It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh...Enki in disguise?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ONLY SEMITIC CULTURES? Wrongo!

www.gendercide.org...

it's a girl

edit on 12-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
this was my artistic rendition of the one child policy

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

no, pre black sea flood is before 3000 BC. pre-3000 BC is not the same as post 3000 BC. for example, before the flood, this is what enki looked like:

after the flood this is what enki looked like

VeteranHumanBeing
Oh My, this is brilliant research; I am overwhelmed, I have not seen this imagery in such a long time and I am a Creator Godform. Do not start with the snarky comments Iam what Iam "Popeye" Your Overlord.

edit on 12-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
you don't like my research?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
you don't like my research?

I hate it its terrible and needs "refreshing" I love it, its the truth and the images are ALL ME.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ancient greece was pederastic. men would take on an apprentice boy, who they would train in the ways of the world, including sex. women were solely for childbirthing and were not part of the social structure. the ratio of men to women was huge, as females were frequently killed as soon as they were born.

this has been going on for thousands of years. the only thing that balances it back out again is war.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's a reptile's head?

I see human hands, human feet, two eyes, a mouth, a nose, broad shoulders, elbows, and a phallus. In fact, I don't see anything reptilian about that statue. Do reptiles have elbows? Do they have hands? How about a face with the same proportions as a human being?

In fact, if you look at clearer pictures of that statue, what you can see is that the head is snake-like. Indicating a snake-cult. Which, yeah, Mesopotamia did have one. The snake was widely known as a symbol of rebirth, resurrection, wisdom, knowledge, and eternal life. The Anunnaki, by the way, are eternal according to mythology. Age does not kill them, only physical injury (see the myth of Enki and Ninmah in paradise and the myth of Ninurta slaying the Anžu bird).

But, if you want to talk about the Ubaid culture (c. 5300 BC) which is where your image comes from, let me present to you two more artifacts recovered from the Ubaids. These are pictures taken by me during my visit to the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.

First we have a small clay figure. Notice the head? Also, see the two arms and two legs? This is human. Not reptilian. What you have here may even be a child's toy, a doll. The dating placed this artifact at roughly 5200 BC, making it perfect for the supposed "Reptilian" era which you are claiming. Instead of a reptile, we have a human figure.

Second, more votive figures. Notice the bubbled clothing they're wearing? It's just like your image. Notice the arms, hips, elbows, and legs? Again, these are humans, not reptiles. They even have hair, and ceremonial headdresses on. If anything, judging by the protruding nose, I would guess the Ubaids thought that the Anunna were bird people, not lizard-people.

Again though, the Ubaid culture has example of theriomorphic and human figures in their work. Show me any culture whose entire religious/mythological structure is reptilian.

it's a girl

China is not pagan. India may be pagan,,, kind of. Their religious institutions are more based on energies instead of archetypes, and natural motifs though. India is not representative of the whole pagan world though. Mesopotamia, the Levant, Anatolia, pre-Christian Europe would also have to be included in your works.

And you'd have to go back in time. Studying the modern world's gender issues doesn't qualify as proof of paganism and its treatment of women. In fact, India has a very thriving Muslim, Christian, and decidedly non-pagan population which contribute to their gender issues.

Good try though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Tell me you love me its there somewhere, you must love God (I dont) maybe just a little bit (SEE THE SCULPTURE/SCRIPTURES) They are talking to you even if in script/form 3D, where is your arguement, May I See one of your God Forms you sculpted? You have some idea of IT a betterment of the species correct? These clay toys are a representitive of what, your God your dead mother and father? your huggy bear. seriously, these are the Venus of Villandorf or an insect specie unidentified.
edit on 12-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
china was pagan, and that's where the tradition of killing their girls comes from

the vedic texts are where the tradition of killing girls comes from in india.

the statue of enki has scales on his shoulders and 6 fingers on his hands. some of the statues of females from that time frame and older, have infants with cone heads, super elongated skulls and webbed fingers.

at one point i was told the nordic women from norse religions, were treated well because they could own property. but then someone who had been studying it, sent me a pm with a bunch of information on the subject, and stated that women in norse religion were treated just as badly as any other ancient culture.

as i mentioned before, egypt was the only place in the ancient world where women had some semblance of respect and even then, only a couple of them managed to be pharaohs. it wasn't till jesus came along, that the semitic religions got any hint about how women should be treated, and the holy roman empire just ignored it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Because you reply to the ether, no one knows whom we are speaking to. I just may have left hooked Santa Clause.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

china was pagan, and that's where the tradition of killing their girls comes from

China was a mix of folk-religion (classic Chinese mythology), philosophy (Taoism), and political ideology (Confucianism). It did not ever have paganism as its religious belief structure. Unless, of course, you're defining paganism through Christianity, which sees anything that isn't Christian as pagan.

Paganism, however, does have its own origins, among the Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians, and Assyrians as the belief system of the polytheistic people of the hills who didn't orient themselves around the common mythology of the royal class.

Pagans are Polytheists who don't adhere to Henotheistic systems.

The killing of Chinese girls does not come from Chinese folk religion, but from political ideology.

