It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I wonder if he's selling information to the Chinese and Russians. The two countries along makes me wonder what he is exposing to them.

He was clearly selling information on the types of systems & programs used by allied countries in the West to spy/defend on or against Russians & Chinese hackers and how they could penetrate them to steal more intelligence and billion $ military programs, he was clearly recruited long ago to act as a Russian/Chinese agent, and disappear into exile under the false claims he was exposing privacy issues and that he's this "good guy" BS he's a traitor and only the clued up members on here spotted something wasn't right

Oh i'm just exposing the "potential" of the NSA spy program "that could" "but is not" used to spy on the public for no good reason at all lol

Yeah and as soon as the public has there misinformed confused sheep way and the program is forced to shut, western countries are at huge risk of all sorts of cyber attacks, terrorist attacks, retail technology attacks

MORONS!!! UTTER MORON ON HERE

Where have all the smart people gone on ATS?
edit on 23-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He's off to Moscow on his way to "freedom"?

Its more like from the frying pan (U.S.) into the Fire (Russia).

Yes if you are still living in the 1960 but today the USA with its spying, double talk and NSA agents on every corner it is safe to say that Russia respects democracy and privacy a lot more then those puppets that run the USA

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

This is fantastic news, i'm very glad that he has been able, so far, to evade captivity and Russia have done the right thing by enabling him safe passage.

The USA are already after Assange and now they want this guy, and decent nations have done the right thing by helping these men.
I hope more people keep coming forward to reveal just how crooked, digracefiul and far-reaching governments have become and how freedoms continue to be eroded every day.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The whole thing with Snowden is tricky.

IF his intentions were to "sell" info to foreign governments, why would he go "public" with all the drama?

It would be "better" to just stay on the inside and keep providing info for a price.

Many possibilities.

Maybe the info so far revealed is actually outdated ?
Perhaps the latest programs are far more advanced.?

Also consider this could be some sort of deep scheme by the White House.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
I think its more than obvious Snowden has been recruited by Russia & Chinese Intelligence agency's to sell out his own country

He's probably already told the Chinese everything he knows about the US & UK national security programs and is now en route to Russia to share it with them to,

He'll be a very wealthy man till he's caught

You have stated what many people think... that I have talked to... in the city I live in; whether Snowden has actually done the above; (I really don't know). I hope and pray he has not...however I think it is a distinct possibility.

edit on 23-6-2013 by caladonea because: edit

I think you guys are being really short sighted.. why would he be attempting to make all kinds of money off of this, knowing that it would jeopardize his life? That was not his objective, and if he shares the information, it would be to illustrate that these huge corporations have all of this information on those countries which is illegal, isn't it? One thing for the gov't to possess classified information about other governments, but another thing entirely for a bunch of corporations to obtain and posess that knowledge and in turn utilize it for their own purposes and advantages. In my opinion, if he chose to tell some of these governments the nature and depth of the surveillance, it would be to forewarn them about the current rules of the game.. I really don't think he's trying to cash in on the whole thing, thereby in turn jeopardizing his entire life.. That just doesn't sound right to me..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
reply to post by VirusGuard

This is fantastic news, i'm very glad that he has been able, so far, to evade captivity and Russia have done the right thing by enabling him safe passage.

The USA are already after Assange and now they want this guy, and decent nations have done the right thing by helping these men.
I hope more people keep coming forward to reveal just how crooked, digracefiul and far-reaching governments have become and how freedoms continue to be eroded every day.

It is fantastic news for Russia & China i agree

Successfully recruiting a NSA Worker to sell them secrets

Successfully creating some more good ole Anti West propaganda for turning the public against there governments

Chinese hackers are probably having a beer right now while trawling over more military programs to copy

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What is it with you all with money, some people have principles you know, if he sold the info then he would be a spy, but he gave the info he had away as i have said before the newspapers he gave the info to may of picked up his HK hotel tab which is fair enough in the circumstances.

