It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Esoteric AND Exoterics...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I, eso322, joined this site because of a Google search result regarding threads of supposed Esoteric and Exoteric nature.

Firstly, I would like to begin with what each is...

The Esoterics are the inner "supposed" secrets. Which IS NOT SECRET, even those who look into the arts think that this knowledge was hidden.

Esoteric knowledge can be found by asking yourself the right questions. Knowing who you are, what you are and why you are here so to speak. As well as who you want to be.

Most go through life not understanding the INNER SELF. Or the esoteric self. Or the individual self. Being esoteric means to seek KNOWLEDGE of the inner MYSTERIES or self mysteries and working to understand them and use them in their everyday lives. A journey that is never ending, just as one is always changing.

One cannot come to a conscience without Esoteric

While Exoteric tends to lean more toward understanding the universal mysteries, CONNECTED mysteries. Mysteries of the outside world. Or OUTER SELF. How everything is ultimately connected to itself... And what can be done to manipulate the outside world.

None of which was hidden.

One of the things that really got me going on this was a thread about esoterics solfeggio frequencies and sacred geometry and the assumption ofthis information being hidden for thousands of years.

This information was not hidden for thousands of years by organizations looking to foil mankind and our advancement as a species. We as a people began to care about mankind's technological advancement more than our spiritual advancement. We/you were distracted. You could have easily picked up an instrument ABLE to play these frequencies and found them just as the FIRST person who Discovered it did. By having the knowledge to question and not having the ignorance to just ignore the knowledge.

I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THE REST OF IT.

Will reconstruct it in the morning when I wake up. For know I will respond to comments and questions.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

........That's it. All that time wasted on getting to 20 posts for 1 page.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by eso322

........That's it. All that time wasted on getting to 20 posts for 1 page.

Your telling me. I'm just as disappointed. But do not be sad. Be inquisitive. Be interested.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In addition to our technological love story previously established dogma that is imposed on you does a great deal to hide many plain truths.

One such thing that I often think about has to with with the conscious mind. I think the conscious mind is really just a translation of the subconscious mind into words and communicable methods. Over time we fall into the trap of only consciously thinking in these methods, with words. Meanwhile, we then come to consider non verbal thought to be subconscious even though this is our default mode. The mode in which we make the greatest leaps and bounds from an early age. Over time we lose some of our capability to use our subconscious mind because of our love of verbal and other forms of translation of the subconscious.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

"This information was not hidden for thousands of years by organizations looking to foil mankind and our advancement as a species. "

Yeah, the truth behind those words is what people don't understand about the old esoteric orders: they often communicated in plain sight, but you had to cultivate a state of mind, a way of seeing, to know what those communications meant. So those who understood esoteric knowledge could get a message from seeing a painting, but those who didn't could see the painting and not see it. So there was no secret meeting place where the true secret society talks frankly, because they were talking frankly with each other, right out in the open, its just that non initiates couldn't hear it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
In addition to our technological love story previously established dogma that is imposed on you does a great deal to hide many plain truths.

One such thing that I often think about has to with with the conscious mind. I think the conscious mind is really just a translation of the subconscious mind into words and communicable methods. Over time we fall into the trap of only consciously thinking in these methods, with words. Meanwhile, we then come to consider non verbal thought to be subconscious even though this is our default mode. The mode in which we make the greatest leaps and bounds from an early age. Over time we lose some of our capability to use our subconscious mind because of our love of verbal and other forms of translation of the subconscious.

No words have ever been spoken more truly.

Are you a member of the occults...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue
reply to post by eso322

"This information was not hidden for thousands of years by organizations looking to foil mankind and our advancement as a species. "

Yeah, the truth behind those words is what people don't understand about the old esoteric orders: they often communicated in plain sight, but you had to cultivate a state of mind, a way of seeing, to know what those communications meant. So those who understood esoteric knowledge could get a message from seeing a painting, but those who didn't could see the painting and not see it. So there was no secret meeting place where the true secret society talks frankly, because they were talking frankly with each other, right out in the open, its just that non initiates couldn't hear it.

Yes and no. You should have said EXOTERIC ORDERS. Or orders of the occult. Exoteric is outisde world and esoteric is the innerself.

I am more into esoterics. The occults have never really interested me. Although I do use it to try and spread goodwill. Be it colors sights and sounds in my advertising contracts or through my philanthropy by the use of my Charity.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Okay, but that's an unusual definition of the word

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of ESOTERIC
a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone
b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group ; broadly : difficult to understand
a : limited to a small circle
b : private, confidential

occult means "hidden" exoteric means plainly viewable, common sense.
en.wikipedia.org...

The old occultists cultivated an inner state to be linked with one another.

edit on 25-6-2013 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2013 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Nah. I couldnt even give you a good definition of what "Occult" is even though Ive been lurking on this site for years. Dont bother too much with labels. Thanks to you I am now aware of the difference between esoteric and exoteric. Always learning lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

I learn yet again! hahaha

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

That would be wrong yet right at the same time.
edit on 25-6-2013 by eso322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
.... I think the conscious mind is really just a translation of the subconscious mind into words and communicable methods. Over time we fall into the trap of only consciously thinking in these methods, with words. Meanwhile, we then come to consider non verbal thought to be subconscious even though this is our default mode. The mode in which we make the greatest leaps and bounds from an early age. Over time we lose some of our capability to use our subconscious mind because of our love of verbal and other forms of translation of the subconscious.....

Yes and it makes one wonder : what happened in the first place that was followed by the *subconscious* got itself "veiled" behind the *conscious* which favors "this realm of physicality" as our current mode to translate our experience .... ....

