It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the military really use flares above cities and villages? Ufo Video?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

So do I. However, keeping ones eyes open is the first step in ensuring that if such a thing ever happens, that someone will be there to see it and record it, so on that front, good eyes !

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Yes, they do use flares pretty much where ever they please. By the time the flares get near the ground they have already burned out in most cases. There are times where a flare will still be burning when it reaches the ground but it usually goes out quite quickly afterwards.

Flares are a great stand in for a number of things one would drop from aircraft, as well as an important player in beating heat seeking ordinance.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
ok. Case closed.

I hope one day there will be a clear ufo sighting that leaves no doubt...

I've been hoping that for 40 years now ....maybe tomorrow , but tomorrow never seems to come .

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Can anyone explain what the purpose of these flare-releasing activities would be under these kind of circumstances? What exactly are they supposed to be practicing? They certainly aren't illuminating much, so that can't be it.
edit on 26-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

They use flares as protection against infrared heat seeker missiles. If there is a launch of an antiaircraft missile detected by the plane's warning systems, they release flares and chaff to distract and or confuse the missile guidance system.
Illuminating flares are very bright and light up areas on the ground.

There doesn't really seem to be enough of them for that to be an effective tactic. Are those tiny little flares really going to confuse a high-tech anti-aircraft weapon?

Yeah I agree.
This is a proper flare drop

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BullwinkleKicksButt

See if you can pull up a video of an A10 releasing flares

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A10 flare drop.

You guys make up your own mind. I'm not convinced it's an A10 flare drop either.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Flares are most commonly gravity-fed from a dispenser inside the aircraft's fuselage. These dispensers can be programmed by the pilot or ground crew to dispense flares in short intervals, one at a time, long intervals, or in clusters. Most currently used flares are of the pyrophoric variety, and thus the dispensers do not have to ignite and deploy the flare at the same time. With pyrotechnic flares, a lanyard automatically pulls off a friction cap covering the exposed end of the flare as it falls from the dispenser. A friction surface inside the cap rubs against the exposed end of the flare (similar to a match-head and striking surface) and ignites the flare.

Wikipedia: Flare (countermeasure)

It says that flares can be released one at a time.
It is kind of tough, in that we don't even know what kind of aircraft was in the OP video.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BullwinkleKicksButt

Cheers for that
My comment about an a10 was more to demonstrate that not all aircraft have the visual display of the c130 flare drop
Some have that boring looking single line drop

Edit
In fact that was quite an impressive display by the a10 in that vid

Once called one in for an escalation of force, which then got targeted, and the flares deployed, dropping one every 50-100 meters or so ........a very unimpressive display
edit on 28-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

Cheers for that
My comment about an a10 was more to demonstrate that not all aircraft have the visual display of the c130 flare drop
Some have that boring looking single line drop

Edit
In fact that was quite an impressive display by the a10 in that vid

Once called one in for an escalation of force, which then got targeted, and the flares deployed, dropping one every 50-100 meters or so ........a very unimpressive display
edit on 28-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

I agree it does look like flares, I've just never seen them dropped like that.

edit on 28-6-2013 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
this is not normal guys...look again..the same poster.
Myrtle beach , North Carolina, 3 days ago (is anybody here from that area and can shed some light on if there is any military training airport there?)

There are also other videos from the same area 2 days ago..from other posters...

Watch 1:33 ...
"they are flashing everywhere"...

...look at 2.03...is any military jet pilot here and can tell me how they can drop flares like that?

it must be more than one plane..

come on..this is strange.

edit on 4-7-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
edit: no its the same quality...see above

but here is another video from that same area 2 days ago..quality sucks.,.but you can see that these are not flares...as they are not fainting

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
this is not normal guys...look again..the same poster.
Myrtle beach , North Carolina, 3 days ago (is anybody here from that area and can shed some light on if there is any military training airport there?)

Shaw Air Force Base, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Pope Army Airfield, Joint Base Charleston, Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, McEntire Joint National Guard Base, Naval Weapons Station Charleston.

...look at 2.03...is any military jet pilot here and can tell me how they can drop flares like that?

it must be more than one plane..

Military aircraft (at least fighters and attack aircraft) never fly in solos. There are always a minimum of two aircraft in the air at all times, usually at least four, sometimes more.

come on..this is strange.

No, it really isn't. They're simply flares dropped by planes.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
another guy filmed it the same night...heard a loud explosion before..

see the comments..people from that area are seeing this ..

dont you think they should know when there is a military training area around?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

so why dont you hear the jets that drop them...listen carefully...there is no noise at all...

so top secret planes?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

They're illumination flares. They hang under a parachute and burn for a long time. They're designed to light up the battlefield at night so pilots and observers can see, without having to rely on FLIR or nightvision.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Distance and wind. I see planes going overhead all the time and never hear a thing. And then I hear planes going overhead and never see them, because they're already past me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Loud explosion = dropping ordnance.

As for knowing when it's going on, if it's a military training range, such as a range on a military base there is no reason to tell people, as the military owns the bombing range, so there wouldn't be any civilians nearby to worry about. If you live near a range, you get used to it pretty quickly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join