It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By whose power did Jesus heal the sick?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by deadeyedick

Does that mean no one can heal in GOD'S name without being accused of serving satan. How would we react to someone that could heal like Jesus did?

That's precisely what the entire world is going to find out when the Anti-Christ arrives.

That's why you have to hold strong to the faith, because what's coming is going to be the most deceiving than anyone has ever witnessed before.

Stay close to God in order to not be deceived.
I see it a bit different. There is an oil that many churches hold but they were not given the complete recipe because the physical healing is just one side of it. I view it that jesus only healed or cleaned the house of those that had faith to keep a clean house. When the ones that start healing those without faith then all sorts of things will move into that house. The healing will not last.

I don't think that any healing will be done is Jesus of Nazareth name that does not come from GOD. However their will be those just using the name jesus or messiah or in the name of god without defining what their god is. Their lies will be easily recognizable by those who know his love. I'm just going off the verses speaking of healing and baptizing.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

When the ones that start healing those without faith then all sorts of things will move into that house. The healing will not last.

True.

Just remember, the Anti-Christ will be dealt a fatal injury in which he is raised back to life. The Anti-Christ will tell us that he's the one who's capable of resurrecting everyone.

Just like you said, the Anti-Christ will not last, but he will come with his "lying signs and wonders" to try getting everyone to believe that he is the real deal, when he's not.

Many people will be confused unless they know their scriptures.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Does that mean no one can heal in GOD'S name without being accused of serving satan. How would we react to someone that could heal like Jesus did?

That's precisely what the entire world is going to find out when the Anti-Christ arrives.

That's why you have to hold strong to the faith, because what's coming is going to be the most deceiving than anyone has ever witnessed before.

Stay close to God in order to not be deceived.
I see it a bit different. There is an oil that many churches hold but they were not given the complete recipe because the physical healing is just one side of it. I view it that jesus only healed or cleaned the house of those that had faith to keep a clean house. When the ones that start healing those without faith then all sorts of things will move into that house. The healing will not last.

I don't think that any healing will be done is Jesus of Nazareth name that does not come from GOD. However their will be those just using the name jesus or messiah or in the name of god without defining what their god is. Their lies will be easily recognizable by those who know his love. I'm just going off the verses speaking of healing and baptizing.

Let's not forget that the power to heal is one of the 12 gifts of the Holy Spirit. The problem is people abuse this gift. Most aren't doing it for the glory of God, but only self gain. That's why Jesus said the following:

Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Satan has the power to heal to.

Jesus healed through the power of the Holy Spirit.
edit on 25-6-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So anyone who could actually engage with the holy spirit and heal would really be demonized right now because of what is coming. any super natural events unless it is someone coming in the literal clouds would likely be confusing people right now.
so the world continues to suffer and many ways of the past have been taken off the table because of a lack of faith and understanding. That is quite a corner we believers are standing in.Another thing that has been on my mind this time of year is all the wheat and tare parables. The only way to gather wheat is to cut it down.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, but God doesn't intend for his children to suffer wrath, at least not the ones who have accepted him before the times of great tribulation come upon us.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

Believe it or not, there are people who are casting spells and performing "signs and wonders" and even practicing healing themselves in the names of other gods. I've studied this side of demonology. In order for the best demons to deceive people, they too have SOME ability to imitate God in order to lead people astray. One of those things includes "healing", albeit temporary. These things will all be used to deceive people during the coming time of the Anti-Christ.

I'm pretty sure it's not in satan or the son of perdition's interest to heal anyone at all. He has no power of his own. Notice when Jesus went in to the wilderness to be tried, satan kept trying to give Jesus what already belonged to him? People do not understand as second Adam he is the Lord of the Earth and he demonstrated his mastery over it many times. Satan trying to promise to give Christ things that already belong to him is like a thief trying to sell you back your own stuff, after you sat and watched them steal it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think most of what satan does will be parlor tricks and deception. I don't think he can pull of what i have found because the Holy Spirit has to be in agreement to do real miracles. I think the other will be similar to cris angels tricks of walking on water.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So, just out of curiosity, what does Deuteronomy 13:1-5 mean to you?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So, just out of curiosity, what does Deuteronomy 13:1-5 mean to you?

