It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 2013 Vanity Fair article "Inside the annual Alien-Abduction Support Group meeting"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Interesting article in a very MSM magazine, Vanity Fair. I thought it was interesting and the writer covered a couple of famous cases but seemed to focus on the work of Harvard's own Dr. John Mack. Enjoy.

Vanity Fair's Alien Abduction Article

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

It's all just #terribledreams i think. No abductions, just loonies.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
don't be so hasty

abductions are real
hybrids are real

take what WE do to an endangered species for example
we grab em
tag em
then let em back into the wilderness
is that not what THEY do to US?
they did to ME.
I VIVIDLY remember the greys keeping tabs on me when I was young.
Peeking in my windows all the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infinitymindbox

. Na. They didn't...........

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by lovebeck

It's all just #terribledreams i think. No abductions, just loonies.

So anyone whom has a claim of abduction or sees a UFO is a loony?

Try denying ignorance and stop being so close minded
Fail post fails

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Go socialize.......

www.vc1212.com...

We are pleased to announce Disruption Venture Partners’ investment in Abduct.ly, a social network for people who have been abducted by Aliens. As Facebook becomes the place you don’t want to go because your grandmother is there, the action is moving to vertical social networks built around communities of interest. A massive but underserved market is the global community of individuals who have been abducted by Aliens. Their ability to deal with the trauma and repercussions of their experience is made harder by the fact that they are often doubted and even mocked by those around them. Abduct.ly provides a place for them to meet kindred spirits who have undergone the same experience.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah that's pretty much what i'm saying. None of these people have proof. None.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here's an example of one of the cases that John Mack was involved in:

Just in case you didn't know

edit on 11-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by infinitymindbox

infinitymindbox, in another thread (which has now been locked by a Mod pending evidence of your claims) you said you were taken to Mars by grey aliens who showed you how to make super-strong glass. They did this because a vacuum sucks all the moisture from glass.

Yet Mars is not a vacuum. It has an atmosphere. How do you explain this?

I'd really like to hear your answer before a Mod locks this thread too.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Can you all not hijack this thread with this nonsense? Thanks.

Almost every time someone starts a good thread, this kind of stuff occurs.

This thread isn't about the greys or Mars or any of that. It is about an interesting article in a very main stream magazine. I'd appreciate if the discussion went back to the article, not sucking moisture from glass and all that.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Whoa. That video is rather strange. I didn't watch much of it, but what is with the pendant and music at the end? Freaky.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

I smell a troll...

On the topic of abductions(actually not strictly abductions, but interesting nonetheless):

Lights/UFO in Colares 1977, Brazil, terrorizes a village to the point where everyone was scared. Lights reported to have pierced roofs and caused burning sensation on people. The village was so disturbed that the military was called in to investigate, and they have also witnessed the lights themselves.

It was a terrifying time for the several thousand inhabitants of the Colares area because there were nights when rays of light beamed from UFOs paralyzed and burned dozens of people, and at least two of them died.

The intelligence agents – six sergeants and one officer – spent most of October, November and December 1977 and January 1978 in Colares and other villages interviewing hundreds of people who had encounters or sightings. During the investigation, the agents also had more than two hundred sightings of their own.
It was a terrifying time for the several thousand inhabitants of the Colares area because there were nights when rays of light beamed from UFOs paralyzed and burned dozens of people, and at least two of them died.

The intelligence agents – six sergeants and one officer – spent most of October, November and December 1977 and January 1978 in Colares and other villages interviewing hundreds of people who had encounters or sightings. During the investigation, the agents also had more than two hundred sightings of their own.

Military was sent in to investigate, the commander himself reported seeing the lights as well as the UFO up close.

The leader of the Air Force investigators was Uyrange Hollanda (say Wee-RAHN-gee Oh-LON-duh), at that time a captain. In an interview in 1997, Hollanda, by then a retired lieutenant colonel, told us the UFOs used two different rays of light.

“First came a green light that would hit the person and paralyze them,” he said. “Then the green light would turn off and a red ray of light would hit, burning them. A lot of people were burned.”

The mayor himself also witnessed the lights.

As Mayor Soeiro stood in the streets watching with his wife, his mother, his grandmother, his twelve-year-old son, a city councilman and other townspeople, another object rose into the sky from the Colares area fifteen miles to the southwest and moved toward Vigia.

Then it disappeared and yet another one arose from a closer Island and moved toward Vigia at the same time that a third object headed for Vigia, almost causing a collision between the two.

The entire spectacle in the sky lasted about fifteen minutes, after which the lights of the city came back on again.

The interview with the colonel was conducted 20 years later, after he retired, to which he described in great detail what he saw and even drew pictures of the UFO.

2 months later he was found strangled in his own bed, they ruled it as suicide.

Here's the link:
www.mufon.com...

For more info just search up: Colares UFO, lots of evidence including pictures and documents, the people were in fact burned by the lights, two people died. For someone to say that it is all nightmares, the two deceased probably wished it was a nightmare.

edit on 12-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That cryptic bit at the end "It is not what we thought" - so they are not angels?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Vanity Fair could write about proof the 'alien' ships came from Tesla tech if
they wanted to or God help were ever allowed to identify the right parts.
Here we are in the ship and we see a Tesla patented item over there and
over there, and this is one and so on and so on. A real hoot. Inside the
imagination is endless and also as doctoral scripted as 'Pentagon Papers'
the writer who saw the war going as he wrote it. Think about von Braun
following the script not allowed to toot his horn at developing the Tesla
ship now given up to abducting aliens.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
things in this world that people scoff about could be real and make you piddle your pants

new topics

top topics

join