It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaguar roves near Rosemont mine site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

My old home state for vast majority of my life, now has another jaguar calling Arizona's deserts home.

Hunted into extinction in Arizona territory early days, the jaguar has struggled to reintroduce itself to former territory it once thrived in.

I find this story very promising for the species, at least it is a positive story on wildlife; when what we read is almost entirely very sad stories for our furry friends.

STORY HERE

I wasn't sure whether to put it here in this forum or the Cryptozoology forum.

A male jaguar has roamed the Santa Rita Mountains' eastern flank for at least nine months, photos obtained from the federal government show.

The remote cameras have photographed the big cat in five locations on seven occasions since October.

Three times, the federally financed remote cameras photographed the jaguar immediately west of the proposed Rosemont Mine site in the mountains southeast of Tucson.

The photos were taken for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service by University of Arizona cameras as follow-up after a hunter gave state authorities a photo of a jaguar's tail that he took last September in the Santa Ritas.

The sightings next to the mine site were at roughly the same location where the earlier jaguar tail photo was taken, wildlife service officials said. Other photos ranged from two to 15 miles from the mine site.

The photos were provided to the Star this week by Fish and Wildlife in response to a Freedom of Information Act request. All were taken at night of the nocturnal beast. They show the jaguar, an endangered species, running, walking or standing in rocky, grassy terrain.

This is the only jaguar known to live in the United States since the 15-year-old known as Macho B died in Arizona in March 2009.

Please go to the link to read much more on the really cool story.

I sort of wish its location wasn't so "advertised" though. Some butthead wanting to go kill it is my concerns with location information.

Hopefully a lady jaguar will join him someday soon, or perhaps one could be introduced for him re-establish themselves in the USA.

Good luck to the AZ jaguar, long may he roam the southwest.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

What a beautiful animal...
I hope he survives.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Thank you Shells4u for putting the picture up!! I am too retarded to figure it out..lol.

Yes, I hope he does well too.

VERY beautiful animal no doubt..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Beautiful animal as long it's not trying to eat me!

top topics

join