It's speaking about false prophets, but signs or wonders can mean a lot of things, particularly to people back then who saw comets, and passing asteroids and able to predict them using primitive astronomy.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I think most of what satan does will be parlor tricks and deception. I don't think he can pull of what i have found because the Holy Spirit has to be in agreement to do real miracles. I think the other will be similar to cris angels tricks of walking on water.

Illusion would fit his modus operandi.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I admire your rock solid faith.
Me?? Well ... it's pretty hard to keep it up like that when I'm going through chronic illness.
The cross gets heavy ... ya' know?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I admire your rock solid faith.
Me?? Well ... it's pretty hard to keep it up like that when I'm going through chronic illness.
The cross gets heavy ... ya' know?

Yeah I know. I've had half my intestines cut out. Before then I was in pain 24/7. People used to think I was introverted because I didn't talk a lot. That wasn't the case. It was taking all of my concentration to keep from screaming to death. I lived like that for 4 years. When I turned 18 I finally had enough and told my doctor to cut it all out. I had ulcerative colitis and when the docs had finally removed my colon it literally fell apart when air hit it, they said it was completely black and blue and rotted and if they hadn't got it out then I probably would have died in a few hours.

I've been though a lot in my life. Sometimes the Lord takes us to the edge when we got nothing left, even to the point we're perishing, and all we can do is hold onto him and just trust in him. That's the lesson I take away from him calming the stormy seas in Matthew 8:23-27. He took me to the edge, and it finally completed this passed March when I thought my wife miscarried our son. I know he didn't bring me out of Egypt just to destroy me, then I went to the ER waiting room when my in laws showed up and went to see, and I sat down and picked up a Gideon's bible and flipped it open to the book of Psalms and started reading all the passages about trusting in the Lord and it finally hit home exactly what It means to trust him. Trusting in him means that we accept him at his word and believe that he can do the things he says he can do, leave our worries and ourselves behind and stop being afraid and keep moving foreward and not turning back.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by GodIsRelative

By whose power did Jesus heal the sick?

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Right answer....Occams razor

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Through God's Holy Spirit, he had unlimited amount to draw on and heal those that had even the tiniest amount of faith(mustard seed size). Anybody that traveled to see Jesus must have had some faith that he could do it or they would not have made the effort. They never had fast transport so effort was required, and often Jesus was surrounded by people, and his primary disciples tried to protect him at times.

As for today, I see the posts of those with challenging health conditions, miracles of healing is not happening like they happened in the first century. I wish they did, but that just isn't God's way right now, in the future the bible promises that will all be gone. I have seen some really good Christians struck down over the years, it has convinced me God has a non-interference policy in place right now on individuals. It doesn't mean he doesn't care.
Jesus cried with all his friends when Lazarus died, and he was going to fix that problem very fast.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Family ie Source and Love, the whole Loving Higher Up Family connected by the Spirit of Peace and Love, and our own Infinite Oversoul/Higher Self, are all a part of the Healing Team, including, your family and loved ones who have passed over already, and those that are overseeing your lifetime, as your guides, and including ETs.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Christ resurrected Lazarus he was stone cold dead and had no faith.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

exactly.It takes no faith of the person to be raised from the dead or resurrected.Technically Yahoshua is the only resurrected.When someone was raised it was into a body of flesh that will die again.Everyone that received a "miracle" received it "through" faith that was "given" them by God.God is in both sides of the equation and the sum.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

God is in both sides of the equation and the sum.

Without going into mathematical jargon, what's the point in that?

If you think God is the one playing us against each other, tell me why you think so.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
LOL He had faith or he would not have been returned. His flesh was dead but there was still life with faith somewhere waiting. I'm thinking that the faith is not required for healing but for keeping that which is healed in order. It would do no good to heal someone that would just go against GOD again.
edit on 29-6-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

God is in both sides of the equation and the sum.

Without going into mathematical jargon, what's the point in that?

If you think God is the one playing us against each other, tell me why you think so.

You are writing words into what I wrote.I never said God is playing us against each other.I simply said that God is the cause behind everything and is analogous to an equation and God is in all parts of it...to not be means he isn't God...and yes ... I know this concept is incomprehensible because we aren't in all parts of the equation.

edit on 29-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join