It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Neither is locking them in a cage waiting to be euthanized.

Good, at least we agree that what you are doing isn't "natural". So what are we going to do about it? Should we make a few threads discussing how pet ownership isn't "natural"? Should we discuss the merits, benefits, and risks associated with that behavior and the judge another person on whether or not these actions are harmful?

Nah. Like I said, none of us are entitled to call another's actions unnatural when we cannot even define the term.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just read a few pages of this thread and realised we are doomed.

For so many reasons and dynamics that most won't understand for failing to see the bigger picture, we are, as a species, doomed to be divided for a long, long time.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

For so many reasons and dynamics that most won't understand for failing to see the bigger picture, we are, as a species, doomed to be divided for a long, long time.

Not me, I see hope.

Regardless of the opinions shared in this thread, no one has threatened anyone. This shows an underlying respect, either a respect for law, for humans in general, or a respect for the fear of being banned from the site. From this respect comes dialogue, and that dialogue is what will continue to push us past this moment in history when ignorance, on both sides, makes way for understanding.

We -will- understand the reason for sexual orientation one day just like we figured out the reason for different skin colors. When that happens, opinion behind such differences will vanish, though as we see with racism still, the differences may continue to cause friction for some time.

Be patient.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
So what are we going to do about it? Should we make a few threads discussing how pet ownership isn't "natural"?Should we discuss the merits, benefits, and risks associated with that behavior and the judge another person on whether or not these actions are harmful?

Nah. Like I said, none of us are entitled to call another's actions unnatural when we cannot even define the term.

Um.

You can make threads or do what you want. I'm not discussing the meritis, benefits, or risks associated with anything. I am not judging anything. I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't do. Please tell me where I did that. Again..

I don't really care what you said. All I ever said in this thread, or implied, before you derailed my point; was that you cannot use animals as evidence that homosexuality is natural in humans, as they do many things humans don't consider natural.
edit on 29-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
So, yes, for a lot of people, I believe its a choice.

Al you have proven with your rant is that taking a label is a choice, and even when someone takes that label, they can't force the sexual orientation on themselves without a strong effort. It can happen though, because I have known quite a few people that have been in marriages that have left their partners for people of the same sex.

"Al"-righty then. You're not really disproving me there.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I had to read seven pages of why you think putting things in your bottom is natural. On those seven pages saw other gays come in and voice their opinions and one who s avatar said something about drag queens. I was on for an hour or two and someone wrote eating at McDonald's is natural , don't let them tell you what's natural or something. I thought it was one of the gays helping out the OP and wrote the part about drag queens. Call me a bigot I don't care, I don't really like gay people. What's natural? How about a mans man none of this effeminate woman crap. I wanna get raped by a man , like a woman and put fish sticks in my mouth, then your a gay fish. Just like South Park said.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Um.

You can make threads or do what you want. I'm not discussing the meritis, benefits, or risks associated with anything. I am not judging anything. I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't do. Please tell me where I did that. Again..

All I ever said in this thread, or implied, before you derailed my point; was that you cannot use animals as evidence that homosexuality is natural in humans, as they do many things humans don't consider natural.

I never said you did. You are inferring that.

If we cannot use animals as evidence of natural behavior, please enlighten me, what is your definition of natural behavior?
edit on 29-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

that is because many are divided by the misconceptions and propaganda that people are being told, instead of looking at as Humans

Natural, or Unnatural, what does it matter to you or anyone? if they came out tomorrow with inconclusive proof that we as homosexuals are more natural than straight people, what would happen? how would people react? would they began to denounce straight people as unnatural, and 'mental defects'

so you don't want to deal in hypothetical scenarios, that is fine girl we don't have too,

so we are 'Unnatural' so what does that mean? we should be treated as such? then as what? what would be the best way to treat us 'unnatural humans'?

it makes no sense why it's such a big deal,

we are Human you are human the longer we divide ourselves the faster we will all fall

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So, yes, for a lot of people, I believe its a choice.

Al you have proven with your rant is that taking a label is a choice, and even when someone takes that label, they can't force the sexual orientation on themselves without a strong effort. It can happen though, because I have known quite a few people that have been in marriages that have left their partners for people of the same sex.

"Al"-righty then. You're not really disproving me there.

There is nothing to disprove. You posted an opinion. I told you what your opinion was worth.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm not here to give my opinion of the matter. I've hinted that I am tolerate of homosexuals.

You are very hostile, calm down.

For the last time, I'm simply refuting the notion of using animals as evidence.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not me, I see hope.

Regardless of the opinions shared in this thread, no one has threatened anyone. This shows an underlying respect, either a respect for law, for humans in general, or a respect for the fear of being banned from the site. From this respect comes dialogue, and that dialogue is what will continue to push us past this moment in history when ignorance, on both sides, makes way for understanding.

We -will- understand the reason for sexual orientation one day just like we figured out the reason for different skin colors. When that happens, opinion behind such differences will vanish, though as we see with racism still, the differences may continue to cause friction for some time.

Be patient.

