It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fathers, Where Would We Be Without Them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not here, I suppose.
Dads are everything to us lil nippers. There's nothing like a dad cuddling his lil bundle of joy. For the little helpless ones, to feel so safe and cherished and loved, what a wonderous thing. Dad, the protector. The person that watches out for us and provides for us....sees to it that we are warm and safe and well.

The smell of his pipe tobacco or aftershave...his smile when we do some silly thing that tickles his funny bone and warms his heart. Hey, he reads stories to us and checks under our bed at nite for monsters. He comes rushing in like a shot to kill a spider in our room. He loves us no matter what. How about the times he took us to the circus or bought us ice cream from a vender of just sat with us at the park and talked to us. The nites we stargazed together...that was cool!

Dad means the world to us at any age. A few gray hairs and a faltering memory...does not matter. he will always be our dad. He nurtured us and took care of us and should the time come, we will do the same. Dad will always be dad to us....long after he is gone, we will "see" him in our minds eye and be glad...glad that we knew him. Glad for his love. Memories never die and neither does our "dad".

Written in honor of all you great dads out there today! You gave your wife a wonderful little bundle of joy to hold and she also has another bundle of joy to be thankful for and hold....YOU!! Happy Fathers Day!

I had a dream of a dad like the one mentioned. Was a good dream.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

They are unnecessary.
Many do perfectly fine without them. Ultimately just a source of DNA.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That was beautifully written! And I'm the snooty writer who studied poetry in college! I give you my snooty stamp of approval.

I ain't even going to spoil it by mentioning my deadbeat dad who makes Darth Vader look like uhhh...some..good..dad.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

watchitburn, Hi, I understand what you are saying. In some cases, that is so. I wrote those words as a "dream" type of feeling for how it must be like to have a dad like that....not from my own experience. I had scary dealy relevant to that...but still want to nurture the love in my heart for dads and what it must be like...what I wish i had.

For all the good dads, I salute you! When love is involved, moms and dads can be a nice combo. No petri dish can give a baby that.
Hugs to you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hi shrevegal. Well said. I got a nice card off my son this morning. But i also spare a thought for my dad whos no longer here. Hes been gone since i was a teenager. But i still remember the fun times we had like it was yesterday. That dream you had certainly does sound nice
. Happy fathers day to all

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
I had a dream of a dad like the one mentioned.

I have had that dream all my life...

I'm sure there are good dads out there. I know there are some here on ATS. So, Happy Father's Day to them!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hi friend NarcolepticBuddha, I can relate. Not all dads are made in Heaven, to be sure. Some are better at doling out pain rather than love. But today, I was kinda day dreaming about the other side of the coin and how it must feel and i liked the warm feeling that washed over me for a bit. Even if it was all a dream for me.

Thank you for the kind words relevant to my lil ditty of sorts.
Kinda in a sentimental mood today. Now to wake husband up after I make him a nice breakfast in bed dealy. Hugs.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can remember when I first brought our lil baby girl home from the hospital. She used to burp and fart a lot and husband would jump outta bed and ask me, "Is she o.k."? He was so cute. Of course the lil nipper was o.k. She was just taking after her dad!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hi TheDoctor46, Great to "see" you! Your dad sounded like a very special guy! I am glad you had such a great dad in your life.
It is hard to be without those we love. It's amazing how fast time goes for us all...seems like in the blink of an eye at times. Hugs and much love to you. ^j^

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hi Benevolent Heretic, I hear you! I think I know what you are saying. Hugs and the best of everything from me to you. Blessings always. ^j^

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nice thread. I've been lucky to have a great dad. He's never been the one to dish out meaningful advice, but has always shown me and my brother a great deal of love and taught us to be respectful and fair. He never hit us as kids, but we would play fight enough to know dad was stronger. I forgot to give him a card, but I gave him 20 quid towards a new golf sweater.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I with you on that!

Although I never knew mine,
I know he is up there smiling right now!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

They are unnecessary.
Many do perfectly fine without them. Ultimately just a source of DNA.

Wrong. A father is more than that. Do you have one?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Least you had a dad. I had an asshole that was mean to me 6.5 days a week.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'd be a successful prosecuting attorny who had a healthy relationship with men . I wouldn't hate them half as much as I do today. Um, let me see what else? I guess I could say without my father, I would have had a way better life than I do now. Yep. That is a fact.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I feel for those of you who had bad experiences with your fathers.

I never knew mine, never saw a picture even, so I always will feel empty in that part of my life.
A blessing or a curse?

Goes both ways.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

blessing

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Misses my Father.

Pops, wherever you are up there. I remember everything you taught me.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I left my house at 3:30am this morning to go fishing with my dad. Even after a shower I still smell like fish and beer- nothing like beer for breakfast! We caught 18 catfish, a turtle and lots of reeds but we had a blast. Don't know how many years I have left with the old fart so it's worth smelling like fish and battling mosquitoes to have a bit of quality time. It brought back memories of going fishing together when I was a kid.......priceless!

So cheers to all the Dads.......especially the ones who love to fish and drink beer before breakfast!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some men are just not meant to be dads. My ex was a horrible father when the kids were small, but now that they are teens, he is wonderful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join