Too many Americans will do anything for a quick buck & that ideology is finally bringing the USA down.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I guess you're saying he's a Psy-Op of some sort.. I suppose that could be true, and if that were the case, he would still have been hired by the US Gov. to do these things.. So I guess we could say that the NSA is doing this to themselves, and in the process then, selling themselves to The Russians and the Chinese. Warsaw Pact countries as well. I guess that would fit in with the current NWO agenda.

However, that certainly is twisted: albeit plausible. To be honest with you though, Mr. Snowden is a little too well spoken, and a little too understanding of the law, to strike me as someone who is simply working for the NSA as a Psy-Op of some sort, to sell out to these other Gov. authorities to further injure American Gov interests.. In my opinion, he has great clarity and understands that this type of surveillance corruption is excessive and far too dangerous. Originally he had stated that with these surveillance records, ANYONE, could be MISCONSTRUED as being somehow a "terrorist" or sympathizer of "traitorous activity". It's that type of negligent misconstruction however, that is absolutely wrong. I think that is why he came out with the info. I will give an example, someone goes to a couple of right wing websites to observe news and perspective, and will suddenly be associated with said website simply for observing issues, news, and topics. You can't criminalize people that way simply by association. Same thing with dialing a wrong number.. let's say you accidentally dial the phone number of a mafia member or something.. suddenly you're implicated in that person's wrong doing? It's a cheap example but apparently that is what these type of surface surveillance records, can lead to. Problems of this sort, are some of the things Snowden attempts to identify and correct..

edit on 23-6-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802

Originally posted by caladonea

I think its more than obvious Snowden has been recruited by Russia & Chinese Intelligence agency's to sell out his own country

He's probably already told the Chinese everything he knows about the US & UK national security programs and is now en route to Russia to share it with them to,

He'll be a very wealthy man till he's caught

You have stated what many people think... that I have talked to... in the city I live in; whether Snowden has actually done the above; (I really don't know). I hope and pray he has not...however I think it is a distinct possibility.

edit on 23-6-2013 by caladonea because: edit

I think you guys are being really short sighted.. why would he be attempting to make all kinds of money off of this, knowing that it would jeopardize his life? That was not his objective, and if he shares the information, it would be to illustrate that these huge corporations have all of this information on those countries which is illegal, isn't it? One thing for the gov't to possess classified information about other governments, but another thing entirely for a bunch of corporations to obtain and posess that knowledge and in turn utilize it for their own purposes and advantages. In my opinion, if he chose to tell some of these governments the nature and depth of the surveillance, it would be to forewarn them about the current rules of the game.. I really don't think he's trying to cash in on the whole thing, thereby in turn jeopardizing his entire life.. That just doesn't sound right to me..

This makes much more sense then what others are insinuating....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirusGuard

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He's off to Moscow on his way to "freedom"?

Its more like from the frying pan (U.S.) into the Fire (Russia).

Yes if you are still living in the 1960 but today the USA with its spying, double talk and NSA agents on every corner it is safe to say that Russia respects democracy and privacy a lot more then those puppets that run the USA

I think I might agree with that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What the heck?

Russian airline Aeroflot confirms Snowden has bought ticket from Moscow to Havana - @NBCNews

(Source: Breaking News)

Anyone know exactly what the air route is to get to Havana? Why go there as a stop over? It's directly adjacent to and literally within Air Defense and US Air Power coverage of the prison Obama would likely most enjoy putting him under.

Does the flight ever technically cross into U.S. Airspace? It's been a good many years but planes have been forced down between 3rd party nations by very armed and very serious U.S. fighters before. This should be interesting to see.

** Added

Here's the story on the last one I was thinking about for context....

On Oct. 10, U.S. Navy F-14s forced the jetliner to land at Sigonella, Sicily, with the four Palestinians who hijacked the Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro.

The plane had been flying the four to the Tunisian headquarters of the Palestine Liberation Organization under an agreement that ended the two-day Achille Lauro hijacking, in which an elderly American passenger was killed.
(Source: AP Archive Story - Nov. 1985)

As I recall reading Richard Marcinko's one non-fiction book about Seal Six when he formed it, that incident almost caused a small war with Italy right on the tarmac. There is precedent and that's REAL CLOSE. Almost sticking his tongue out at them as he flies by. Odd way of doing this...and on a private airliner at that? Hmm..
edit on 23-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Latest news from CBC states Snowden landed in Russia and is headed to Ecuador
Link:
news.ca.msn.com...
edit on 23-6-2013 by Beartracker16 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have never defended the USA spying on it's citizens. I have said very clearly that I am glad that we all now know the extent of the NSA spying on American citizens.

