It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if U.S. Gov put this Snowden character "out there" as psy ops to see who is on what side?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It would actually be a brilliant Psy Op to put this guy out there and the watch/record, how the world reacts to it. And then take all the info and creat lists to see who and where all potential threats are.

Definitely a possibility if you ask me, so now I don't know what to think to be quite honest.

What do you guys think?
edit on 10-6-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
interesting aup cii indeed it would be OP,. takes 1 more cookie

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
IMHO this guy is what he says he is and I honestly think we will see more individuals such as this come forward.
The government already knows who is on what side, that is a big reason for the NSA collecting the phone and internet records of US citizens. The have known for many many years who is on what side since the agenda that we are seeing come to fruition has been in play for decades now.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

How is it that every single whistle blower recently has become a government psyops agent?

It makes way more sense that this guy is just a normal person who used to work for the government, and is now ticked off at the very government he used to work for.
edit on 10-6-2013 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The real question is this: Does it really matter, if the information Snowden shared is accurate? If it's a "government psyops" as you claim, does that change the fact the government is spying on it's people? Does it make it any less villainous?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think they will work VERY hard in the coming days and weeks to make him appear like an agent of someone. Ours..Chinese... Freelance.. anything to destroy his credibility. It's not the first time this has happened. It won't be the last. Character Assassination is #1 in the counter- playbook though and it started first thing this morning.

I'd say the suggestion he's just a hired goon is precisely what we need to watch against falling for. It's about the only defense they have left for what he's brought out, short of just shooting him. They can't do that without making him a martyr. At least not BEFORE they've destroyed him.

Poor guy unleashed the Four Horseman and they are coming to gallop right over top of him and dance a little jig across his whole life. Past, Present and Future. Watch closely for how our Government goes about destroying a man they can't yet kill.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If they did that, then the government is so far gone with it's powers and intent of surveillance that it is at this time only protecting itself and therefore, very, very dangerous to all of us.

Democracy works by will of the people. We might be a republic, but that is still indirect democracy. If a political group should rise up it should sink or swim on it's own merits and appeal to the people. It is not up to the govt. to decide what lawful political movement is appropriate or not, it is up to the people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Snowden has done more damage than that of what I think they would deem acceptable for a pys ops mission. It's like trying to pop popcorn with a nuke.

Snowden has given the American people it's wake up call, what they do with it is up to us really.

But a psy ops I doubt it, they have the internet and NSA to find that nitty gritty out, Everyone at ATS = flagged.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have no reason to suspect him of being an agent.

His background imo leads me to believe that he was some kind of hacker in his youth, and was recruited by the spooks for his skills.

Their folly.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

We just don't know the whole story behind the scenes.

What if there was some other guy that was getting ready to leak out EVERYTHING, and so then they put this guy out as the sacrificial lamb.

I think he is legit, however know that he's out, "They" are no watching how everyone is responding and adding more name's to more lists regardless

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Snowden has done more damage than that of what I think they would deem acceptable for a pys ops mission. It's like trying to pop popcorn with a nuke.

Snowden has given the American people it's wake up call, what they do with it is up to us really.

But a psy ops I doubt it, they have the internet and NSA to find that nitty gritty out, Everyone at ATS = flagged.

I started this thread as a hunch, a "what if" ... however I am completely sided with your opinion above.

I think the only way they'd put a fake sacrificial lamb out there, is if there was already a person or a group getting ready to leak out a bunch of stuff anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

edit on 10-6-2013 by bphi1908 because: double post

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think they will work VERY hard in the coming days and weeks to make him appear like an agent of someone. Ours..Chinese... Freelance.. anything to destroy his credibility. It's not the first time this has happened. It won't be the last. Character Assassination is #1 in the counter- playbook though and it started first thing this morning.

I'd say the suggestion he's just a hired goon is precisely what we need to watch against falling for. It's about the only defense they have left for what he's brought out, short of just shooting him. They can't do that without making him a martyr. At least not BEFORE they've destroyed him.

Poor guy unleashed the Four Horseman and they are coming to gallop right over top of him and dance a little jig across his whole life. Past, Present and Future. Watch closely for how our Government goes about destroying a man they can't yet kill.

Good point, first thing I heard this morning was the NSA is looking into possible Chinese connections. And charges against him sound like they are already in the works, man that was fast.

See our government can get things done...as long it involves covering their own tracks and silencing anyone who exposes their crimes.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh, now I follow. A pre-emptive move? Yes, that makes sense. Doesn't mean they are doing that, but it would not be implausible.

Trouble is, it's highly unlikely that we are ever going to know the full depths of what our various alphabet agencies get up to. Just the nature of the beast, really.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
@op It's always a possibility. Though, I feel like they already know. People aren't that secretive about how they feel regarding political issues. e.g., I've been saying much of the same things online for the last 15 years. I had assumed that they already know this, considering both echelon & the continuing programs that have now been leaked. I don't think they really need a psy op to determine what folks think.

On the other hand, perhaps they might leak such info as a psyops to make everyone think that everything they say and do is watched and cataloged. In this scenario, the point is that they want the population frightened of organizing dissent to political decisions.
edit on 10-6-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The thought it might be a sophisticated psychological / COINTELPRO operation did cross my mind as well.

However, I speculated that it might serve to scare people into believing everything they say or write with an electronic medium is recorded.

But then again, the Echelon installations have been in place for decades, and with the new data centers of the NSA and the new post-war installations built around the globe, I think the odds are this is the real deal and not a psychological operation of some kind.

I guess we can be almost certain that Mr Snowden is the real deal.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Another postulation I have is:
What if the government does not really have the equiptment or ability to actually carry out such a program?
Would it not serve some purpose to let the "terrorists" think they can be watched and use this dis-information as a deterrent to surpress the flow of communications?
I am not making any suggestions one way or the other, and I am not trying to give anyone more credit than they deserve. It was just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
Another postulation I have is:
What if the government does not really have the equiptment or ability to actually carry out such a program?
Would it not serve some purpose to let the "terrorists" think they can be watched and use this dis-information as a deterrent to surpress the flow of communications?

You can test them

trollthensa.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Are you suggesting they might have done that as a recruiting tool?

Almost everyone supports his whistle-blowing warning. Those few who don't may already be paid agents or willing lambs herding off to slaughter. If they want a reason to put 80% of the population on a watch list for supporting this then leak, well done. If they are looking for a few who would willingly and cheerfully go along with just about any nefarious agenda the powers come up with then this would be a good test. I expect, though, it is really happening as reported and someone blew their cover. I also think it may be getting a worse reaction than they would have expected. Good.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You can beleive it ... or not.
This is the same thing I have been advocting since 2006, when the program was first leaked. Yes, this has bee talked about for a long time now.
As luck would have it, I have the contact info for three "top" military brass which I had thought of sending something like this too.
It would be great if they were to get about a million copies of the same email at the same time. I can't help but wonder just how reliable and effective the program would be after this happened.
Of course, I am not saying if I will or will not as yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join