The One Child law was passed to combat the growing population. The reason that it was most often girls who were killed is two-fold:

(1) familial tradition. Sons carry on the family name, not daughters. Therefore, if you want your family name to be passed along, keep a son as your one child.

(2) The extremely sexist belief that men were more suited for the extremely labor-intensive life which serves as China's economic foundation. I completely disagree with this one, by the way, but it is one of the reasons why the chosen child was most often a son.

the vedic texts are where the tradition of killing girls comes from in india.

I don't know enough about the Vedas (Indian religion is pretty much the only one which absolutely bores me) to speak with any certainty about this. Judging by how massively wrong you were concerning China and the One Child law though... I'm still going to need you to cite verses where the killing of daughters is ordained in the Vedas.

And I don't mean some website, or some video on Youtube. I do have a copy of the Hindu scriptures, specifically this one right here:

So, care to point me to the verses where it says killing daughters is a good thing?

the statue of enki has scales on his shoulders and 6 fingers on his hands.

You see scales, I see decorative gems.

If you look at the votive figures I posted (from the same Ubaid culture as the one you posted) you'll notice the "Venus of Willendorf" style ones also have those same bubbles. They're jewels and precious stones: the lapis lazuli which Sumerian mythology is no stranger to mention the Anunnaki absolutely loved.

Also, their hands are little balls of clay with groove marks. Depending on how you count, there are either 6, 5, or 4 fingers (on his left hand). Technically, 5 fingers, because I believe you're mistaking the clay which joins his hands to his waist as a finger, which it is not.

some of the statues of females from that time frame and older, have infants with cone heads, super elongated skulls and webbed fingers.

Please show me these.

In my previous reply to you I posted 4 separate figurines from the Ubaid culture. None of them have "webbed fingers", or "super elongated skulls". In fact, their skulls are quite uniform for human anatomy, and their hands are... little balls of clay (like your Ubaid figure) or missing entirely.

Concerning the conic-heads, well, here you go:

Cranial deformation causing elongated human skulls was a world-wide phenomenon found in areas such as ancient Iraq, Malta, Melanesia (specifically near Vanuatu), Russia, North and South America, and possibly Egypt during the Amarna period, during the time of Akhenaten and Tutankhamen, but the latter is hotly debated by scholars. In terms of time period, we are looking at roughly between 4000 BC and 300 AD. The deformation process was usually begun when a child was very young, perhaps soon after birth, and continued until complete calcification of the skull was complete.[1] Most academics believe that this was achieved by the binding of the skull with cords and flat wooden boards. The last examples of people to perform this were in the Congo of Africa by the Mangbetu people and the Vanuatu natives in the latter part of the 19th century.

Sourced from Wiki on Elongated Human Skulls.

You'll notice that Iraq (where the Mesopotamian basin exists) is included in that list. Human beings still do this in Africa, and other parts of the world. It's not mysterious or weird. It's ceremonial, a cultural trait which develops for one or another ritualistic, theological, or appearance-related reason.

(running out of characters to respond, will respond to Norse customs in a follow-up reply)

CONTINUED BELOW

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

at one point i was told the nordic women from norse religions, were treated well because they could own property. but then someone who had been studying it, sent me a pm with a bunch of information on the subject, and stated that women in norse religion were treated just as badly as any other ancient culture.

It was much, much more than just owning land.

In Norse society women could own land, they were in charge of the family finances, during raids they were also the sole authority on the farm/homestead. When widowed they inherited the land and money of their deceased husband. According to the Grágás, a series of laws-codes, women were even protected from sexual advances and abuses.

Further, studying the role of goddesses in Nordic culture sheds more light on the role of women. Take Iðuna, as an example.

Iðuna is an alf-woman who the poet-god Bragi discovers one day in the woods. Iðuna carries a basket of magical golden apples, which, when consumed by the Æsir, grant immortality, beauty, youth, strength, and will. So coveted is her gift, that the Giants plot to steal her. In her absence, the Æsir begin to wither and grow old, until Loki manages to steal her back from the Giants.

What the myth of Iðuna expresses (outside of an allegory for the changing of the seasons) is the belief that women helped keep Viking culture strong and youthful. Whether this was through raising children, maintaining the farms, becoming shield-maidens, or other duties I cannot say. But, the evidence is there that women were pivotal figures in Norse/Viking culture.

The only thing they couldn't do was be a chief/judge, or attend the þing, unless they went as a sacred prostitute, a carry-over from the Queen of Heaven (Inanna) which found its way into Viking culture via Freyja/Frigg (see my previous post outlining the spread of Inanna's influence across time and space).

Whoever told you women were treated badly in Viking culture was wrong.

as i mentioned before, egypt was the only place in the ancient world where women had some semblance of respect and even then, only a couple of them managed to be pharaohs. it wasn't till jesus came along, that the semitic religions got any hint about how women should be treated, and the holy roman empire just ignored it.

Sumer, Egypt, the Viking lands, Minoan culture, and even among classical Greek culture women weren't silence, stripped of rights, and made into slaves. Even in Rome, consider Hypatia of Alexandria, a female philosopher (that's right, a woman teaching philosophy) achieved world-famous status before she was torn limb-from-limb by a mob of Christians.