Greetings, fellow American.
Quite frankly, you don't have the foggiest idea of the extent of anything related to the matter of NSA surveillance.
A brave young man by the name of Edward Snowden gave the Washington Post and the Guardian a 41 page document to publish. You have seen 3 pages of it.
That's it. Three whole pages of a Microsoft Power Point Presentation for chrissake--- meaning mainly consisting of corny graphics and large fonts.
¿Comprendé?
Your “freedom of the press” is such that USGov Corp.® won't allow them to even show you any more pages from that one, solitary, kid-friendly, document which boils down to, say, two whole paragraphs of actual text if it were typed out longhand.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have very clearly said that the USA isn't as bad as China and Russia. And I have given proof.
You have failed to give proof that the USA is as bad as China and Russia. You have failed to
show why Snowden would find the freedoms he supposedly is fighting for in China and Russia.

First-off, I am no anti-USA fool.
Secondly, “kudos” to you for realizing that the Cold War never really ended
–I mean that; but you go and negate that positive trait by pretending that we can claim the moral superiority that we could have, legitimately, in 1948.

I know that you are not 3 years old but “Good vs. Bad”?
Seriously?

I'm at a loss as to how exactly you're able to fail to see the futility involved in judging (rather than just comparing and contrasting) entire nations and cultures comprised of hundreds of millions of human beings, as well as continuing to obstinately refuse to realize the sheer inanity of your own argument.
There's 300,000,000 people here and nearly 2,000,000,000 combined in the (former-)USSR regions+China.
You are making blanket statements that are supposed to cover everyone?

A Chinese opium farmer in Yunnan Province is less free than here? Here, in the good ‘ol U-S of A where every 1 in 300 of our people is rotting away in Federal Prison for committing the crime of possessing the extract of the very same residue which that unfortunate and “un-free” Chinese farmer grows and smokes?

Gimme a break – I could play this game all day
–screw the blanket B&W generalities, the real Patriots amongst us have a sad heart at seeing this country go to hell in a handbasket so fast. That's why what we're doing is WORSE. We had the moral high ground at one point.
Russia and friends never claimed to....(they get +1 for honesty – or +1 for not lying, to be more accurate).
Just like how, in Russia, nobody ever says, with a perfectly straight face, “if you don't like how things are going then go vote.” – because they get it – that powerful people rig the game.
Here –on this very site– not an hour goes by where some poor fool doesn't say exactly that, with zero sense of irony.
To be an adult in America today and to believe that your freedom is not slowly, resolutely becoming a carefully constructed illusion a lá The Truman Show —is a crime, in my book.

People will be left with the freedom to be willfully ignorant, and that's it–

Be well,
~E.C.
edit on 23-6-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The whole thing with Snowden is tricky.

IF his intentions were to "sell" info to foreign governments, why would he go "public" with all the drama?

It would be "better" to just stay on the inside and keep providing info for a price.

Many possibilities.

Maybe the info so far revealed is actually outdated ?
Perhaps the latest programs are far more advanced.?

Also consider this could be some sort of deep scheme by the White House.

Firstly

He needs a motive,

Here's a motive

Considering 90% of the posts on here are Anti US or West in nature, i assume he had be subjected to similar conspiracy's over the years to the point he wanted to act upon them....

Giving half of you the chance to stab your own countries in the back after being feed propaganda conspiracy's one after another

Id say he was like minded,

Secondly...

