It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30,000 Stars And Nothing To Say.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have just received my 30,000th star.

And now I realize I have nothing important left to say...If I ever did. I know that I have tried on so many levels, I believed in so many ways that I could make a difference....
But I have come to realize how futile the pen is.

The written and spoken word are now seen as a threat to those that would have us bow down. So much for accomplishing anything after 30,000 stars. What is it anyways?

Interesting tho...it was in response to this thread:

Can our words on ATS make a difference?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My answer?

"No.

How can people make a difference? Simple...Action and not words.

So many times I read the solution on ATS as "Write Congress" "Protest...but peaceably" "Make signs" "March"..."Blah, Blah, Blah."

Those times are gone my friend. The only reason people get into office now is for big money, power and retirement promises. I trust no one in Govt. Period.

And let's not forget that your words of protest can land you on a list of whatever they decide. No fly, No travel...No right to lawyers, held without reason, charges and indefinitely.

Not enough? How about Obama wanting to pull the trigger on anyone, anywhere, anytime and for whatever reason he decides to dream up at that moment and pass in congress without congress being present?

Words on ATS are just that...words.

Until enough people get off their ass and stop with the words...nothing will change. Because remember...words are now illegal because if they are not on the list of approved words, you are nothing but a terrorist. "

Just an observation from someone who has been trying to make a difference with words. The pen has always been revered as mightier than the sword but that was when there were only words and swords.

Now we have the Internet and Nukes.

Anyway...it's been fun if nothing productive.

I do however have one thing to add as a positive. I have met so many great people from around the World that I would never have had the chance to meet if not for ATS and those stars.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of my insanity.

Peace

edit on 15-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have just received my 30,000th star. And now I realize I have nothing important left to say...If I ever did. I know that I have tried on so many levels, I believed in so many ways that I could make a difference....

You still have a LOT to say and to contribute! Even if it is just rehashing old arguments, what you are doing is spreading information. How can this ever be a bad thing? I take things I've learned here and bring them with me to work and wherever I go. Whether it be a matter of current events, space travel, or how to cook bacon to perfection
I am spreading information to other people. With all of us doing this we are increasing the IQ of an entire society.
It doesn't even matter if this info is right or wrong, what we are doing is forcing people to think.

I have WAY too many people in my life that know nothing more than work, drink, have sex, and make babies; WAY too many people that think a thousand dollar computer is nothing more than an expensive machine to play Solitaire on. Every once in a while when I see them playing I call out to them, "Click on the 'E'! There's a whole universe out there just waiting for you."

Okay, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop with this: If every member of ATS has just one thing in common, it is that we are curious about everything. So if the dumbing down of society is the disease, then we are the cure.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I hear what you are saying jude11 , and I respect your position.

However, it is not always the case, that one should speak in order to change the minds of those who oppose freedom, in fact, it is rarely the case. But it is often necessary to speak ones mind, in order to remind those who require freedom, who love it and respect it, that they are not alone, that they have brothers and sisters in freedom who believe in that defining principle. It is often necessary to speak ones mind in order to bring people of like mind together under a banner, to share confidence in ones convictions, despite the odds which rise against us.

The words you say may not change a mind, but they will surely inspire one, and that is worth the effort of a thousand pens, and all the swords ever forged. Speak your words, and spread the love! You may still utter words of light, to shine in darkness, and while this is the case, you should, and so should we all!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Woohoo! With 30,000 stars of your own I now dub thee

"Firmament".

Congratulations!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hi Jude11,
You probably don't know me...but I read almost every thread you write, and enjoy 'hearing' what you have to say.
30,000 stars? Not really. More like 30,000 pats on the back!
Real people agreeing with you, or liking what you've written.
Don't go resting on your laurels now (lol)....keep on sharing your thoughts and experiences.
Some of us just haven't had enough yet!!!
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I feel ats is just a stage. As in a section of your life that has a beginning and an end. People come here, get what they need, and move on. Maybe some move on from a "data collecting" stage to an "action" stage. Or at least, maybe that can be a model for some to follow in the future... Of course we will always need some to stick around to point the way for others...

I also think its important to spend time spreading truth to other online venues. I know I spend too much time here "preaching to the choir", when there are other interested minds out there who wonder why the world is so messed up and want a better answer than "money" or "the devil" or "the French-Canadians" or what have you...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better...

Nothing To Say?
you should enjoy the vacation

i see a very busy future threadwise

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude,

There are about 12 different ATS members who I know for a fact, have changed their minds, sometimes their entire outlook on a certain part of life, because of something I or another wrote on ATS.

There are two types of people who foster change. Those who come up with ideas and educate people about logical and effective solutions, and those who motivate, go out and make those solutions reality.

One cannot exist without the other and although in some cases they exist together, that's very rare.

I myself, am an informer mostly. There are a variety of things I do in my community, but those are more related to creating public spaces where we can all come together and enjoy each others culture and learn to be neighbors again.

In your case, there are at least 30 thousand times where somebody has agreed with your opinion. Even if you only really changed the minds of 1/3 of those people, I would say that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Some people go their whole lives without ever even reaching that many people with their voice.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks to all in the thread.

I posted this yesterday and went to sleep so was late getting back here.

I have to be clear here. It's not that I am quitting/giving up. Not in my nature to do so. It's just that I feel ATS is becoming a place for doing the exact same thing every day for many members and I fall into that mold sometimes. Nothing to say.

