It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Dad" got lung cancer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by rickymouse

People should stay away from carageenan period .
I wont touch it .

They stick it in food so we don't negatively react to it. It dampens the allergenic properties of milk by killing our ability to properly stage an immune response towards it...and other things we need to fight. It will cause the bones to increase the output of new macrophages though, something that has dire problematic consequences sometimes.

It is considered organic even though it is processed so it doesn't even have to be listed as an ingredient if the company doesn't want to. The FDA is such a great organization

edit on 17-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OP I am going to make this really simple

ATS is the very last place you should go to for medical advice.

If i were you i would be looking at the like of Cancer Research and find out if their are any Cancer support charities local to you where you could visit them for advice and so on or if you can speak to a few medical professionals.

ATS however is not where you are going to find solid Cancer advice.

out of curiosity, what type of lung Cancer does your dad have?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I read this yesterday, it makes sense

articles.mercola.com... m_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130616

It talks about a diet consisting of non starchy veggies, and lean proteins. Eliminating sugar, and grains completely.
Worth the read.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

In regards to his chemo, id like to try some alternative things before he starts it.

Do not "try" anything at the expense of delaying chemotherapy.
Time is of the essence in cancer treatment. A delay of a month or two can make the difference.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I had two kinds of breast cancer in 2011, one was aggressive. I went the traditional route of chemo and radiation. I got away with just a lumpectomy and they removed 4 lymph nodes. So far, so good.

I was too frightened to trust alternative cures. Many people who have gone the traditional route have lived for many, many years.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Johnkie

In regards to his chemo, id like to try some alternative things before he starts it.

Time is of the essence in cancer treatment. A delay of a month or two can make the difference.

Except to adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Sugar feeds cancer, and lowers immunity to all illnesses.

If doing chemo, a healthy immune system is a must.

**not saying to change diet at the expense of delaying chemo, I'm saying that chemo is hard on a person.
If someone has found out that they have cancer, they should make sure their diet is as healthy as possible, immediately.
We should all be adopting healthier diets, lifestyles with the amount of pollution that surrounds us.
edit on 17-6-2013 by snowspirit because: Clarifying

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"The Gerson Therapy". Will cure any type of cancer and other serious diseases. Google it. They have a hospital in Mexico because its illegal in the US to treat patients with their remedy. Which is all natural holistic treatments. There is a documentary on Netflix that will greatly impact your life if you have the time to sit down and watch it. "The Gerson Miracle" is what you can find it under. Usually im a lurker but my Grandma is currently in the hospital about to die and I feel like if she would have underwent their treatment instead of listening to these poor misled Doctors...I wouldnt carry this guilt.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
All I can offer your dad is a prayer.

I hate Cancer. I wish I had some sound advice.

Right after my post I will pray for a full recovery.

I hope you are not offended. It's all I got.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

My mother was in her 60's with cnacer when 1/2 a lung was removed. 10 years later...she had 1/2 of the other removed...she lived relatively normally until she passed at 80...from a blood infection, not cancer. She had been a smoker.

And yet...my one grandfather died from lung cancer with grandfather smoking cigarettes, cigars and pipes...every-day!

Another aunt=brain cancer. A grandmother=pancreatic cancer.

Recently my father-in-law-the worst yet. Brain, bone, lung cancer and cancers of the liver and esophagas

Its never the same. God Bless and good luck to your family....MS

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

May sound sick but it is scientifically proven that people with cancer have a lack these things called anti neo plastons. In healthy people who dont have cancer they have an abundance of these things called anti-neo plastons. These things are found in urine.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Prayers and thoughts to your Dad, you, and family.

What I've found is - attitude really does make a difference. Cancer is beaten everyday! Your Dad can beat it to.

As to alternative methods - just make sure he finds a doc willing to implement both traditional medicine, and natural remedies. Contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of good doctors out there willing to use both homeopathic methods and traditional medicine.

Why give up one for another? Find a doc and utilize both methods. There are really great doctors out there, and at least here in the states - my cousin who was diagnosed with blood cancer last year had a health care plan that utilized both traditional medicine AND homeopathic remedies. The doctor told her - "We are going to throw everything at this except the kitchen sink!" Now, over a year later - she's in remission!

Good luck and well wishes.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm just posting to reinforce that you DO NOT want to get medical advice from strangers on the Internet. Most of the alternative medicine so-called cures are scams to empty peoples wallets. Medical advice needs to come from qualified professionals and nowhere else.

