It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Have Officialy Won the Console War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
if you want to catch up on the E3

www.gamingrev.com...

Remember this?

www.gamingrev.com...

Have Microsoft Shot themselves in the foot

Well it looks like not only did they shoot themselves in the foot by alienating their core gamers, which was shown by the backlash from hordes of Xbox gamers on the Xbox Forums, Reddit and other sites.

First Microsoft Blamed the press for spreading False rumors that their console was being wrongly judged and these publications harmed their launch, 95% of the rumors turned out to be true and Microsoft was forced to shut up.

On launch their shares took a plunge and then slowly recovered slightly.

Now Sony have shown their hand and as predicted and stated by all media,

No DRM
Free Online Play
and most important

You dont need to connect to the internet to play any games

Microsoft just took a beating, I can only imagine how pissed off their shareholders are at the latest revelations.

More related articles Related to this

PlayStation E3

www.gamingrev.com...

Meet the PlayStation 4

www.gamingrev.com...

Microsoft at the E3

www.gamingrev.com...

Xbox one

www.gamingrev.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It has been so long since I purchased either a console or a video game to play. However, I can see Sony is still my favorite because it gives the gamer a lot of awesome options to play games, listen to music, watch movies, etc. Thanks for sharing this news OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

your welcome

I use to be a hardcore PlayStation user

First got PS1, begged my mum for it (still alive to this day since 1998)
PlayStation 2, reason I got my first part time job

PlayStation 3 let me down but I still got it for the Exclusives (MGS and Infamous along with Final Fantasy)

I generally played Xbox 360 more and my library for the 360 is 6-1 ratio to PS3 games

After watching this Sony have restored my faith in them, unlike MS they clearly stated their core values and its something we gamers like

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The thing is, I just don't understand why Microsoft would charge so much.

But here are some of my more speculative reasons why they would charge such an exorbitant price (note: take these with a pinch of salt, as they might not be entirely serious! :lol
:

They are doing this because,

1. The world is going to end in one or two decades and there is no way to save mankind; therefore, they want to make as much profit as possible to enjoy the last few decades.
(It's not that crazy if you think about it, right?)

2. Microsoft and Sony are not actually having a "war"; they are actually in cahoots with each other. In other words, it's deliberate price-fixing. The reasoning? Well, let's think about it for a second - many have complained about the high price of the new Xbox, so they will buy the Sony one. Hence, many will buy Sony rather than the Microsoft one. Yet, there will still be many who will buy the Microsoft one regardless of the price. Therefore, it's a win-win situation for both companies, especially if Sony and Microsoft have "come to an arrangement" (i.e. Sony pays some of the profit it earns from extra-increased sales to Microsoft). This is more believable than No.1, but nearly just as wild!

3. Microsoft is testing the waters - it might be gambling on the fact that most people will not be grossly deterred by the price and would still buy the console regardless.

4. Microsoft are bonkers (probably the only viable reason!)!

As I said - the above hypotheticals are wild cards - so take them with a pinch of salt (and whiskey too!)!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Microsoft probably taught Sony would force the same limitations on their clients, they probably even talked together about making those move against gamers.

Then suddenly, Sony decided to back off on the full online/DRM issue to screw Microsoft.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Console War was over with PS2, the best system ever made(post 1995).

.... i never had much hope in Xbox, because its a newbie to this console, Microsoft just a made a console so they can rake in some money from the growing gamer populations... its going to fade away...

PlayStation is technically "Nintendo"....and they have been around for a while and made amazing games.

Sony was "asked" by Nintendo to make "Disc system", but Sony decided to brand their own.

PlayStation begin in 1988 when Sony and Nintendo were working together to develop the Super Disc. The Super Disc was going to be a CD-ROM attachment that was intended to be part of Nintendo's soon to be released Super Nintendo game.

However, Sony and Nintendo parted ways business-wise and the Super Disc was never introduced or used by Nintendo. In 1991, Sony used a modified version of the Super Disk as part of their new game console - the Sony Playstation.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
microsoft is gonna lose terrible. I traded my 360 for a ps3 a year ago best choice I ever made. better gfx and free online overall it was a better value than xbox. but I was looking foward to the xbox 1 then I read about it and new they had shot themselves in the foot or took a ps3 to the knee. owell the mighty have fallen now for Nintendo and sony to duke it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Whilst i hear what you are saying, i am withholding judgement until i have actually played on both. Not that i should, at my age!

Last time round, Microsoft won hands down (360 over PS3) and yet the PS3 hasn't done so badly - so maybe talk of Microsoft demise is premature?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

There is no age limit to gaming lol...i will play until i can't.

Xbox360 winning part...., i don't know, its very very debatable. From gaming genres, fan base and its age group, and overall soft wares both system are very different.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sony has released an official video on how to share PlayStation 4 games.

