It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The face of Gay love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is a positive thread for all of those of us in the gay community who are working hard to educate people, change misconceptions and show the world we are nothing to be afraid of. I have posted below a spotlight vid from youtube of the many colours of our community and a small kaleidoscope of the love we share among us.

To the 90% of you who are straight, good for you. The freedoms you take for granted, like being able to marry the one you love are precious. but you both under and over value them. You undervalue them with the divorce rate sitting at nearly 50% showing that many of you do not actually take marriage that seriously yet you over value them when you say that marriage belongs to a man and a woman only.

We say a man will always love his girl and a girl will always treasure her man, but we also cherish our partners just as much. We love them, we fight with them, we dream with them and we go through tough times hand in hand together.

As your fear of the unknown subsides you will see that we were already here, we already had relationships and that we have never been a threat to your families and your traditional values.

edit on 30-6-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

100+ Years of Gay Couples: 1875-1955

Love is love... And always has been.

California, 1923:

First gay granted legal rights to adopt children, Hollow Falls, VA late 1920's:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Delaware News Journal - Sunday June 30th
The paper and online Wilmington DE News Journal carried this as it's main article today ...
'The New Faces of Marriage'. With the picture.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Looking at all those old photos makes me wonder what became of them, did they manage to live together happily, or did society tear apart their happy unions?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Using the hetro divorce rate argument just does not work...yet. There is no quantifiable data out there as most countries do not recognize same sex marriage. You'll have to give it 10-20 years first...then you can post the data as relevant or not.

Personally, I am totally 100% anti-marriage. It's a business contract, nothing more. A way to gain power over someone else and lord it over them through possible penalties in the event of a divorce.

So much for being positive, eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
With the amount of hatred and violence in this world, if two people are fortunate enough to find love what is the problem? I've never heard one compelling argument against this. For some reason, there are people who feel that the "gay agenda" is being thrust upon them by the media, when in reality what they are seeing is the struggle for a basic right: they are not the same thing. If gay marriage were on equal status as heterosexual marriage, then I believe this argument would hold more water. But if it were on equal grounds legally, then I think one wouldn't see it in the media as much because the struggle would be over. As a heterosexual, I don't see how gay marriage undermines my relationship or devalues it in anyway. Aside from quoting religious scripture, or antiquated laws, how would it? I'm not saying people have to agree or accept gay marriage, just ask yourself that if it were legal how would it affect your daily life? It wouldn't. But the opposition to the legality of gay marriage does affect many couples' lives is a profound and hurtful way.
edit on 30-6-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Get married, adopt children, have your rights, but please just stop touting the gay lifestyle.

This is getting as annoying as religious groups constantly forcing their beliefs on everyone.

I am glad two people can be in love and happy, but I am tired of the in your face constant selling of a lifestyle I don't find appealing. I want everyone to have their rights. I care about the humans, really I do, but I am sick of hearing about it all the time.

I am glad my parents are happy and in love, but I don't need to know about their sexual choices.

I sure as heck don't need to hear about yours.

Honest rant.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Originally posted by Metallicus
Get married, adopt children, have your rights, but please just stop touting the gay lifestyle.

No one is trying to sell you anything. You freely opened this thread even though the title makes CLEAR what is inside. If you're REALLY sick of it... if you REALLY don't want to hear about it, DON'T OPEN THE THREAD. It's really simple.

I am glad two people can be in love and happy, but I am tired of the in your face constant selling of a lifestyle I don't find appealing.

Oh, if only we could shut up everyone we don't find appealing, huh? ... But that darn free speech thing gets in the way... And no one is selling you anything. No one is asking for money or making you read about it.

I appreciate your honesty, but the world doesn't cater to you. People are happy and celebrating, as they did when women won the vote, when the Vietnam War was over, when Obama was elected, when slavery was abolished. You don't have to participate, but you cannot and should not stop people from sharing their pride and joy.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Using the hetro divorce rate argument just does not work...yet. There is no quantifiable data out there as most countries do not recognize same sex marriage. You'll have to give it 10-20 years first...then you can post the data as relevant or not.

Personally, I am totally 100% anti-marriage. It's a business contract, nothing more. A way to gain power over someone else and lord it over them through possible penalties in the event of a divorce.

So much for being positive, eh?

Oh it's a lot more than that Dawg.

Perhaps not for you, but for me it really is a hell of a different picture to the one you paint.

My Mrs and I have just had our 23rd wedding anniversary...we lived together for 2 years before we married, so a full quarter of a century of happy marriage so far and counting.

Mind you it helps that i keep her bound and gagged in the cellar most of the time

Gay marriage is NO different to my marriage, except for involving two people of the same gender.

People are people...love is love and marriage is marriage. Who cares what is or isn't hanging between a persons legs if you're in love?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Call me happily bitter.
...and obviously single.

I have seen more failed marriages than successful, but I do salute you and the Mrs for a successful relationship. I keep hoping that I will find one, but if not...oh well, such is life.

