It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smethwick Fire: Massive Blaze At Recycling Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Some of story:

A blaze at a plastic recycling factory, described by firefighters as one of the biggest ever seen in the West Midlands, is believed to have been started by a single Chinese lantern.

Around 200 firefighters have been tackling the blaze at the site in Smethwick, on the outskirts of Birmingham.

An estimated 100,000 tonnes of recycling material and a factory unit are on fire, and crews have been battling to stop the flames spreading to neighbouring businesses.

Vij Randeniya, chief fire officer at West Midlands Fire Service, told Sky News: "We believe a Chinese lantern dropped onto some bales of plastic and, looking at CCTV, it would appear that was the cause.

news.sky.com...

Ok, you may say 'well,, this is nothing unusual' but I wanted to bring this photo below to ATS and ask if the guyto the left is having a laugh with his friend or is he laughing at the Factory being on Fire???

PHOTO OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE ONE GUY LAUGHING OR GRINNING:

media.skynews.com...

There have been a lot of Fires and blasts lately.... I'm wondering if we are being attacked without knowing it, accidental Blasts and Fires breaking out here in England and in the USA!

Makes you wonder or am I reading too much into this?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
My bet is that he is working at the plant and he knows he will get a few weeks off with pay.
Hope our firemen stay safe and no one gets hurt.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think he is jazzed cause he didn't have to go home for reality TV tonight. No really. Humanity has become incredibly calloused.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I woke this morning and my front living room window looks over Birmingham direction and could see what looked like storm clouds. I noticed that some clouds were higher than other and looked almost like an explosion had occurred. I turned on the news and hey presto! The clouds were actually smoke, this is/was a very large fire with several explosions occurring. The weird thing is really I work with plastic and it takes quite a lot to ignite plastic. A lantern...I wonder.

new topics

top topics

join