It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex facebooker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I finally decided to delete my fb. I am undergoing the most stressful time in my life and needed to clear my head. Facebook is a huge stress and distraction.the only thing I enjoyed was the few members from ATS I was able to interact with daily. I will miss you guys on there. Ultimately it was a source of some depression and had contributed to part of my situation. People on there can be cruel and I don't need it. So with that said I'll be on here more
. See you all on the forum!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Good for you!!

I gave up facebook quite a while ago, between all the stupid stuff people put on there and the things I found out about information gathering I decided it was time to leave. I mean really, does a person have to update every 15 minutes describing what they are eating, wearing watching on tv, talking about with a friend?

I started to realize just how scary it was that so many people were on there basically printing out an hour by hour journal of their lives for everyone to see.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
FB misses you.....
edit on 26-6-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Tell em I love them all!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I just can't do it anymore. Its sucking the life from me. I want to smell the roses again.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I think they know. Stay strong and know that we love you.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Good to see you in a place, where you are able to clear your head. I'll be just a u2u away if you ever need to chat. I'm here daily. Wishing you the Best....

Des

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I fell out with the FB crowd back at the last DDos attack
I'd like to say I miss it
But I'd be lying

Welcome home

I'm still on FB but only so I can keep in touch with my kids. Bless them

Cody

edit on 26/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I live on facebook but tumblr is slowly becoming my new home. That and stumbleupon xD

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Sorry too hear that.
We miss you too. But you are right, when things don't work out in your private life
it's better to quit things that annoy you.

I hope you will get over these things and your life turns in the right direction.
You know we will be there for you, and you know where to find us.
One day you will be back, i guess.

Stay strong.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
For me, Facebook is just there to keep up with old friends and share pics with them. I don't use it for much more than that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have never used facebook nor had any real interest in it.

However, recently my employer asked me to sign up so I could comment on some of our companies public events and provide a sort of "voice" for us techies.

So, I signed up. I did what I needed to do. Then I looked around, One thing more than anything scared me.

How did it know who my friends were? I had a new account, never posted anything. My partner has her own account but has not posted much, kept her relationship status undefined, and has no particularly defining profile information on her timeline or whatever its called.

So, how on earth did it put her at the top of my list of "friends to add" ? We don't email each other, we didn't enter real address information when signing up. About the only legal thing that binds us is our joint bank account, and same address on our utility bills.

Frankly, this sent a chill down my spine

I have now deactivated my account, and have told my employer where to shove it. It is a scary website that some people are far to blinded to to see the dark side of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, same with me. I can talk to old Navy buds and look at/share pictures and such. Also, I check out my favorite Authors to see what's up.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Stone, you're doing what you need to do. Stay strong!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
We will always be there (and here) if you need us.

I hope you find solutions to all that life had thrown at you lately

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

LOL must've got sick of your knitting circle.

Funny how something that should be nothing more than a tool become so powerful in someones life it affects it negatively.

ahhh the future and our stupid problems, I'm sure thats what our ancestors would say.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Deleting your FB was the smartest thing you ever did, you'll see how much weight will be lifted off ur shoulders, its been 3 years since ive deleted mine. I do not miss it.

Grim

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Good for you! I hope your stressful situation gets resolved and that you're able to clear your head.

You're completely correct also, FB is a major distraction for people everywhere. I know a few who will spend hours on it daily, constantly checking up on their 1300 friends comments and updating their own thoughts every 10 minutes.

When I had FB, I used it to start conversations on important topics (or at least attempt to) but all people want to do on there is look at funny pictures and talk about their lives. Facebook largely is just a place for people to build their personal shrines so other people can look at them...

Hey guess what...? Most of us have extremely normal lives! Posting a picture of a hamburger you ate at lunch is NOT an important detail of your life, you DO NOT need to share this information. Yeah, we get it... we all eat food to stay alive, nothing special there.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I deleted mine in January, attempted to log in to my removed account 2 weeks ago after just under 6 months and voila there's my account, posts, images, 'friends'

As for the poster who said about friends, if you signed up via email, it may recommend your email contacts.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The FB Collective is saddened to hear of your temporary departure. In anticipation of your return, The Collective has retained your account information, contacts, pictures, friend lists, likes, dislikes, lolcatz, and hashtags, and will continue to monitor your activities day and night, until the end of time.

The Collective has also made accounts for your children and grandchildren, and will be happy to activate them when they are born.

The collective awaits your return.

Like?
edit on 26-6-2013 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join