It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At last a decent VTOL flying car.. well RC anyway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know there are a few designs for flying cars out there , mainly fixed wings that take some time to transition from driving to flying mode but this design works well in both modes from a single fixed shape. It might only be an RC at the moment but its a really exciting design.

Could this be scaled up? Its probably impracticable for road use but maybe there's some other applications it could be useful for.

edit on 10-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I would have liked to see the transformation! Looks like fun and who knows it might be practical but maybe not affordable.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's too bad that the tire and rim parts down fold over while in flight mode, i'd imagine that their current stuck position on detracts from the quality of flight. Other than that, it looks awesome! It would be incredibly difficult to scale this thing, but a larger version would be awesome. For now though, I'm guessing that weapons designers are interested in this type of thing... Just to think about the ease of climbing stares with these things!! All you have to do is fly!

new topics

join