Radical Feminism likes to think women have been subjugated and abused for all of history. Radical Feminists often seem to have no understanding of history though. They tend to be wrong. There's always more opportunity to balance the genders, but there was never this terrible "Dark Era" where the Patriarchy made all women across the world into property/slaves.

So, still waiting for evidence of a culture who believed every god/spirit was a reptile.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the point isn't to say these religions are bad. the point is to say that the really bizarre treatment of 50% of the population, for 1000s of years, is the result of Enlil's policies as regards the earth and its occupants, and very few governments / religions / traditions, seem to dodge the bullet. Did you read the gendercide link? did you watch the videos? 200 million that we know of, just in china. that's not counting india. and surrounding cultures with similar social security = sons. and that's not just recently. this has been going on for thousands of years.

when the pop gets too many men and not enough women, they go to war against each other. maharajis would gather all the women, female children, old ladies and female infants in the center of the kingdom and burn them in a bonfire to keep invading maharajis from getting their women, there were that few left and as a result, even less when the war was over. and the maharajis were the only ones with wives when the population of females would get that slim. did you not see the hindu woman in the video explaining how she kills her female children?

i don't know how you could argue this from the perspective that it's either 1) radical femininism (holey rusted metal batman, 200 million is a whole lot more than 6 millions jews) or 2) an attaci on paganism or polytheism specifically, when i just said on the page before, that this is global and been going on for 1000s of years.

edit on 13-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

That's a good point, perhaps it is Ninurta that is the unknown Deity that steps in all of a sudden at the end of the Enki and Inanna narrative, there is the precedent as you say, it would sort of make the entire story somewhat pointless though, other than to show what a cool secret agent Ninurta was...it was Enlil though that sent him after the Anzu bird

Your other point regarding Enki being protective of and a mentor to Inanna i'd also agree with, but as trickster he has curious ways of going about things and there are apparent conflicts followed by reconciliations.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Out of curiosity why do you keep referring to Enki as a trickster Kantzveldt?

In mythology not all tricksters are bad guys. For example look at Loki. Although he would set in motion the events that caused Ragnarok, he also helps his people by using his trickery.

Other trickster characters off the top of my head are Anansi, Agadzagadza, and Raven.

From my understanding, the trickster does things just to shake thing up, like the kid that cannot resist pushing the button that says “Do Not Push.”

Tricksters expect other to follow the social norms and usually get those people to enter into some type of agreement (contract) and then do not honor their part of the deal.

Here are two trickster characters I am sure many should recognize

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
it's crafts, not crafty. it's outwitting not tricking. jesus frequently outwitted his attackers. he didn't trick them. for example.

like the scene with noah. he agreed not to say anything TO a human being. so he said it to the wall, behind which was a human being. this is an example of knowing the divine law and perhaps some of the less than humane divine laws.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
there is one slight possibility, however, that enlil is not quite as bad as he's made out to be, but this is based on the book of enoch, which recounts the events leading up to the flood. in it, he says that the planet was over run by angelic-human hybrids, translated as giants, who had eaten up all the food and when humans could no longer sustain them, they began to eat the humans as a food source.

meshing the various mesopotamia texts to flesh out the story, you read that as they died, they cried out and it was this NOISE that caused enlil to bring the flood -- that is, the suffering of humans on the planet, that was over run by some odd species the text calls giants.

one text connects the NOISE to procreation, suggesting people making love was the problem. but another helps clarify what it means by hinting that it was the pollution of the genome as a result of the hybridization of nearly everything on the planet, including humans, that was noisy -- in effect, noisy dna was polluted dna. as a result when it says noah was righteous in his generations, this is what it means. his dna had escaped the "noise."

if that's true, enlil's justification was that the planet's lifeforms were undergoing a game changing event, and as a result, people were starving, the giants were starving and eating the humans and etc. misery everywhere. so rather than try to fix it, he just ordered the whole place be wiped and start over.

edit on 13-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Interesting concept/ theory Undo.

I will throw this thought out there from my perspective of the Enlil/ Yahweh connection.

If Enlil/ marduk became king of the gods, wouldn't it be his sons that found the daughters of man fair and mingled with them producing the giants in Genesis?

Like I tied similarities between enlil/ marduk and Zeus. We all know zeus couldn't resist the women lol.

Just tossing it out there

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i have no idea. are you suggesting that enlil was a source of giants? like he was a titan, type of thing?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It was just a random thought I had at the moment trying to make comparisons between different myths

I guess I went through it like this

First the enlil/ marduk/ Yahweh connection. Enlil/ marduk established as head deity, Yahweh declares "there is no other before me. Zues also head deity.

Second, marduk defeats Tiamat, Zues defeats Chronos. Tiamat said to have produced monsters, Chronos produced the hundred handed and cyclops.

In Greek and roman mythology, how many stories are there that involve a god coming down and mingling with women (especially Zeus)? The offspring or demigods are remembered as great men of renown as the OT says.

I know it is a stretch, but think about it for a second. I am sure I could draw correlations with things from Egypt, South America, Native American Stories, Hindu etc..... But like they say

"Correlation does not prove causation"

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join