It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador President: Snowden Can't Leave Moscow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And what if more is released? What will that matter? The information so far is very damning....and what is coming of it 3 weeks later?

Nada. Same as tomorrow. And the next day.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
My theory about Snowden is simple :

Is not what he told, it's what he didn't tell yet. The reasons they are chasing him are just a cover up for something bigger. They know once he feels 100% safe, the pandora box will be open.

Remember my words.

I agree with you. BUT he have no intel which FSB and blabla agencies had not before. He is media asset. If Putin says US are steeling our industrial secrets, it is waging cyber war on us, nobody will listen even while it is common sense fact. If US intelligence community defector say it, it have f...g media value. Snowden have no new information for Russian intelligence but he is media ace.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by Trueman
My theory about Snowden is simple :

Is not what he told, it's what he didn't tell yet. The reasons they are chasing him are just a cover up for something bigger. They know once he feels 100% safe, the pandora box will be open.

Remember my words.

And then when he thinks he is 100% safe... has an "accident" or dies a "natural" death!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Let's hope he can make it to talk with Assange in person before that happens.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mr. Snowden is stuck in limbo at the Moscow airport...his passport has been cancelled...and he cannot enter another country without it; at least not Ecuador.

Soooo...I guess he is living at the Moscow airport for a while; perhaps a long while.

edit on 30-6-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm still trying to sort out why he named Ecuador as asylum. There's not a single South or Central American country that isn't subject to NSA/CIA interference. CIA has made it their favorite past-time to disrupt, overthrow, taunt, and victimize just about every western country. I would presume that Ecuador was very high risk for somebody who could become an assassination target of the CIA. Likely the Ecuador thing is just a ruse. Snowden would know exactly what I'm talking about if indeed he had extensive knowledge of NSA/CIA affairs.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Fingers crossed, but even Julian Assange is in a sticky situation and i would hate to see what would happen to him the day that he leaves the Equador embassy in London!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by xuenchen

It is very likely that his passport has been revoked, and likely surrendered since the story broke.

Without a passport, you can receive no visas to travel between nations.

It's all part of human "freedom."

It isn't likely, it is a fact and has been known for over a week now!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Here is an interesting possibility,If Snowden comes back I would submit he may be a a trojan horse.The purpose of which is to get us to do something stupid and attack so they can have some people to come after who break the law.
Just leak a few old programs (Not the important ones)and wreck us overseas so that a further degradation can occur in our countryAKA Clower and Piven.

The behaviour of the US is an act of war on its allies as well as its enemies.

It wouldn't dare attack anyone right now as it will be known as the aggressor.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

How about snowden is a shill, and he's sitting in russia with Tom Donilon and Putin, drinking up vodka - working with the obozo administration for the takeover of the US.

He hasn't released anything that any intelligent person already knew -

and - how many russian troops are in the US right now?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by citizenx1

How about snowden is a shill, and he's sitting in russia with Tom Donilon and Putin, drinking up vodka - working with the obozo administration for the takeover of the US.

He hasn't released anything that any intelligent person already knew -

and - how many russian troops are in the US right now?

The value isn't on filling in the blanks - its providing the evidence and is a very bold move.

I note that Obama was where he should be today:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Could be Pootie poots is keeping him for some kind of bargaining chip against the USA?
Or pulling teeth for those last few drops of info...
I bet he is pretty freaked out by now,not being able to/allowed to leave Pootieville.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

the U.S is like "haha, lets see how well you do when we revoke your passport"

and russia is like "sorry, we can't send him back because you revoked his passport"

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I really didn't expect the Russians to release him.Not for awhile anyhow.The guys a treasure trove of classified Intel.And I'd bet Putin will never extradite him back.Even if they were obligated to,which they aren't.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
From the Hill:

For some strange reason, it took the Department of Justice almost two weeks to file its request for extradition. And, according to Hong Kong officials, when the DOJ finally did so, the papers were not properly filled out. Meanwhile, Snowden’s passport was not revoked until June 22, almost two weeks after he came forward as the source of the NSA story, giving him ample time to plot his escape. The DOJ, in other words, screwed up what should have been an easy catch, giving President Obama one more good reason to fire Attorney General Eric Holder.

link

As for the "why Ecuador" question:

It was not immediately obvious why, exactly, Snowden chose to seek asylum in Ecuador, although the country’s association with Assange may offer some clues, said Fordham Law School professor Andrew Kent. “Ecuador clearly has some kind of history of sticking their finger in the eye of the United States on security issues,” Kent said. Rafael Correa, Ecuador’s left-leaning third-term president, is a vocal critic of U.S. foreign policy and Western economic influence in Latin America. And he is part of a cadre of Latin American leaders — including Raúl Castro of Cuba and the late Hugo Chávez of Venezuela — perceived to have an anti-American political worldview.

See more at the link

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I would say that the Russian still isn't happy about the u.s. missile defense sheld. This could be "one" of many reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Thanks for the info and the links. I still know that Ecuador, and since they mentioned Raul, Cuba, are very vulnerable to CIA interference. If CIA had any desire to conduct an op in either one of those, they'd have no problem with it. Any serious threat to CIA/NSA illegal activity would not seek haven anywhere in South America, Central America, or the Caribbean.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by Trueman

Fingers crossed, but even Julian Assange is in a sticky situation and i would hate to see what would happen to him the day that he leaves the Equador embassy in London!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Told ya :

Snowden Revelations Will Continue, Assange Says

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I will go out on a limb here and say you have a whistle blower with what could be all kinds of good information locked up in his head fleeing one country's corrupted government and runs right into another country's corrupted government. He is going to be used in every way he can possibly be used and then he will be hidden away and forgotten ... or worse. Snowden is totally screwed.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its pretty sad we need permission and a piece of paper to travel anywhere on the planet. Then we have the possibility of not being able to acquire one if you owe to many taxes to our handlers, which is basically locking you up in a prison the size of a country.

Not to sound crazy, but Earth is starting to resemble what some people would call a prison planet. Complete with guards and all.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
his american passport - revoked or not - is an irrelevance

russia can permit him to enter / leave thier country

and ecuador can permit him to enter thiers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join