If he was going to expose anything he was sworn to secrecy by law, regardless if he was just exposing that the NSA "could" have access to your information if they requested it from a huge database, should you be suspected of anything, or weather he was spying for Russia & China to give them information on the programs and how the systems work in order for them to bypass and hack, he would still be charged under similar laws

The fact is it doesn't ,matter he would still be in alot of trouble to reviling things he was sworn to secrecy to not talk about especially not his country biggest enemies and a rising superpower looking to knock the US of its spot

All he needed was a motive to do it... and the reassurance that he would be safe in exile

He's sold out, he's batting for the other team, simple

Most of you given half the chance would sell out your own countries that you come on here to read BS conspiracy's about on a daily basis so why wouldn't Snowden?

He defected to communist China and now is en route to sell more secrets to Russia

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1
Apparently his US Passport has been revoked.

This could be a major problem...

I think he is still able to travel; you're making a good point nonetheless. To continue travelling, he and his staff of helpers would have to have some really involved knowledge concerning asylum and international laws. I believe his "wikileaks advisers" though, that are apparently travelling with him, I believe that they should have those types of points and concerns covered. Asylum and extradtion law certainly are interesting.. Good idea to do some research about it all.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It is fantastic news for Russia & China i agree

Successfully recruiting a NSA Worker to sell them secrets

Successfully creating some more good ole Anti West propaganda for turning the public against there governments

Chinese hackers are probably having a beer right now while trawling over more military programs to copy

Uh huh, you keep listening to fox news ok? You keep believing that you're living in cold war USA in the 60's.

This guy did the right thing, nothing you can say will change that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I think you guys are being really short sighted..

Me too. IIRC, Mr. Snowden originally released this information to let the American people know THEY are being spied on. Big time.

Snowden said he instigated one of the biggest government leaks in U.S. history to inform the public of what he called "the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life."

www.cbsnews.com...

Seems there is an orchestrated effort afoot to deflect from the fact that the peeping toms are looking at US. Ooooh, look over there ~ Its all those bad guys over there who don't like being spied on. We're fine with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Uhh you beat me to it Wrabbit!!

I know huh, this guy was just in Russia and now to Havana. This is the part where he *mucked* up. Now he's putting his life as risk and too close for home.

Guys the boy is getting help but from who??

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. First, it was "Johnny Good Citizen," spilling the beans about an unlawful breach of the privacy for citizens of the the United States by the National Security Agency. The guy was tauted as a hero, and a George Washington for our day. Everyone celebrated the man's selfless act, and echoed his name at the dinner table, around the coffee pots at work, and in the smoking areas. Hero this and hero that. However, what was not reported to the extent of his so-called patriotic endeavor is his friendliness to his former Chinese hosts while on vacation in Hong Kong.

EXCLUSIVE: Snowden reveals more US cyberspying details

US spies are hacking into Chinese mobile phone companies to steal text messages and attacking the servers at Tsinghua University, Edward Snowden has told the Sunday Morning Post.

Willfully surrending information to the Chinese about the cyber warfare activities by the United States? So, now this becomes a matter of leaking military secrets to a country that at times has been quite difficult to get along with. Furthermore, giving secrets to a country that has been alleged to have breached sensitive US networks for military intelligence, trade secrets, commerce, ect. There is quite a bit about these accusations in the link below.

China Hacking US

Now, I wonder why he would give US intelligence secrets to the Chinese about the same things China seems to be doing to the US? Does giving aide and comfort to a foreign power ring a bell? Apparently, we are seeing the kinks and dents to that suit of armor that many of our friends have so graciously afforded Mr. Edward Snowden? Now, he is on his way to Moscow, and I can assure you his visit is not for pierogies or vodka. Maybe a good hearted chat with the folks at the FSB?

I noticed someone in a previous post mentioned this man in the same breath as Paul Revere? To that end, it would mean that Paul Revere would have made his famous ride warning the Massachuessette's rebels about British troop movements, and then turning around on that horse and giving sensitive information about rebel hideouts, weapons caches, and general militia strength to none other than British General Thomas Gage. In my humble opinion, that is what Mr. Snowden is doing. Perhaps, we can put his name alongside Aldrich Ames, Robert Hanssen, or Jonathan Pollard? In the meantime, it would be reasonable to view this man with a healthy dose of skepticism.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Don't know my friend, it seems as though, the usg is also a bit misbehaved. I think that should sum things a bit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join