It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals blame GOP, Fox, Drudge in Obamacare fiasco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Not my headline direct quote from article

The pro-Obama media watchdog Media Matters Wednesday, defending the administration's surprise move to cancel implementation of major elements of Obamacare, said that Republicans were to blame and accused conservative media leaders like Fox News and the Drudge Report for ignoring the GOP's role.

Source

Media Matters

What?

Play the blame game?

Not this time the ACA was pased 5 years ago that had all the stops pulled.

So should people believe THIS ?

So instead of owning up to the abject failure of passing the ACA now they result to the tried, and 'true', and ever failing 'blame game'.

Tell ya what my fellow ATS readers this smells like being stuck in an elevator, and someone passes gas, and points at someone else.

I am here to tell ya much like the event in that elevator the smellar is the fellar.

I report you decide

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Everything you need to know about the Obamacare delay

(P.S. Please read the entire article linked above.)

The announcement by the Treasury Department claimed that the main reason for the delay was the need to adjust employer reporting systems. If true, that would mean that the administration failed to solve a basic technical issue—one that Republicans had no control over and thus couldn’t be blamed for obstructing. But if you believe the Treasury Department’s explanation, we have a bridge to sell you.

It is absolutely a false argument that Obama can't work with an obstructionist GOP so he has to subvert the law and the Constitution.

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Don't buy the lies.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes at this point it looks like flailing. But....alas....they hold to the old maxims like.....tell a lie long enough the people will buy it. They forget Lincolns admonition about fooling the people.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I see this as progress, i didn't see Bush's name once!
This is like when my siblings and i were kids and wouldn't admit to doing something wrong. My father would then exclaim" Patches must have done it." our dog at the time. What we should be looking at, is who does pushing full implementation past midterm elections benefit? Those that voted for the bill or those that voted against it?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How is it the GOP's fault?? The only Republican in Washington DC to vote for Obamacare was Chief Justice John Roberts.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Once Obamacare is implemented, the unemployment rate will skyrocket, sealing the fate of the democrat party for years!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Once Obamacare is implemented, the unemployment rate will skyrocket, sealing the fate of the democrat party for years!

The stock market will crash followed by full fiscal collapse.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Here's a quote from that article;

The announcement by the Treasury Department claimed that the main reason for the delay was the need to adjust employer reporting systems. If true, that would mean that the administration failed to solve a basic technical issue—one that Republicans had no control over and thus couldn’t be blamed for obstructing. But if you believe the Treasury Department’s explanation, we have a bridge to sell you.

I think the REAL 'reasons' for the 'delay' are the 2014 elections.

The Dems are in a fluff because they already know the entire PPACA isn't going to work.

The already economically devastated public is getting wise to the gag.

Watch for big "announcements" in 2015 also.

PPACA will still be an issue in 2016.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Is already been sealed with the immigration bill, that is what is going to kill the Democraps, but sadly is many of the Republirats behind the bill also.

As for Obamacrap the health care bill that is nothing but a give away to the insurance companies will fail regardless, what it sound like a great idea at a time has grown into a mammoth enterprise with to many hands in the cookie jar.

Then when the supreme court handle the ruling that states can not be forced into expanding Medicaid there goes the free healthcare for the poor, then add the cuts to the seniors medicare and there you have it, nothing but a big mess

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let's see....

1. Democrats lost the House because of Obamacare.

2. Clearly, the people who elected the Republicans wanted them to "obstruct" Obamacare.

3. Now, suddenly, Democracy is bad when the elected representatives are trying to do what they were elected to do.

The only thing that sucks is that Obamacare will not be completely repealed. It's too bad there isn't enough of a majority on the R side to completely "obstruct" this POS law. It looks like everyday people are going to have to fight this mandate by refusing to obey it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lets see here, so the right wing has told lie after lie after lie about the affordable care act, the left has tried to show these lies for what they are.

And now, the right is blaming the left for trying to fight back against the constant lies.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Lets see here, so the right wing has told lie after lie after lie about the affordable care act, the left has tried to show these lies for what they are.

And now, the right is blaming the left for trying to fight back against the constant lies.

Let's see here;

I think the Liberal lies after lies outnumber the Conservative 'lies'.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In my opinion, this is a case where the current administration severely underestimated the effort involved with the health care initiative.

It was a nice sound bite to campaign on, to promote the development of better healthcare for all. But now it seems to have pulled the carpet from under the democrats and they certainly do seem to be trying to pass the buck on this one.

The GOP has already had its staunch oppositions to ObamaCare since the beginning of the first term of Obama.

How is this now just the GOP, FOX and drudge's fault...

Some playground silliness going on here...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
On one hand we have the FACT that Republicans have been indeed been obstructing the law ever since it was conceived.

On the other hand, we have the delusional paranoid ACCUSATIONS that the delays are some top secret plan by the administration to ensure his elections.

I would say there are multiple reasons for the delay.
But to say it's some nefarious plan by Obama is completely insane.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
On one hand we have the FACT that Republicans have been indeed been obstructing the law ever since it was conceived.

On the other hand, we have the delusional paranoid ACCUSATIONS that the delays are some top secret plan by the administration to ensure his elections.

I would say there are multiple reasons for the delay.
But to say it's some nefarious plan by Obama is completely insane.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

hmm but But well....

what ARE the real reasons ?

The excuse of not 'being prepared' is nuts.

It exposes the incompetence of the ones running the system.

And remember 'they' all keep getting paid for their 'services'.

I definitely think the is something 'nefarious' going on.

The White House track record speaks for itself

Their bungling and boondoggling is ever-present.

But their 'staff' and unelected 'officials' make big salaries.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Oh? You want to talk about lies? Let's talk about this one...

Nobody voted for Obamacare. The people who elected Obama voted for the bill he sold them. The one without the individual mandate. After he got elected, he turned around and passed the bill he said he was against and gave his critics the finger. What about that big fat lie?
edit on 4-7-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Sadly I was one of those that fell for his original healthcare bill, the one before the pimps in the private interest business got their hands on, the one that was passed was no Obama care bill even when he went along with it, it was the insurance companies bill.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It exposes the incompetence of the ones running the system. And remember 'they' all keep getting paid for their 'services'. I definitely think the is something 'nefarious' going on.

You're saying they are both incompetent...yet also had the competency to do some nefariously evil thing that required a lot of planning?

That makes no sense!

You said those two contradictory statements in the same breath!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by xuenchen

It exposes the incompetence of the ones running the system. And remember 'they' all keep getting paid for their 'services'. I definitely think the is something 'nefarious' going on.

You're saying they are both incompetent...yet also had the competency to do some nefariously evil thing that required a lot of planning?

That makes no sense!

You said those two contradictory statements in the same breath!

Good deflection there kidd-o !!

Without answering the question, what do ya think about the possibility that this 'delay' may in fact be illegal ?

"If President Obama wants to make changes to ObamaCare, he must come to Congress," Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said on Wednesday.

"We live in a Constitutional Republic. We are a nation governed by laws written by Congress, not memos and blog posts written by bureaucrats," King said.

"President Obama has no constitutional authority to amend his own bill," King said. "He has no constitutional authority to simply waive the law. No matter Obama's determination to suspend his own law, only Congress can do so."

If Obama Wants to Change Health Care Law, 'He Must Come to Congress'

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

If Obama Wants to Change Health Care Law, 'He Must Come to Congress'

Looks like he needs to consult with a person who may know something about Constitutional law. . . . .wait what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join