It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Black Bugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to put this post.

I first noticed these little black bugs about 2 to 3mm big sometimes a little bigger, they were in my bathroom, just a few scattered around the walls and the toilette occasionally in the bath. Since they have started appearing I have been really itchy, mostly my head, I keep scratching my head, my neck and behind my ears.

I thought these may be head lice so checked and friends have looked through my hair but have found nothing, after a few weeks I went to the doctors and the doctor checked me over and said there was nothing he could see. I feel itchy all over now up my nostrils, around my eyes, my hair, around my neck, my arms but cannot see any bugs, sometimes I have little grain of sand like things where I scratch.

I got so tired of this that I started to look it up online, I wrote into Google little black bugs itchy. I couldn't believe the results. It seems this has been happening to many people and it cannot be sourced or identified, it is also happening worldwide, I am from the UK. They are not fleas, midges, or bed bugs.

Does anyone have these problems?

Here are some of the people with the same problem.

www.thriftyfun.com...

www.topix.com...

bitingbugs.wordpress.com...

askville.amazon.com...

ehealthforum.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yes, it is a conspiracy all right.
The government really needs you to have an itch.
Finally the grand master plan has been put into effect... I was fearing this day.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
Yes, it is a conspiracy all right.
The government really needs you to have an itch.
Finally the grand master plan has been put into effect... I was fearing this day.

I am not saying it is a government conspiracy but it is a problem many people are having with no solution and it is worldwide and very annoying, I was wondering if other people had experienced this. The conspiracy part is we do not know what these are and neither do the authorities or so they say.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you could post a picture of one of these bugs, I'm sure it could be identified.

Little black bug is not the most helpful of descriptions.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster, Lets get some pics of these little things, What you have to remember is that our weather is changing and new insects are being identified all the time,

Whats your surroundings like? Built up town? Green area? Near water? Is there any leaks in your walls?

Lets start with pics and the environment around you, Hopefully you can get these little things gone, If you could catch some in a jar you could take them to a local science place or somewhere to be identified.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Evolution? Humanity has twisted mother earth so badly there is no telling what we have let loose. Diseases becoming immune to treatments. Is it such a stretch that because of things like habitat destruction and global warming that these little critters might be seeking a meal from humans because they cant get what they were eating before? Just throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I agree with the above poster, Lets get some pics of these little things, What you have to remember is that our weather is changing and new insects are being identified all the time,

Whats your surroundings like? Built up town? Green area? Near water? Is there any leaks in your walls?

Lets start with pics and the environment around you, Hopefully you can get these little things gone, If you could catch some in a jar you could take them to a local science place or somewhere to be identified.

I will try to get some pics. But it seems the little black bugs aren't the biggest problem. Since they showed up i have been itching but cannot find what it is making me itch, there are no physical things on me, but i feel them on me, like a feather being moved over my scalp or ears or legs. It has only started happening with the appearance of the black bugs but I will try and get a pic and put it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok some pictures. They are actually a lot smaller than they look in the pictures and video about 2mm

And a video of one of them.

edit on 30-6-2013 by DEV1L79 because: added

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Was gonna say that these look a bit like 'Thunder bugs'..get them all over here in Kent, but strangely enough, i had never even seen one of these little flying beetles until about 10 years ago...never saw them as a kid at any time, so they must be relatively new to the UK.

They are VERY attracted to bright colours, especially Orange, Yellow and similar colours.

I used to have a bright yellow Honda VFR800 that used to get smothered with the bloody things every Summer...and if i wore a bright shirt i was covered with the things.

Didn't get itchy with them though, so maybe these aren't the same things.

ETA: If these things are biting you and causing you to become very itchy where they bite, one of THE best things you can use is Vick (or £ shop version of the same mentholated rub).

Just take a very small smear of Vick on your finger and gently massage it into the skin where the thing bit you...it takes away all itching in a few seconds...MUCH cheaper than specific 'anti-itch' creams and more effective too.

It doesn't last all day and you might have to reapply it ever hour or so, but it dries up the bite, reduces swelling and fights infection.

I was on holiday with my Mrs in the Cook Islands (near New Zealand) years ago and my Mrs was bitten by a bug...it swelled up like a half ping pong ball. I asked one of the island guides what his people use to help combat bug bites, expecting him to point out a traditional plant that his people used...but to my surprise he said 'Use Vick on it'...we did, and her swollen, sore and weeping bite went down flat within half and hour and the weeping stopped and dried up even faster.

So it's a great tip for anyone getting bitten a lot.

Good luck.

edit on 30-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Looks like bed bugs to me. The itching and "crawling" sensation is most likely an allergic reaction to bites you are getting while you are asleep. They are hard as heck to get rid of.

Bedbugs are small, oval, brownish insects that live on the blood of animals or humans. Adult bedbugs have flat bodies about the size of an apple seed. After feeding, however, their bodies swell and are a reddish color.

Bedbugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings. Female bedbugs may lay hundreds of eggs, each of which is about the size of a speck of dust, over a lifetime.

Immature bedbugs, called nymphs, shed their skins five times before reaching maturity and require a meal of blood before each shedding. Under favorable conditions the bugs can develop fully in as little as a month and produce three or more generations per year.

Although they are a nuisance, they do not transmit diseases.

While they are brown in color they can appear black in appearance. If it is indeed bed bugs I feel for you. Here is a link with more info about getting rid of them:
Bedbugs

I honestly hope your infestation is something else, but if it is bedbugs I hope the link will help you. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Here is a picture of some bedbugs to go with your post.

Ewwwwww!!!

I hope OP, that this is not what you have, because they are very hard to get rid of.
Catch one with a clear piece of scotch tape (just put the tape over one so it sticks to it) and call or go to an exterminator and find out what you have.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
BED BUGS

Here is a researcher with colonies of bedbugs. Pet bed bugs gotta eat.

Here is a video of a man with hundreds of bedbugs at feeding time.

Warning, do not watch this video if you have ever been disgusted at anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by littled16

Here is a picture of some bedbugs to go with your post.

Ewwwwww!!!

I hope OP, that this is not what you have, because they are very hard to get rid of.
Catch one with a clear piece of scotch tape (just put the tape over one so it sticks to it) and call or go to an exterminator and find out what you have.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)
Ugly lil buggers,eh?That's what I'd have guessed by the OP's ailment but he's says their not a candidate.Luckily Ive never had bed bugs but talked to a couple who had them in their apartment.The woman was literally having a breakdown trying to get rid of em.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

If they are bed bugs you will find them in the
small grove where the stitching meets the flat top of your bed.IF thats what they are that's where they'll be an exterminator told me.

edit on 30-6-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In your first link there was a discussion on Minute Pirate Bugs.
I have had bites that I don't know what caused them and I have seen these tiny flying bugs, in my house.

You don't mention whether they can fly or not. I don't think bed bugs can fly???

It was this post that first mentioned Minute Pirate Bugs;

By Eric in IL (Guest Post) 09/27/2008 I did more probing on the web and finally found a perfect match of the mysterious black biting bug(in my case). I originally thought it might have been the "Kissing" bug, but after looking at them under a microscope for several hours today, I found several photos after googling "Minute Pirate Bug"

Google images link;
www.google.co.uk...

Do any of the images look like your bug?

Good luck finding out what they are.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Wow!!! I don't know if this is what is attacking the OP...but I had one of these bite me about a week ago.
It was very small....but bit hard....almost like a sting....
The bite ended up being a small group of itch red bumps.
Nasty little critter....can't tell what he really looked like....because he did not make a get away

www.mybugbites.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks guys, sorry i haven't responded they moved the topic and i couldn't find it.

top topics

join