All my prayers your way.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i,ve read so much and to me its all in the mind.i was diagnosed with cancer in 2008 and heard all the u will be really ill,u will be this and that going through chemo.

well u know what i wasn,t even ill,didn,t even take my anti sickness tablets cause i never felt sick,my consultant put it down to me not giving a crap and not worrying about it.maybe theres a lesson learned there.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Johnkie

I agree here. The advancements in cancer treatment and chemotherapy can really make a difference. My mom had "terminal" cervical cancer but the chemo killed it completely and she is cancer free. I think a lot of it also had to do with her attitude. She is a fighter and was surrounded by family who wouldn't take no for an answer. We stood by her and gave her every ounce of support we could, and kept her upbeat and she beat the cancer that should of killed her. I don't have any alternative cancer advice, but I can say that the chemo made the color come back in her hair (it didn't fall out) and she gained weight and became rather healthy and thrived on the treatments. It is not a bad thing at all, although there are a lot of horror stories about chemotherapy, the advancements in it have come a very long ways with some very promising results.

Your dad is in my prayers for a healthy recovery! Do the chemo.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I had two kinds of breast cancer in 2011, one was aggressive. I went the traditional route of chemo and radiation. I got away with just a lumpectomy and they removed 4 lymph nodes. So far, so good.

I was too frightened to trust alternative cures. Many people who have gone the traditional route have lived for many, many years.

If you get enough Iodine you can't get breast cancer.

www.drbrownstein.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Dear OP I'm sorry to hear of your dad's illness. I am not a doctor and have never had cancer, but I've had enough relatives and friends fight cancer to have an opinion.

A close friend of mine my same age (late 40s) got thyroid cancer a few years back and got it removed. In that case they were able to remove all the cancer but tried to get her in for chemo. She refused, and instead decided to treat herself mostly by diet alone. It has been several years and she is in great health. She follows the Dr. Budwig protocol, which is simply a few recipes you make weekly (hi speed blended cottage cheese with fresh flaxseed oil, then add some fruit and a touch of agave, I usually chill it for 20 min, tasty and prevents/removes cancer supposedly): Budwig Protocol

She also has done several detoxes and intestinal cleanses (daily doses of activated charcoal and psyllium husks orally), and takes huge doses of Vit D3 specifically (6,000-8,000 IU daily). Also metal chelators a few times a week every few months. There is something to the D3 as well as the specific combo of flaxseed and the sulfur content in the cottage cheese that makes it a water soluable fat, which the body uses to package toxins up for expelling. Flaxseed without this process is just oil and gets passed

I've read great things about liposimal Vit C relating to cancer also, but haven't had personal experience yet, so always research it first.

I had another friend go through major colon cancer surgery and long treatment of chemo, he was young and strong willed and made it through fine. He did none of the above "alternative" treatments and seems to be back to 90% of his former self. But his cancer was very different and involved intensive surgery.

All I know for certain is to stay positive and be as cheerfully optimistic as you can manage. Get ready with some new jokes or good comedy because laughter heals my friend. I truly wish you and your dad the very best

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For the love of god Vitamin B17. Whatever you do don't do chemo.

VITAMIN B17. Look into it.

Also, it's not a "scam" like many annoying posters are saying, you can find it naturally in apricot seeds.

God people really piss me off sometimes. "ALWAYS TRUST THE SYSTEM AND NEVER NATURE." You might as well be giving people cancer with this mindset.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Chemo has a 10% chance to cure, even then it gives you RADIATION. That can do all sorts of neat things to your body.

Even then Vitamin b17 is not the only one, Hemp Oil has also been shown to be effective, and it doesn't contain "THC".

My god, I hate it when there's cures for cancer out there and even the people with cancer wont even try eating apricot seeds for heavens sakes! What is with this undying trust in the Pharm Cartel?

Hey you want some truth laid out in front of you? Would the Pharm Cartel make as much money if they cured the problem or treated it? Hmmmmm.... I hate using this saying but seriously, wake up!

Also:

Amygdalin, a naturally occurring substance, has been suggested to be efficacious as an anticancer substance. The effect of amygdalin on cervical cancer cells has never been studied. In this study, we found that the viability of human cervical cancer HeLa cell line was significantly inhibited by amygdalin. 4,6-Diamino-2-phenyl indole (DAPI) staining showed that amygdalin-treated HeLa cells developed typical apoptotic changes. The development of apoptosis in the amygdalin-treated HeLa cells were confirmed by double staining of amygdalin-treated HeLa cells with annexin V-FITC and propidium iodide (PI) along with increase in caspase-3 activity in these cells. Further studies indicated that antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2 was downregulated whereas proapoptotic Bax protein was upregulated in the amygdalin-treated HeLa cells implying involvement of the intrinsic pathway of apoptosis. In vivo, amygdalin administration inhibited the growth of HeLa cell xenografts through a mechanism of apoptosis. The results in the present study suggest that amygdalin may offer a new therapeutic option for patients with cervical cancer. Read More: informahealthcare.com...

informahealthcare.com...

edit on 17-6-2013 by Skjord because: Were screwed

edit on 17-6-2013 by Skjord because: links

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skjord

VITAMIN B17. Look into it.

There is no vitamin B17. That's just the reimaging of laetrile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join