It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke cans toxic caramel coloring but Pepsi still packs 8 times the safe amount

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can you think of a reason we need proper labeling in North America for our food?

Raw Story

Coca-Cola products have dropped a toxic chemical-containing form of caramel coloring after a 2011 California court order, but most Pepsi products in the U.S. still contain the poison at levels 4 to 8 times the recommended safe amount. According to National Public Radio’s food blog “The Salt,” Coke products no longer contain 4-methylimidazole (4-MEI), whereas Pepsi has only changed the products it sells in California.

Under California’s Proposition 65, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, the state is required to publish a list of chemicals that are known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive or bodily harm. In 2011, the state added 4-MEI to that list, which would require all soft drinks containing the chemical to carry a cancer warning label like the ones found on cigarette packs.

Now I don't know bout you, but I'd like to know what's in my food and my beverages. Not that I drink all the much soda, or anything out of cans to begin with because of the synthetic estrogen BPA,but never the less I do like to be informed.

So, be warned, Pepsi is poisoning you, more than they already claim they are

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Mmmmm cancer causing caramel color......I love me some coke. I thought I tasted a little less cancer.

Truth be told everything packaged today seems toxic to some degree. It almost makes me think there is a agenda behind it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

you aren't the only one. It makes sense if you put everything together:

Our air is becoming increasingly more toxic thanks to pollution and radioactive fallout.
Our water (most of it) is contaminated with fluoride and god knows what else (fracking)
Our food is mostly processed and full of chemicals that are bad for you
The food that isn't processed is turning to GMO
The packaging we use is leeching chemicals into our food.

So, unless you know what to avoid, and have the money available to avoid it, you are probably going to live a shorter life than you could have otherwise.

Not that i'm saying there's some global depopulation agenda, but it wouldn't be the craziest idea out there.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You mean the death cult?

Been wanting to write a thread about that for a while. I sorta really think the world is run by an ancient death cult.

Hm..i'm gonna write that now.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That is sad news, I like Pepsi at times. Picked up some RC cola to take on the camping trip this weekend, wonder how toxic that is? Never mind, the deed is already done and while out on the lakes it is always nice to have something carbonated.

Ahh, I have been pretty sad lately about how the earth and all life is being mistreated and abused. Really very sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You mean the death cult?

Been wanting to write a thread about that for a while. I sorta really think the world is run by an ancient death cult.

Hm..i'm gonna write that now.

~Tenth

Now that sounds very interesting. I am really starting to wonder what the heck is going on when seed companies are buying private armies. At some point 2+2=4.

Also I know Coke is bad for me but I am a addict. It really seems like I am addicted to the stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Damn...I was gonna say you shill you work for Coke until I saw it was you Tenth...

Double Damn I like Pepsi over Coke...

edit on 3-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Mmmmm cancer causing caramel color......I love me some coke. I thought I tasted a little less cancer.

Truth be told everything packaged today seems toxic to some degree. It almost makes me think there is a agenda behind it.

There is. Profits. Not what you were thinking?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Damn...I was gonna say you shill you work for Coke until I saw it was you Tenth...

Cancer tastes sweet while it's going down.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by abeverage

Cancer tastes sweet while it's going down.

While they drink Ambrosia the nectar of the gods we are allowed to drink sweet sweet poison of death...

Someday I will drink the delightful liquid...the elixir of life!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yet another reason to never drink Pepsi. When I suckle at the dark teat of our cancer overlord it is ALWAYS from that sexy coke bottle. A little known fact here in New Orleans is if your waiter or waitress says "is Pepsi ok?" when they don't have coke you can legally stab them in the neck.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I like this part.

When NPR contacted Pepsi, they assured reporter Allison Aubrey that there is nothing dangerous about their products.

That seems to be a recurring theme here, whenever some company is confronted on their products safety they always deny that its bad even though multiple sources seem to say it is. It seems like they think everyone is stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438
I like this part.

When NPR contacted Pepsi, they assured reporter Allison Aubrey that there is nothing dangerous about their products.

That seems to be a recurring theme here, whenever some company is confronted on their products safety they always deny that its bad even though multiple sources seem to say it is. It seems like they think everyone is stupid.

Um.....yeah....well.....look at all this info at there, all the warnings, all the arm waving and how many hundreds of thousands of people still eat and drink this crap on a daily basis? I think that would qualify us as stupid. Yup, I think they (marketers) have the general public pretty well pegged.

@Antar: Please don't be too sad. We can only control ourselves and If you start taking on the guilt of the rest of the world...well, that outlook is quite bleak. Just be happy with how YOU live your life.

new topics

top topics

join