It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a river and water on mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was just looking at pictures of mars and came across what looks like a river. It looks like it even has waves.
Nasa.gov

The link has features where you can zoom in. If you zoom in on the top center and top right hand corner it looks like a blue river to me. I could be wrong. what do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I dunno, the water doesn't sit quite flat. That is to say, on either end, the blue parts are higher than water should sit at. It should run down and not sit higher than the rest.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
All I see is the same land scape in the distance. ?

No blue or waves. Though I have seen images of bluish images taken from orbit. And wave like formations from when there was flowing water there once..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I agree 100%!!! Great find. Although, could it be a type of mirage we're used to seeing in our deserts? Can it warm enough there for a mirage?

Great find and thanks for sharing! : )

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It might not be anything, but to me it kinda stands out. It even looks a lil blue compared to everything else.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

You see it also right. I thought i was the only one. it could be anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
I was just looking at pictures of mars and came across what looks like a river. It looks like it even has waves.
Nasa.gov

The link has features where you can zoom in. If you zoom in on the top center and top right hand corner it looks like a blue river to me. I could be wrong. what do you guys think?

No.. it's not..

it's a shot of the desert somewhere on Earth..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Not seeing a river, but are those clouds I see?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Yeah I can- and I'm usually one of the first to debunk such claims but this is clearly visible. Wether or not its a mirage- who knows, but I can clearly see it in the top right hand section!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

That explains the clouds,

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Nope thats just the Arizona desert
. looks like it though

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

Of course- there are plenty of clouds on mars. Although- does that mean there is water in the air? Interesting that the clouds are in the same picture as the 'water'.
Hmm. I think you might be onto something!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Even looking at the raw version I can still see the 'water'!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

i see that too, and under the clouds when you zoom in you can see these blackspots forming a straightline through the entire pic

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
huh...idk but I think I see a sandbar....it kinda slopes down, like a depression, very small, but like one...and its smooth...
I would love for it to be a lake though...now that would be something. Oh please private space industry, hurry up and lets get over to mars!! I would gladly pay to go and see it for myself!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You can see the odd distortion where they altered the video and it is fuzzy and out of place, when you zoom in.

I'd like skippers opinion on it, for he is good at analyzing their photoshopping and masking.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Water Evidence:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
If you zoom in on the top center and top right hand corner it looks like a blue river ...

The explanation is given in the text below the picture:

The image has been white-balanced to show what the rocks and soils in it would look like if they were on Earth.

Or in other words, these are *NOT* the colours of the actual objects.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes, that's clearly understood. But have you viewed the raw image without the white balance?
IMHO it looks like water. Have a look and let me know what you think : )

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Zoom in just to the right of the mountain peak in the center and look below the two black dots...there's a truck out there!
edit on 16-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
Yes, that's clearly understood. But have you viewed the raw image without the white balance?
IMHO it looks like water. Have a look and let me know what you think : )

You mean this one at this link?

To me it just looks like the stuff thats at the bottom of Mount Sharp, as seen in this panorama taken closer and more recently.

This one here as well.

If I understand correctly, its going to drive over that patch of "water" one day.

edit on 16-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join