It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barium used to analyse prehistoric teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
One of the staples of the chemtrail meme is that we are all being sprayed with barium to kill us or some other nefarious intent, and pretty much any barium at all in any environment or body samples (hair, blood, etc) is used as proof of this.

So it is with some interest that I found this article on using barium to analyse prehistoric teeth -

They found that both in humans and macaques, the ratio of the elements barium and calcium in the teeth revealed what the baby had been eating when those teeth formed. The researchers analyzed the enamel (the outer layer of the tooth) and the dentine (the mineralized layer that supports the enamel).

The parts of the teeth that form in the gums before birth have very little barium, Arora said, probably because only a small amount of the element gets into the fetus through the placenta. After birth, barium spikes and stays high in the tooth enamel and dentine. If a baby transitions to formula, the barium levels get even higher, as formula has even higher levels of barium than breast milk.

having established this from modern human and monkey teeth, they applied it to a 100,000 year old Neanderthal tooth:

Barium has the advantage of resiliency compared with other elements, so Arora and his colleagues tested their new method on a very old tooth. They used a molar from the Scladina Neanderthal, a fossilized juvenile found in Belgium.

Similar patterns as in humans and macaques appeared: a barium increase at birth, which stayed high until the Neanderthal was about 7 months old. At that point, the tooth indicated, the Neanderthal baby went into a transitional diet, consuming breast milk supplemented by solid food.

Which makes a mockery of any claim that it's all new, or it's all added to jet fuel, or anything else that fails to acknowledge that barium is in the "natural environment"!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Great thread.

Barium is also used in:
  • Fireworks to give a green coloration.
  • Glass-making.
  • Used as a "getter" in the electronics industry to remove the last traces of gases in vacuum tubes.
  • Used in medicine as an X-Ray contrast medium in the form of a barium meal (barium sulphate).

There are many uses for barium.

High amounts of barium may be found in soils and in food such as nuts, seaweed, fish and certain plants. Because of the extensive use of barium in the industries, human activities add greatly to the release of barium in the environment. As a result, barium concentrations in air, water, and soil may be higher than naturally occurring concentrations in many locations.

And:

The amount of barium that is detected in food and water usually is not high enough to become a health concern.

Barium is everywhere. And most places it is not sufficient enough to be a hazard to humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great thread again. Not only is it good information about Chemtrials but it shows who is assisting the chemtrail cover up and who to dismiss as trolls.

There is not to many conspiracies at all that these hard core con-trailers believe in? They Always downplay and/or reject valid conspiracy theories.

They come on almost if not every Chemtrail thread like they have a warning beeper that alerts that a chemtrail thread or post has been submitted.

IMO one would be nuts or part of the conspiracy if they were to almost live on a subject they don't believe in. I don't believe in unicorns nor do I agree with certainty religions but I don't sit waiting to bash every thread and post about things I don't agree with.

Something is very strange about the anti Chemtrail posters here on Ats. Looking at all the chemtrail threads you will find these guys in them all. Just notice how many of the treads they bombard to the final post.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Great thread again. Not only is it good information about Chemtrials but it shows who is assisting the chemtrail cover up and who to dismiss as trolls.

There is not to many conspiracies at all that these hard core con-trailers believe in? They Always downplay and/or reject valid conspiracy theories.

They come on almost if not every Chemtrail thread like they have a warning beeper that alerts that a chemtrail thread or post has been submitted.

IMO one would be nuts or part of the conspiracy if they were to almost live on a subject they don't believe in. I don't believe in unicorns nor do I agree with certainty religions but I don't sit waiting to bash every thread and post about things I don't agree with.

Something is very strange about the anti Chemtrail posters here on Ats. Looking at all the chemtrail threads you will find these guys in them all. Just notice how many of the treads they bombard to the final post.

Couldn't come up with something so you just repost your reply from another thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even a little effort would suffice...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
...it shows who is assisting the chemtrail cover up and who to dismiss as trolls.

And then there are those who come in almost every "chemtrail" thread to attack other posters instead of attacking the evidence. What, you can't debunk the evidence above, so instead you have to lower yourself even further to attack other posters who disagree with you, or present evidence contrary to your beliefs and opinions?

Or is it that you're mad that barium is everywhere in nature; in the air, water, food, and that it's not really occurring due to the "chemtrail" hoax?

Originally posted by fireyaguns
I don't sit waiting to bash every thread and post about things I don't agree with.

Yet, here you are, just like in other "chemtrail" threads, bashing other posters who post things you don't agree with.

There is always more than one side to a story. There are many gullible people in the world who would believe in the "chemtrail" hoax if it weren't for real researchers presenting real scientific evidence showing how "chemtrails" are not real and can't be.

So yes, when a "chemtrail" hoax thread pops up and claims something that has not and cannot be proven scientifically, then there are those of us who like to make sure the facts are accurate.

We're sorry that we have to keep proving time and time again that "chemtrails" aren't real, haven't been scientifically proven, and is only a fear-mongering tactic to keep people scared every time they go outside.

You should do yourself a favor and stop coming in these threads and calling others names like "trolls", and start presenting some actual evidence to disprove what we're saying. Otherwise, why bother even posting in these threads? You just make yourself look even more less-credible with every personal attack you dish out.

new topics

top topics

join