Have you ever had a discussion on a topic with someone in real life...discussion not argument...and had opposing views but you knew without a doubt that you were correct? And to get that point across to your friend you have to try coming at many angles, use different tactics etc. But still it doesn't work in some strange way. You can't do anything but get to the end of the discussion and say "I have nothing left to say" so let's go have a beer.

This is how it feels sometimes here. It doesn't matter what the topic is as it just keeps getting re-hashed in another way but goes no where.

I do have to say that with all the World changes lately, many of us don't have to keep speaking anymore on certain topics as they have been proven to be correct. Certainly not a victory I relish but rather a step towards more people opening their eyes. And that's a fantastic observation.

I will stand by the statement I made about the pen not being very effective anymore. The reason being is that although it might be used amongst the people, the ones writing to those that can actually make changes are having those words wasted. Writing letters to leaders does not work anymore IMO. They have too much to gain by not listening.

I guess it's time to change the direction of the pen.

Anyways, still rambling here.

Just wanted to acknowledge those who took their time to reply in the thread.

Gotta go bake some buns for my customers.
At least this...I control...

Peace

edit on 15-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about space and not about the space between your ears. Oh well. Congratulations. You beat the old curmudgeony Boncho. How bout I buys you a beer.

We can talk about the real stars.
edit on 15-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I thought this was going to be about space and not about the space between your head. Oh well. Congratulations. You beat the old curmudgeony Boncho. How bout I buys you a beer.

We can talk about the real stars.

Believe it or not, the old curmudgeon was one of my first influences on ATS. You always had something to say and it sided with a lot of what I wanted to say.

So thanks for that Boncho.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Believe it or not Jude? Despite our having come to ATS at around the same general time for dates, you're among a small number on the forums who I've found to be an inspiration for forming my own style and approach to participation here.

I nearly did leave ATS back around election time. It was a time of many mental transitions and moments of Soul searching for future paths to take.

It would be laying it on a bit thick to say you were my sole inspiration. However, on a thread of this nature? It's very fitting to point out you were one among those that did form it for the decision to stay and redefine the way I did things after all that.

Your words matter. All our words do. I don't think the majority of us will ever know quite how and where on the scale of positive vs. negative that balances for end results, precisely. It matters often enough for someone(s) out there though. Please don't ever forget that.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
But you do still have something to aim for...

A little bird told me it takes at least 60,000 stars before you can become a master Jedi.

That's when you finally receive your Golden Light Saber of Mass Destruction.

And as Yoda would say: "Makes it virtue patience it does"

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
But you do still have something to aim for...

A little bird told me it takes at least 60,000 stars before you can become a master Jedi.

That's when you finally receive your Golden Light Saber of Mass Destruction.

And as Yoda would say: "Makes it virtue patience it does"

60,000? The blood, sweat and tears it took just to get to 30,000...

Damn! I guess I have to double the efforts huh?

Thanks for that.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Believe it or not Jude? Despite our having come to ATS at around the same general time for dates, you're among a small number on the forums who I've found to be an inspiration for forming my own style and approach to participation here.

I nearly did leave ATS back around election time. It was a time of many mental transitions and moments of Soul searching for future paths to take.

It would be laying it on a bit thick to say you were my sole inspiration. However, on a thread of this nature? It's very fitting to point out you were one among those that did form it for the decision to stay and redefine the way I did things after all that.

Your words matter. All our words do. I don't think the majority of us will ever know quite how and where on the scale of positive vs. negative that balances for end results, precisely. It matters often enough for someone(s) out there though. Please don't ever forget that.

Hey Wrabbit...Thanks for that.

And believe me when I say that the sentiment is returned in kind.

When I say there is nothing left to say I don't mean it in a negative sense...much. It's just that we seem to be posting and replying to pretty much the same thing every day and it also seems to be just going around and around with the same members responding, posting.

Example....How many more threads can we post about police brutality before something is done? It's not working IMO. The cops are getting more brutal, we keep posting the vids and info, the members get angry and post replies and then some come to the defense of the cops...same formula each and every single time.

Example...Monsanto.

We are all very aware of what they are and what they are capable of. And yet we keep having the exact same discussions believing that a few words can take down the monster that it is. Words will never do it alone.

Don't get me wrong. I will keep on keeping on but it just seems that the words are all starting to sound the same and so are having very little effect.

Maybe I just need to find some new words?

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There aren't enough Judes in this world.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Actually Jude, the pen IS still mightier than the sword.

If it weren't for us reading news/info on the internet and many other independent media sources, ATS wouldn't even exist and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Changes have been happening, albeit in small bites, but changes just the same.

Whistleblowers are becoming more and more common, people gathering and rallying/protesting is back in fad again, etc etc.

Those little changes have come about by way of spreading the word (aka "the pen").

Just some food for thought...

... you sounded like you might be hungry.

edit on 15-6-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Actually Jude, the pen IS still mightier than the sword.

If it weren't for us reading news/info on the internet and many other independent media sources, ATS wouldn't even exist and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Changes have been happening, albeit in small bites, but changes just the same.

Whistleblowers are becoming more and more common, people gathering and rallying/protesting is back in fad again, etc etc.

Those little changes have come about by way of spreading the word (aka "the pen").

Just some food for thought...

... you sounded like you might be hungry.

edit on 15-6-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

Very good food actually.

I would have to ask tho. Is it still the pen or the advent of personal recording devices (Cameras) that is responsible for these little victories?

Even the MSM has lost all credibility with their written word and yet so many issues are coming forward to be exposed with video proof.

A mixture of both I can see.

Thanks for that.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Informed action is better than ignorant action

edit on 15-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join