to be more than lights on a black sky

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Honestly guys, if there are more than one or two people looking up at the sky, taking videos, calling local police departments and news stations, and going completely nuts over something, chances are its not something that you see everyday. Unlike half of the people who post comments on here, most aren't so dimwitted that they believe a satellite, plain, or Chinese lantern is a UFO. Why not just have a little faith in your fellow human beings for once and stop ridiculing everything that you have a small amount of doubt in.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I don't think its a lantern but it could be a flare , this one doesn't last very long but you get the idea .

You could be onto something, gortex. Just for comparison:

Notice any similarities? Differences?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

In this video the Mayor of Pradera Valle said that the army told him they released a flare
and the wind moved the flare over the city causing the commotion among the people who
thought it was a UFO. Mayor Adolfo Escobar made some inquiries and got the answer by
the army, by consequence they closed the case.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Ah, case closed. Nice bilingualism there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I saw something similar a while ago i live in canberra Australia and here is the video i took of it. there are two parts part 2 is the better part.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-7-2013 by eluder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

In this video the Mayor of Pradera Valle said that the army told him they released a flare
and the wind moved the flare over the city causing the commotion among the people who
thought it was a UFO. Mayor Adolfo Escobar made some inquiries and got the answer by
the army, by consequence they closed the case.

Yeah...flares...that's what they said about the Phoenix lights..except hundreds of people saw a low, slow, solid and gigantic physical craft flying around the skies, but if the Mayor and the army says it's flares...

top topics

join