It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Cloned by Owner for 100 K

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I suppose I'd feel the same toward a mistreated clone the way I'd feel toward any mistreated creature.

Just because he may have my face doesnt make it more upsetting. Mistreatment of any living thing is upsetting. To a point of course. Swat flies all day long.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes, understand what you mean. I dont know the world will be weird when people are publically cloning themselves . This day will come for sure. But I think it will be regulated eventually...

If the clones are for sale, it could start a whole new brand of slavery.
edit on 25-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think this isn't cloning but is replicating.

I think that true cloning would be to digitize your brain and upload it to a engineered body.
Then you have your personality, memories, likes and dislikes you have you basically, or do you?

Digital you inside a engineered organic body = ?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Mankinds constant search for someone else to do the work.

Consider generic clones. Not your face. Not mine. Not anyones.

They're a constant in scifi fiction. Strong, unintelligent, worker ants loosely resembling humans.

As we live now I doubt such a thing would be acceptable. Maybe if some twist or turn in our development placed a great number if individuals in extremely unsafe working environments the pressure of loved ones constantly dying or falling ill would make such a use of clones more palatable but as it stands we live in relative luxury where a dangerous job is marked by double digit deaths and people can be picky about what foods they eat and what home they live in. In a world like that any use not necessarily even abuse of a human looking life would be met with resistance and looked upon with disgust.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

They basically take the dna out of the egg cell of the surrogate mother and replace it with the others dna. And then force the pregnancy on using their own technology. This is how science creates the doubles.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
this is an evil planet.

cloning is perfect for it.

rich people can clone any parts they will need to stay alive and live for centuries.

its perfect.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Yep, but they wanted to make it public.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The biggest problem with cloning is the age of the clones cells at birth start at the age of the cells when the donor gave the cells for cloning. Clones don't usually live very long. Dolly the sheep, which was one of the first didn't survive long. Maybe it would work if the cells to be cloned were taken at an early age and stored for later.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I read that as "Dog Cloned Owner for 100 k".

Maybe one day....

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yep, this is the same problem with Star Treks Teleportation. It's basically a fax, What comes out may look, thank and feel he is you. Yet you died when they broke down your atoms than faxed you. I think the same is true for cloning.

What do you get with a clone? How would a human clone react? would it be different than a normal person? People forget, their clone would be closer to them having a kid, than a double of them. You think, they can stick the clone in a oven and heat it for 45 min and have a full grown you.

No matter your age, your clone is going to come into this world the regular way, born and have to grow. By the very definition it will be vastly different than you. Come to think about it, its going to be closer to Paris HIltion than you. It will grow up being the center or the world. Every first will be on T.V, the clone will be famous for being famous.

So, yeah It might be you, if you grew up like the Trueman show. While, I would hope, that if they are going to clone organs that they find a way to grow the organ itself and not have to have it grow in the host, just to later, kill it for its organs.

Well on that note, Suicide will now carry the death penalty. As the law states a Suicide is a murder in which the victim and the killer are the same person. So, will the people getting the harvested organs go to jail for it?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

They basically take the dna out of the egg cell of the surrogate mother and replace it with the others dna. And then force the pregnancy on using their own technology. This is how science creates the doubles.

So they have to basically kill another DNA and replace it with the DNA of that which you want cloned? In a way you're ending another persons chance at a life. That egg was intended for someone else or not to be used at all. I would hate to be a clone just because of that, knowing I were an usurper to another humans entire life. A squatter. Tresspasser. Vandal. Like a spy.Or an assassin who's a clone of the person they assassinated and then they take over their life and nobody knows...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Yep , precisely. They empty the egg of its DNA from its genetic mother.
edit on 26-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

I think as someone said the clone doesnt have any memories of its other self. As it were. So they probably have to go through a whole different set of situations/circumstances in life. And they have the innocence of the child.
A dog could never know it has a dead clone.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

how could you be so sure? I for one don't pretend every animal is stupid. The dog could be smart enough to look a picture on the wall and figure he is not the first.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

I didnt know animals can see photography. In that way.

edit on 27-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join