It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This left/right; liberal/conservative; progressive/libertarian crap has got to STOP!! We must come t

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by HanzHenry
WHO ..... ARE...... THE ...... ELITES?

SCROLL..... UP...... TWO ......POSTS.......

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

the syn of sat, that puts people off due to religion.. many find that just as crazy as anything.. they do. just saying.

Now. MONARCHS on the other hand, there is a concensus as to their role in history. All people have to do is get past the SNOW JOB the ELITES have put over everyone last 200 yrs that "we beat them" and "were free"..America is the land of the free.

SCAMMED... after the Rev WAR, US agreed to pay back war debts to England..ffs!!

since WHEN does the WINNER pay war debts to the loser?

this is the CRUX....

--------> ITS THE CROWNS STUPID (lexicon reference,common saying, not directed at anyone)

Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, UK,, Norway, Sweden, etc..

EVEN THE "evil jew rothchild bankster" malarchy followers have to grasp that the "banksters" are under the EMPLOY of WHOM?...

back to GOLDEN RULE... who has EVER had more GOLD than the THRONES of EUROPE?

In the words of GREAT(est) Bill Hicks "you are free to do as we tell you".. only

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETONE

Amen!

Why don't more people get this simpler truth?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Amen!

To me, it seems more people don't get this because of the particularity of our American culture-
The extreme focus upon individuality.

It makes me think that anything is good in moderation, but when you go too far with it, it becomes self destructive.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I remember seeing a documentary on the Cold War era once, and a woman speaking about the efforts by the school system and the federal government to instill a strong individualist value system in the american people. Messages were broadcast in all forms, to all ages. This was an attempt at keep away the threat of Communism.

Soon they realized it had had the negative effect of destroying the fibers of our own collective society, and our nation began to splinter and fall apart, and lose strength. But is was too late, the values had been set deep into the next generation (the Boomer, "Me" generation).

Then as the Culture War in the 80's hit, it became evident we had to find a way to pull our people back together. War and focus on a common enemy is often an effective uniter of people, so that was what we tried. It has been temporarily successful. But the next generation, as they come into the age of their power, just didn't have a trust in others instilled in them at all, and there isn't much hope we can keep it together- even if we would like to.

I suspect that it will take our children to bring our people back together- perhaps in twenty years? They are much more community-minded, and can even feel comfortable with bonds and inter-dependancies over large distances; But who knows what will have happened by then.

I guess my thinking this morning sounds like it culminates in a pretty negative view, but it doesn't feel so to me, as I see it as a phase of our history that will, one day, pass.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Far-left Liberal here agreeing with you, OP.

Btw, hi NSA.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Americans arent even opened minded enough to give # about the rest of the globe let alone bring together different sides of their politics, just a fact as i see it from an outside foreign observer. Truthers some of the worst offenders still waiting for Alex jones to visit down under Obama has, Bill Gates, US NBL teams,Brad Pitt, Angelina jollie etc.. still waiting for Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

edit on 14-6-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by amazing

Amen!

To me, it seems more people don't get this because of the particularity of our American culture-
The extreme focus upon individuality.

It makes me think that anything is good in moderation, but when you go too far with it, it becomes self destructive.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I remember seeing a documentary on the Cold War era once, and a woman speaking about the efforts by the school system and the federal government to instill a strong individualist value system in the american people. Messages were broadcast in all forms, to all ages. This was an attempt at keep away the threat of Communism.

Soon they realized it had had the negative effect of destroying the fibers of our own collective society, and our nation began to splinter and fall apart, and lose strength. But is was too late, the values had been set deep into the next generation (the Boomer, "Me" generation).

edit on 14-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

(blanket statement,generalization to prove a point-- I know there are exceptions and not everyone, but this is macro not micro)
Thats IT entirely.. AMERICAN BABY BOOMERS are the ROOT of EVERY PROBLEM.
the baby boomers are so HOPELESSLY brainwashed, they are unbelieveably walking around with opposing veiwpoints and becasue of all the programming, hopeless.

they have like these firewalls in their brains,, as soon as something "hurts their paradigm" they STEPFORD WIFE switch and start contradicting theirselves and dont even recognize it.

as a post baby boomer, and raised by my Granny who was born 1918, i was around the parents of the boomers growing up. EVERY OLD PERSON in the 70'-80's KNEW america was screwed.

"that ME generation" they are gonna ruin this land"... over and over from a diverse group of dozens of elderly back then.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'm with you...

But it's obvious to me that many ATS members and mods have only their hate to justify their existence. Sad but true!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Well, I have my own complaints about them for sure, but I think that the following X generation has their own role in the current problems- as much as we'd like to see unity happen, we just don't seem to be tame enough to do it ourselves! We'll talk about wanting everyone to come together, but then end up arguing and calling each other names as the discussion evolves.
Our self sufficiency isn't going to solve this problem. Our only hope (as a collective) is the kids at this point.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The problem is. . . . .

Not enough people agree with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

We live in the "Everyone wins and gets a trophy" society.

Win, lose, draw, we all die in the end. Go hug your kids, your best friend, your lover.

Leave the fighting to another day.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Part of a prosperous democracy (or in this case, a constitutional republic) is open and lively debate in order to represent as many perspectives on a issue as possible.

Its easy to confuse debate with simple dividing fighting, but there is a difference.

Coming together...we do come together. together we vote, we accept the form of government, and many other things. Some don't most do, and majority rules in such cases.

I fear the day when everyone thinks the same...it means nobody is thinking. Hell, even wacky conspiracy theories have their place.

But consider this ops. in one of your posts, you talked about the blame game. the Marxists, the etc etc etc..then you said at the end its none of their fault.
which means, you specifically chose a "side" to be on..the liberal side. So your basically a liberal at heart on issues, and now just yelling for others to be liberal also.

Don't get me wrong, I am a liberal..proud capital L type (ok, not that much, but definitely the opposite of social conservatism and so loudly proclaim it). But even I know that's ridiculous..and frankly, I wouldn't want to be in a purely liberal place. Libs, for as much good intentions, tend to screw up lots of things fiscally..they just do. the compromise, done through harsh debate, often is a fair solution.

So divide? yes...divide and compromise is the key.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The problem is. . . . .

Not enough people agree with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I fully agree with you that people should agree with me

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I applaud the OP.

It's disgusting to see how many posters popped up and claimed that its impossible or even against our interest. Wasting our time on the pissing contests we have is what got us here in the first place.

YOUR GOVERNMENT LOOKS AT YOU AS IF YOU ARE A PAWN

And that will not change as long as we keep buying into ideologies that make us feel superior to one another. We are people. We are losing our freedom. This should be enough of an issue for us to address TOGETHER.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisualQuanta

And that will not change as long as we keep buying into ideologies that make us feel superior to one another. We are people. We are losing our freedom. This should be enough of an issue for us to address TOGETHER.

I completely agree, but when you have people with agendas, ideologies and mindsets geared toward CONTROL; it's hard to bring groups together for rational discussion. Even here on ATS, it's near impossible to have a political discussion with out name calling, retaliation, and the eventual digression into a pissing match. If in a small environment like ATS is so divided; how can anything short of an act of GOD bring us together on a national level?

Members are routinely marginalized and labeled a "people like you" and worse; it's usually down hill from there.

I still engage in political threads but had to grow a much thicker skin as one of the more conservative members suggested, when I questioned his abrasive style of posting. Bad manners is now the operating system here. It's always been confrontational but not near this bad. Sad really !!

edit on 14-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Getting beaten down is the first rule of fight club ATS political forums.

It's one of the reasons I came here!

edit on 14-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join