Just a thought.

And thank you eso322 for starting this thread : )

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Great thread. Personally I believe that esoteric understanding for many only comes from great disappointment and hard ship in life to the point that you look elsewhere for understanding and meaning.

It really is not hidden in plain sight. You only look when life had brought you to the point of needing to find answers and then it takes a very long time to develop an understanding of how to look and understand what has always been 'in plain sight'. So much has been obfuscated for so long that only the most determined will see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eso322

One of the things that really got me going on this was a thread about esoterics solfeggio frequencies and sacred geometry and the assumption ofthis information being hidden for thousands of years.

Perhaps you didn't notice- this is a Conspiracy Theory website.
You are going to find a lot of people who believe the powerful are/have been keeping secrets from us on such a website.
If that gets you going, just wait until you find yourself on a dog -showing site- you'd be amazed how many people think having a dog with the perfect conformation is the goal of life.

What I have found is that esoterics do end up seeming "hidden" or kept in secret to people who are new to that direction of focus, and in some ways it is. I have had discussions with a Catholic priest on the esoteric type of truths and realities I had found in my isolation of many years, and found he was familiar with these concepts and experiences. But, he explained, there are so many people who are not there yet (or cannot or choose not to at this time) and they need a church building, where they think God can be found, and all the rest of the exoteric to help them.

In his view, the exoteric was something like the first stages of illumination and leaving that at some point was part of the spiritual evolution. He even refered me to a man who had been a priest and had left the church- refering to him as someone who had moved beyond it.

Now, considering that at a certain point in this kind of introverted study, individuals begin to reach a level in which our perceptions merge (we begin to discover the same laws, elements, constructs.... ) it indicates there is a shared non-physical reality, and that those who are aware of it have not been fully forthcoming on that.
But they understand that it is most important that each person find it on their own. If not, their focus remains on others and exterior, which does not lead to inner personal empowerment.

But I keep wondering... if you just signed up here, how did you get to start a thread right away??? Did the rules change on that here??

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
It really is not hidden in plain sight. You only look when life had brought you to the point of needing to find answers and then it takes a very long time to develop an understanding of how to look and understand what has always been 'in plain sight'. So much has been obfuscated for so long that only the most determined will see it.

Well put. *

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, science is making the understanding of things in this world difficult. They take things into multiple pieces and examine all the pieces to explain things. This takes away from the simplicity of thought. If you observe the pattern and compare it to the circumstances, you do not need big specialized science specific words to explain it. It can be explained in common language. I have to use scientific words sometimes to explain things to people but I see often that I dissuade them because they don't totally understand the words and feel intimidated. This is not my intent, I prefer to take things to the simplest form to explain them. I deeply study the principles that science uses so I can translate their words to common words.

This creation of scientific words specific to the field of science is a way of duping people. Unless you can translate the words between the sciences and to the regular language you cannot check if the information is correct in nature. Having five different words for the same or similar thing that are particular to the science that is being studied is just a way of guaranteeing your field of science is supposedly needed.

Yes, they are hiding things from regular people by complicating them past the point of recognition. It is not just the hidden meaning in a painting. In art, the interpretation is made by what we know or perceive, very few people's interpretation will be alike. Same with religion, you compare the texts with the beliefs and knowledge you hold and this creates a perception. Consciousness is already there in both cases, it is interpretation to you that counts. I cannot say that I feel someones perception of arts and music is bad, it is dependent on their mood at the time, which is directly related to the situation. Frequencies are in constant change, as the earth's frequency changes, we either adapt or the change will result in us getting sick. We have to adjust our diet constantly to comply with these changes, that is governed a lot by cravings, a communications from our junk DNA and our subconscious.

Our subconscious is formed and locked when we are young. Trying to communicate with it is important when you get older. When you are young, it is automatic, which is sometimes troublesome if you have not been conditioned in youth to have morals and to be civil. We are not just animals, even animals aren't just animals. Everything has consciousness and most times shared consciousness. Science implies that we have lost collective consciousness yet scientists consistently use this communication link to communicate with each other. They themselves think they are smart when in essence they just have a better link to others in their science. We are trained to capitalize on this link.

I think this is relevant to the thread, but than that is my perception. Everything is relevant in this world to everything else, everything is connected someway.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I am more into esoterics........ .

These Esoterics + Exoterics big words are completely new to me. However, if I understand well, I am more into esoterics, too.

Here are 3 paintings, which one would you pick?

The 1st painting is a placid lake surrounded by mountains. It was beautiful scene; the surface of the lake was perfectly still and conveyed a peaceful feeling.

The 2nd painting showed a snowscape. It evoked the silence after a snowfall, a deep silence that went beyond mere lack of noise, because the snow banks absorbed all sound.

The 3rd painting, which featured a waterfall. There was a tree next to the waterfall. One of the branches of the tree held a nest. A bird was sleeping inside that nest.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The 1st painting is a placid lake surrounded by mountains. It was beautiful scene; the surface of the lake was perfectly still and conveyed a peaceful feeling.
reply to post by CamyoW

And a hammock.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

When's the rest of this post happening?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I was under a posting ban brother just got reactivated.

I will be diving into the three main roots of the esoteric s, in which all CONSCIOUSNESS flows from science and religion and how they make up Philosophy... A smart person make up their own religion...Or cult you could say from their journey into the esoteric. However if one was to create their own religion...reality...they would need to read into completely and wildly. I will be going into how all words are connected to one. And the POWER contained within.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join