It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need provisional advice from a uk lawyer please

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks
the door was locked for approx 10 seconds the classroom has a glass wall and the kids were under observation at all times. The school is legally required to inform her new employer of the incident.

I'm ripping my hair out with frustration.

Thanks again

Cody

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Rod
I'll let you know later what's going on . We need a letter of employment for the visa
ARRRGGGHHH
Cody

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hey man I came back because I felt like the tone of my post was a little rude. Not meant to be. I'm genuinely concerned for you guys and think it would be best to be really cautious. I think this is more serious than a lot of folks are going to realize.

I saw it was ten seconds, in my response I said even for a minute, I meant even for a second. Again, I think your wife had the best of intentions and would understand if she was ready to break a paddle over the punks asses (My Mom's a teacher). That being said, a parent is going to see it in a very different light. Especially parents who have kids that misbehave.

Really if this can be left alone, that is the best outcome in my opinion. The more it's looked at the more trouble your lady may find herself in. I would really consider talking to a lawyer and having this post removed (that's a little paranoid but sometimes it's the smart thing to be cautious).

One thing I'm still not clear on, was she fired for this incident, or was she let go for something else? Either way, best of luck and be cautious. People sue to easily now and one second of irritation can turn into a heap of undeserved trouble.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody, so sorry that you and Mrs C are having to go through this

I think that if any of the parents were going to involve the police then you would have heard from them by now... Most people call them immediately after an 'incident' or at least on the same day so the longer time goes on it's unlikely you'll be hearing from them... I truly hope you won't.

Also, does Mrs C have copies of the emails? These will be invaluable in helping her fight her corner insofar as the new job is concerned.. At least she can prove that she has been requesting assistance with these unruly students and that her pleas have fallen on deaf ears... If she hasn't kept copies, is there someone at the school she trusts who can access her email account with her password and who can print the emails off for her?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks
I took no offence what so ever
I've asked Mrs C to seek legal advice and advice from the unions. We'll take it from there

Cody

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Many thanks for your kind words

We have taken legal advice now and it seems we were misinformed. There will be no impact on her new job (That was my major concern after she worked so hard to become a teacher)

Walk away quitely was the advice in a nut shell

Mrs C has contacted a trust worthy friend at school (The lady that employed her ) and is awaiting a reply.

Thank you all for your time advice and concern. I'll let you know of any future developements

Cody

edit on 27/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Walk away quitely was the advice in a nut shell

I may not be a lawyer, but I can see now why my friends keep asking me for legal advice (despite me telling them over and over I'm not one...)

I'm glad to hear that advice professionally echoed, and more glad to hear this is probably all behind you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks Gazrok

We just received an email from her head of department, he was not at school yesterday, to say he is fuming at "The outrageous and hideous infantile way this incident was so ridiculously handled by an incompetent moron"

May just be an understatement

Yesterday when my wife burst into tears and told me, It was all she could do to stop me driving to the school and finding every body involved, Christ knows what I would have done I was ready to rip the world apart. But I would probably be sitting in cell at this moment in time.

As you said we are very happy that this is all behind us, The (and I use the term loosely) lady that sacked my wife is on a disciplinary for her handling of it and the kids have been excluded from school (except for taking exams) until the beginning of the next school year.

Mr's C has been offered her job back but has politely refused

Cody

edit on 27/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All very good signs.

It's refreshing to see common sense prevail.....as this could have gone down so much differently...
edit on 27-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes sir. I just felt the need to impress the OP that any forum, is no replacement for competent and professional medical or legal advise. Opinions, yes.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes sir. I just felt the need to impress the OP that any forum, is no replacement for competent and professional medical or legal advise. Opinions, yes.
Thanks!

Of course and thank you
I've been on ATS since 2005 and although it's changed there are still professional people prepared to take time out to help. I was very careful with the thread title and the OP.

Please only answer this if you have useful UK law knowledge, this is nothing to do with stars or flags, just a genuine shout out for genuine advice.

ATS is foremost a discussion forum albeit heavily leaning to the weird and wonderful and I consider many members here as close personal friends that I trust to give sound advice.

Once more I have received sound advice and am grateful for it, obviously there is no replacement for professional advice but when all the lawyers are on the way home and I'm at my wits end, what can I say? ATS came through again.

Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I spoke with the drummer/teacher last night and his advice is exactly the same as has been offered on this thread. His face was a picture of incredulity when I told him your wife was not a member of a teaching union, and like me strongly advised joining one immediately.

Glad too hear that things seem to have been resolved favourably. Unfortunately there are a lot of females working in education that are really nasty pieces of work who are knee deep in bitter radical feminist agendas and will screw anyone over if they think it may do them some good. It sounds like that may be what you have been dealing with here. In most jobs today you have to be sure you have your back covered but in education you need your front and flanks armour plated as well sadly.

If you make teaching your career it is a certainty that you will at some point need the services of a union possibly more than, once it goes with territory today unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Thanks for the advice
I was gob smacked when she told me as well
She has since joined a union lessons well learned and thanks
for your kind words
Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Your very welcome. One thing he said that I forgot to mention although happily it won't matter now. He pointed out that in school buildings for reasons of fire safety etc no classroom should be lockable from outside.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
OOOfffffff...

All is well that end well Cody...

Now both of you just have a damned good stress free and relaxing weekend...

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

For reasons of safety the science labs are kept locked at all times if no teacher is in there apparently. I guess it makes sense.

On an upbeat note Mrs C went back today, and was welcomed with open arms, hugs kisses and the biggest bunch of flowers I've ever seen. Our front room looks like a sodding rain forest at the moment

And thanks again

Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Stress free ?

You should see my workload
plus I'm still dealing with the whole ex wife situation

And I have to book tickets for an airplane ride to meet a nutter I found on a conspiracy site that for all I know is a mass murderer with a strange penchant for gerbils and aardvarks

Stress free that'll be the day

Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

Stress free ?

You should see my workload
plus I'm still dealing with the whole ex wife situation

And I have to book tickets for an airplane ride to meet a nutter I found on a conspiracy site that for all I know is a mass murderer with a strange penchant for gerbils and aardvarks

Stress free that'll be the day

Cody

*rolls his eyes in despair whilst wiping squirrel blood of his hands*

Who, me, mass murderer with a strange penchant for gerbils and aardvarks?... If i remember correctly wasnt it Boymonkey that had a thing about Gerbils and gasmasks and you who has the penchant for Aardvarks in leopardskin leotards?

Now.... where has that damned red squirrel run off to now... ahh, i have found it, it jumped into one of those two large holes that i have been digging down at the bottom of the garden.... BWAHAHAHAHA

Well, if it isn't stress free mate, take some time to pour yourself a drink and to raise a glass for me as i will be celebrating my birthday (which was yesterday) with my loved ones....

Warmest respects

Rod

edit on 28-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh man

Sorry in all the trauma I completely frogot

I'll raise a glass immediately Rod

Happy belated birthday and our love to you and your's

CHEERS

Mr and Mrs C

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

And a big cheers to you too and "two" mate... quite normal taking into consideration what you have both been through... (i will raise my Friday glass of wine to you both in about an hour with the pizza)...

We will make up for it when you both finally manage to get here? Which reminds me, have you recieved my letter yet?

Warmest respects

Rod

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join