I was thinking either Xbox One or PS4 would be my first foray into consoles. Right now it looks like PS4 is going to get my $$.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
being a PS1, PS2 and PS3 player I was getting PS4 anyway.

My friends currently on Xbox 360 are switching to PS4 now

edit on 11-6-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

XBOX had a strong hands on kids between age 9-15.. majority of them preferred shooting games,.. which XBOX is full of... while PS attracted Fans of all ages... from RPG, Flying, Simulation, Fighting, etc etc...

Games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, are the game that made me go after PS(before that i was a Nintendo fan, with games like Zelda etc)... XBOX had one good exclusive, Halo, and surprise.. its a shooter...

I was always happy with PS3... internet browsing... simple menu aka the PS crossbar. and free online...

Xbox 360 and PS3 was pretty much the same but PS3 offered me more option, software, and convenience..

PS1 Vs N64 - Tie... but PS1 due to final fantasy Metal Gear Series...

PS2 Vs XBOX - PS2 clearly.

PS3 Vs XBOX360 - Tie but slight leaning to PS3 due to their options.

PS4 Vs XBOX1 - Leaning toward PS4(pricing, obstacles, sick azz controller) but im going to wait 6 months after release to get a system...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Started with XBox loved it for the month or two it lasted.Went blue screen and that was the last time I Xboxed.
PS3 has been awesome for years now. I will reward Sony and will go PS4 when the time is right.PS3 is still working great, at least 3yrs now.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What about the Wii U?? Smash bros. was shown along with other awesome titles! Plus not all the consoles are out yet to have a war

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I have not so much been looking at the consoles but I have been scooping all the games coming out. But ya it was kind of a no brainier that Microsoft will be shooting themselves in the foot, they even got booed in there conference at some points. I don't know what they were thinking, but I still think the X-box one will sell even if it will not outsell the PS4, its still got a market. Its just that most of the hardcore gamers will not be in that market mostely because of one little itsy bity facts ie the lock on games they have, and fact that you have to install all of them which will eat your memory space up fast, and you know the kinetic always on and having to be logged on to there system.

But really have you seen all the games coming out for both and all systems, things are looking good, and I for one hope this whole console war thing gets over and done with, because lets face it besides some important things such as game locking both systems are pretty much on par technically, though even in that department the PS4 seems to have the edge over the X-Box one.

But really its all about the games, really looking forward to the new metal gear V, the new Bungie game destiny, looks like they they totally changed the gameplay mechanics for FFXV, the new infamous game, watch dogs, there even making a new killer instinct game, and also a new Beyonetta game which is looking even more redonkulous then the first one, and a bunch of other games they had at the show which would be to long to list. There even was one for the Wii U, "X" I think its called. Made wish I had a Wii, always was a fan of the whole giant mech games.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Nintendo keeps proving that you dont have to be a big powerhouse with the coolest box and the most power, they hanged on all those years, I dont know if they will continue to keep doing that, but it seems they know what there about.

Smash bros and a new Mario game would be cool, no doubt its down the line.
But here the new X trailer I mentioned in my other post, looks interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
being a PS1, PS2 and PS3 player I was getting PS4 anyway.

My friends currently on Xbox 360 are switching to PS4 now

edit on 11-6-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

you are going to get alot of that. I've pretty much have had every console since Atari came out and I was 4 I think. The last generation I had a 360, PS3 and Wii. I love the 360 and if Microsoft made a console like that with better graphics I would have gotten it. But since all of this DRM crap and now I can't take the Xbone to my cabin to play because I don't have internet I'm going PS4 and possible Wii U next gen (in a year or two after they release PS4)

I posted this video in the Xbone thread but I wanted to post it here too.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sony is still the best

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nobody has won until they're all out fanboy!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Actually, I think Microsoft is right about the way the market eventually has to go. However, they were stupid to try and force it lock stock and barrel down gamers' throats all at once. This backfired in a BIG way, and no doubt some folks are losing bonuses or their jobs over it (as well they should, for being idiots).

I don't think I've seen a single well-reviewed Wii U game yet, especially one that is cross platform. The consensus seems to be the gamepad controller adds nothing but complication to gameplay.

I seem to recall Sony was moving towards a pay internet like Microsoft. Maybe they scrubbed it to cash in on MS's failure here? Have to look into that I suppose. I always wait a year or two for some prices to fall (and bugs to be worked out) on any new gen console. Not that I ever get to play them much, but I still enjoy it when I can.

Microsoft has simply priced the One too high. At $499, it is too pricey for the casual gamer, and too pricey for Mom and Dad to get for junior for Christmas. Sony's PS4 is $399, a price much more attainable to this audience, and for THAT reason alone, it will win. The other problem is that Microsoft's ONLY buyers are the hard-core gamer crowd (at that price), and they are the ones most ticked off about Microsoft's policies regarding used games, possible surveillance and general big brother tactics with the One.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join