But I guess I just chose wrong concerning the women I have had relationships with. Almost all of them knew I was against marriage yet said I either marry them, or the relationship is over. That told me all I needed to know and off I went. If they think a ring rather than a daily dose of love is more important....well.

I think that in 10-20 years, the data will show that gay divorces will be on par with hetro divorces. As you say, people are people after all.
edit on 30-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by MysterX

Call me happily bitter.
...and obviously single.

Speak on it girl!

though, maybe i'm not as bitter

Love is Love Gay, Straight, Black, White, we Humans come in different shapes, sizes, colours and sexuality, when we can put down the magnifying glass and pick a up a mirror we may just open our minds up

tolerance, acceptance, unity, equality, freedom, we all fight for those things, and we all deserve those

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

This is getting as annoying as religious groups constantly forcing their beliefs on everyone.

I am glad two people can be in love and happy, but I am tired of the in your face constant selling of a lifestyle I don't find appealing. I want everyone to have their rights. I care about the humans, really I do, but I am sick of hearing about it all the time.

I am glad my parents are happy and in love, but I don't need to know about their sexual choices.

I sure as heck don't need to hear about yours.

Honest rant.

I appreciate your honest rant, but you have to realize that the lives of millions and millions of people have been ruined because of societal pressure and ignorance. In order for gays to simply experience love they have had to fight for it. The issue HAS to be in our face until society 'gets it'.

I am SO glad I'm straight because I can't even imagine standing up in a world of hatred and intolerance and claiming to be gay. To have almost everyone IN THE WORLD look upon me as though I'm sick, twisted and evil, well, that is brave beyond words. And it must be done.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Cheers Dawg.

By the sounds of it, you were right to get out of it when they said marry or else.

I would have chosen the 'or else' route too if i was being given an ultimatum like that.

Marriage is a lifelong commitment, and should never be because you were blackmailed or forced into it...that will always fail or be fairly unhappy.

You'll get there mate, i'm sure there's a Mrs Dawg somewhere out there who respects you enough not to try to force you into anything.

And yeah, i completely agree that Gay marriages will probably be just as successful and just as unsuccessful as straight marriages.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Your citation of 10% of the population being homosexual is based on a 1948 Kinsey study which estimated that up 10% of the male population could be homosexual.

Recent studies and surveys show a drastic difference between the assumptions from nearly 70 years ago.

What Percentage of the Population Is Gay? (2002)
www.gallup.com...

Do Gay People Really Make Up 3.5% of the Population?
www.theatlanticwire.com...

The polling company took state-by-state surveys of all 50 states and District of Columbia, asking one simple question: "Do you, personally, identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender?" With more than 200,000 responses over the course of six months, this is a pretty large sample for a seemingly simple question that has yet to be definitively answered. Gallup also found that outside of a few outliers, the results were remarkably consistent across the entire nation. Averaging all the state polls together gives you a nationwide average of 3.5 percent, and every state in the union (but not D.C.) is within two percentage points of that average. That's also right around the margin of error for the polls.

Gay Population In U.S. Estimated At 4 Million, Gary Gates Says
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Please get with the times and stop pushing such an outdated ideology.
edit on 30-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

reply to post by MysterX

Call me happily bitter.
...and obviously single.

Speak on it girl!

though, maybe i'm not as bitter

Love is Love Gay, Straight, Black, White, we Humans come in different shapes, sizes, colours and sexuality, when we can put down the magnifying glass and pick a up a mirror we may just open our minds up

tolerance, acceptance, unity, equality, freedom, we all fight for those things, and we all deserve those

Um...I'm not a girl.
But thats ok, this is the interwebs after all...kinda hard to tell gender at times.

I do believe in one being able to love another for life, but it just doesn't seem to work out like that anymore these days and is fairly rare in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I do believe in one being able to love another for life, but it just doesn't seem to work out like that anymore these days and is fairly rare in my opinion.

Ya know TD, I used to say that too. I spent the vast majority of my 20's and early 30's in the world of singledom. Then one night out of the blue I was in a particularly foul mood. I had just moved to Australia, I was living in a horrific bed bug infested hostel, I had spent my first week in a job that I had discovered I had got because no Australian was dumb enough to take on the challenge. That very night I spent my last $20. I had spend all my money, even my 'safety net' money for a fare back home if this Aussie gig didn't work out. I was feeling really annoyed with life because I was of the opinion that no matter how hard I tried I could not make things go better for me.

Then there he was, I remember seeing him and noticing he was alone and quite drunk. He was totally not the sort of person I would normally show any interest in at all. But I thought 'oh well, I suppose he's single' and went over to him. 7 1/2 years later I still laugh to myself about it - in my darkest mood I met my soulmate. There was nothing about him that would have normally made me take notice of him but that one night when I was at rock bottom I did something out of the ordinary and noticed someone I normally wouldn't.

So don't give up on hope of finding love. There really is someone out there for everyone, and you might end up like me and find them in the last way you ever thought you would

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join