It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines on the ground at Syrian Border ..here comes Afghanistan circa the 80's again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Don't tell that to a marine!...

Marine not marine.

Just saying is all...

hmmmm

God not god.

Just saying is all...

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So the Us is back to working with the guys that were stated as the reason 9-11 happened and the start of 10 years of war. Makes perfect sense....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Proof of what? It happens every time we go into (insert foreign country) before a real conflict starts. A few weeks later there is a 'downed' helicopter or something else. Then it will be revealed there was a multi national force. It is not the movies, it is how the government lets the general public know. Then there will be some embedded reporters. All we need now is someone from the UN to make some remarks...

Can you tell me with certainty there are no US troops, advisors or private contractors in Syria? Is Eric Harroun CIA or just a guy looking for kicks? Maybe his arrest was just a safe way to get him out.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
So the Us is back to working with the guys that were stated as the reason 9-11 happened and the start of 10 years of war. Makes perfect sense....

Not back working with them...they always were.

It's just now that they no longer try to hide it from the citizens.

Spit in the face a little more right?

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it depends on who the Marines are training.
The US politicians are stupid the Marines are not.
I would assume that they are training the Syrian Army defectors to use heavy weaponry.
Something with a bit more kick than an anti tank RPG round for example.

I don't see US Marines training Al Qeada jihadi types here, if it was a CIA thing then that would be different.
But that is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Marine not marine.

Just saying is all...

That bugs me as much as people calling SEALs seals or Seals. They are a SEa Air & Land specialized fighting force, not marine mammals that like to eat fish or the seal on a jar. It bugs me even more when they are criticizing them, just goes to show their lack of knowledge, which puts them in a position where they should be keeping their mouth shut since they don't know what they're talking about. I think a lot of people play war video games and watch war movies and suddenly think they are a military expert of some kind. Sorry those aren't entirely accurate and are over dramatized for entertainment value.

I don't get my military information from games and movies, or even books for that matter. My knowledge comes from the men themselves. I have relatives that are either retired or active duty SEALs and Force Recon. I grew up learning about them and from them. I had originally planned to enlist in the USMC but medical issues prevented me from carrying on the family tradition, unfortunately.

You get a star SLAYER69.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Comparing a myth to real men and women is disingenuous. Sorry, but your comparison isn't even valid. You can't prove "God" exists, but it's quite simple to prove Marines exist.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The world is going to hell in a hand basket and someone is concerned how people spell the name of military units.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To be honest....

The people have lost all power, and will be slaughtered if they revolt.

It is on the military of the United States to regain the rule of law, and to defeat the rogue federal government ruled by the corporate elites who answer to the monarchies of Europe.

Until our military men and women realize where their loyalties lie, they will be led to the slaughter by the fat pigs of the plutocracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71

No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

^^ This.

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

It's easy to tell the people in this thread who know absolutely nothing about modern warfare.
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

You obviously have no idea what 300 Marines could do........

There are pulenty of US Military (i mean soldiers) within airlift distances from the syrian borders...Jordan is only one place, Quatar,UAE,even Israel, theres lots of troops within hailing distance.
The marines are there as a lead force, to make an FOBase.....they probably have CACs commuinications,Radar, all the goodies to fly # in with, plus they are expected to train the rebs, and probably arrange security for any other incomming troops and resources....theyll be very busy...but not alone for long......

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz

Marine not marine.

Just saying is all...

That bugs me as much as people calling SEALs seals or Seals. They are a SEa Air & Land specialized fighting force, not marine mammals that like to eat fish or the seal on a jar. It bugs me even more when they are criticizing them, just goes to show their lack of knowledge, which puts them in a position where they should be keeping their mouth shut since they don't know what they're talking about. I think a lot of people play war video games and watch war movies and suddenly think they are a military expert of some kind. Sorry those aren't entirely accurate and are over dramatized for entertainment value.

I don't get my military information from games and movies, or even books for that matter. My knowledge comes from the men themselves. I have relatives that are either retired or active duty SEALs and Force Recon. I grew up learning about them and from them. I had originally planned to enlist in the USMC but medical issues prevented me from carrying on the family tradition, unfortunately.

You get a star SLAYER69.

Who gives a # how it's spelled?

These men and women are about to be led to their DEATHS.

This is what's wrong with Americans...everyone cares about BULL # instead of the reality set forth by the rulers.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

They give a # how it's spelled. It's called honor. It just shows how disrespectful people can be to the men and women who die to protect them. Who cares if you like them, respect they had the balls to go die in your name.

link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The world is going to hell in a hand basket and someone is concerned how people spell the name of military units.

The same jackasses that care about this nonsense won't care about the names of those troops who come home with shut eyes, blue lips, and stiff corpses.

link   
Star that Commander

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Read the Replies and was Surprised at what was MISSING.

OK, ya 300 Marines , certainly not an Invasion Force, but enough to Kick Ass and Take Names.

But the MISSING Part are Contractors.

That Number of Mercs For Hire is something we are Never Told, and will be a Hell of a Lot More than 300.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They give a # how it's spelled. It's called honor. It just shows how disrespectful people can be to the men and women who die to protect them. Who cares if you like them, respect they had the balls to go die in your name.

This is ignorance. I care more about them because I could care less about how the name of their unit is spelled, but the fact that they are being sent to DIE.

They are not dying in defense of their homeland or their countrymen. They are being tossed into the middle of a quagmire on the whims of the rich bastards that have hijacked this country

WAKE UP!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Members of my family and friends are in those units. I'm pretty sure I care more about what happens to those men more than any of you who aren't enlisted or even have friend's and family who are. I don't see anyone having the balls to go fight and die for what they believe in, all you do is sit comfortably behind your computer acting all high and mighty while people I love live through hell to protect your right to be an ignorant sloth sitting in your air conditioned houses talking # about them.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We can bitch and whine all we want but in the end it achieves nothing, tptb will attempt to topple the Syrian government with or without our consent, as they did in Libya.
Everybody saw this coming, the question is will this be the action of a government that is really concerned for your safety? directly confronting Russia and putting Israel at increased risk, our rights and freedoms were taken only now to find it's from the very people that our governments now openly fund and support, Think it's time now to accept that you are apart of the conflict?
edit on 15-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I have a great idea of what 300 Marines could do....seeing as how I was in a company of about 100....

With that being said, this is not even close to an invading force....You have to take numbers like this and divide them up into what is needed for the mission....

Obviously you're going to want a command element...Intel....communication....Transport....Fire support....list goes on...for an invading force atleast....(and 300 isn't a number that's capable of that type of mission, we're badass, but we're not spartans damnit)

We're in Jordan for precisely what was stated....wargames. (For a little insight just check out what the 26th MEU has been doing lately.)

A2D
edit on 14-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Members of my family and friends are in those units. I'm pretty sure I care more about what happens to those men more than any of you who aren't enlisted or even have friend's and family who are. I don't see anyone having the balls to go fight and die for what they believe in, all you do is sit comfortably behind your computer acting all high and mighty while people I love live through hell to protect your right to be an ignorant sloth sitting in your air conditioned houses talking # about them.

Acting high and mighty? I am expressing concern because I do NOT want anyone in our military to lose their lives in regards of this bull #

They are NOT fighting in our name or our safety. They are being put into the middle of a powderkeg on the whims of rich men who could care less about who comes home in a zipped up body bag, or their arms, legs, or genitals blown off!! How do you not see this???

Don't aim your ire at me because your family members will be put into this situation. Aim your ire at the rogue federal government. Stop this madness and realize the truth!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join