It's not the issue in question, it is the division. We have been divided on so many things it is almost unbelievable.

Whilst we invest our energy in things that don't actually matter TPTB continue their drive for total control.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawn2001

I believe i would be the Queen you mentioned, though, i was not the one who wrote about eating at McDonald's, the only fast food i eat is at 'Chick-Fil-A', and i don't even eat meat!

did i miss a question you asked? or were you just mentioning me in disgust with the rest of this topic? if i can clear anything up please let me know, and if it's off topic send me a message i'll respond

link   
I agree with the post above by Wonderer2012. From trying to speak to people about the issue i've noticed that those who are born a certain way will probably forever be told that they are...

Unnatural.
Have a brain defect.
OR Are choosing to be attracted to the same sex.

It's worrying indeed to see that nobody here has expanded on whether or not they choose to be attracted to the same sex. And what is MAKING them be attracted to the same sex. I know i was born to like the opposite sex and not the same sex. I can't MAKE myself be attracted to the same sex so i struggle to see how any argument against homosexuality being "unnatural" or being a choice stands to reason.

Born straight? Yep. So they are born Homosexual? Probably
Choose to be straight? Nope. So they probably don't choose to Homosexual.

Also, don't tell me it's about reproduction of a species either, because it's not. For most animals, yes. Humans? No. I have known a good few people not caring who or why they sleep with someone and they don't want children. It's not about reproduction anymore... It's simply not that straight forward.

Brain defect? Mental Illness? I'm no doctor so i can't speak on that one. But it's quite a statement to make to suggest that homosexuals have a brain defect.. i mean i'm not saying they don't... but i don't where the evidence for that comes from..

I hate people judging others. I don't hate opinions and i understand we all have them. But it's like saying that someone who was born disabled is wrong because they can't reproduce. I mean, come on.

This wasn't a reply to anyone specific because it was a round up of what i've read.

link   

I'm not here to give my opinion of the matter. I've hinted that I am tolerate of homosexuals.

Big deal. You've hinted that you are tolerant of homosexuals. I don't know what that even means.

If you aren't here to give your opinion on the nature of Homosexuality being Natural, which is the topic of this thread, then why exactly are you posting in it?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Big deal. You've hinted that you are tolerant of homosexuals. I don't know what that even means.

If you aren't here to give your opinion on the nature of Homosexuality being Natural, which is the topic of this thread, then why exactly are you posting in it?

I was wrong. I didn't hint.

Go through my posts on this thread. I directly said I am tolerant of homosexuals. So I was hinting my opinion on the subject. I've said I'm tolerant of homosexuals multiple times on this site in the 60 posts I've made.

GO through my posts. I've told you exactly why I'm posting. I'm refuting evidence, is anyone else?

This thread is not giving our opinions. This thread was evidence in support. I was refuting a piece of evidence. DENYING IGNORANCE. Do you comprehend? Do you even understand what the purpose of this thread is?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

that is because many are divided by the misconceptions and propaganda that people are being told, instead of looking at as Humans

Natural, or Unnatural, what does it matter to you or anyone? if they came out tomorrow with inconclusive proof that we as homosexuals are more natural than straight people, what would happen? how would people react? would they began to denounce straight people as unnatural, and 'mental defects'

so you don't want to deal in hypothetical scenarios, that is fine girl we don't have too,

so we are 'Unnatural' so what does that mean? we should be treated as such? then as what? what would be the best way to treat us 'unnatural humans'?

it makes no sense why it's such a big deal,

we are Human you are human the longer we divide ourselves the faster we will all fall

Exactly, I'm glad I'm not the only one who see this POV.

We are all human, black or white, gay or straight, it doesn't matter. Our divisions as a race of beings is unbelievable, and we invest so much energy in pointless stuff, whilst the world changes around us.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Not me, I see hope.

Be patient.

It's not the issue in question, it is the division. We have been divided on so many things it is almost unbelievable.

Whilst we invest our energy in things that don't actually matter TPTB continue their drive for total control.

Oh, yeah, for a moment I forgot that I was on a Conspiracy Site and everything is merely a tool for the NWO or the Illuminati or the Reptilians or the mysterious and all encompassing TPTB.

Forgive me for thinking that just once people were thinking about a social issue based purely on the rationale that the social issue needs attention.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by nerbot

Like it or not we are both US citizens...and we are equals. You beliefs have no bearing on my rights, since we are equals. Therefor when all right are equal you will stop feeling like it is "being shoved down your throat".

NO....YOU are a US citizen. I AM NOT and you are, and will never be "equal" to me or anyone else.

Your comment is typical kneejerk response with zero consideration for thinking outside the box.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

This thread is not giving our opinions. This thread was evidence in support. I was refuting a piece of evidence. DENYING IGNORANCE. Do you comprehend? Do you even understand what the purpose of this thread is?

You were disputing evidence with an opinion that Humans cannot be compared to animals, but then when challenged on your opinion and asked for your personal definition of "natural behavior", you folded and have since gotten pretty agitated.
edit on 29-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Are you, or are you not, saying homosexuality is natural because animals do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join