It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 4 Documentary - Confessions of an Alien Abductee - Thursday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I thought it was a comedy show and was laughing my head off...then I twigged that they were actually being serious. I gave up after the lie detector test...it was just too embarassing.

The woman with the hairdoo from Mars Attacks was class!!
edit on 14/6/2013 by nomadros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I was thinking about it earlier and the bloke doing the lie detector test was not very sympathetic. He couldn't get out of the door quick enough and displayed no feelings whatsoever towards the poor woman, who you could tell was gutted! I would certainly think twice about taking one. I don't claim to be an abductee, but I offered to do one in the past. There was something definatly odd about that bloke. He may have looked 'normal' , but trust me, that doesn't mean a thing!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
reply to post by Raxoxane

I was thinking about it earlier and the bloke doing the lie detector test was not very sympathetic. He couldn't get out of the door quick enough and displayed no feelings whatsoever towards the poor woman,

You are right. He did appear to have his mind made up before the test, and whose to say he was qualified
or the lie detector techniques are bonafide. His explanatiion was as amateur as the whole programme.

There was no intro about him or the lie detector machine and its merit. He reminded me of a dodgy
tradesman .. conning you at home for the quick work & cash and disappearing as quick as possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Luckily I missed the programme as I had to watch some paint dry. However, I did see a clip and the thought that went through my mind was...

"Why do aliens insist on abducting weirdoes? Why can't they abduct someone who looks normal"?

Regards

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

That was the point I made earlier. The documentary makers seeming choose odd bod types. Maybe it is the fashion where the lady with the funny hair do comes from. The driving instructor couldn't have been more square. The lady who failed the lie detector test looked neurotic, but apparently not. I am sure the support group meant well. It was the general undercurrent of the program, in truth making fun of people. Yes it was funny in parts at someone else's expense. I did actually think these people extremely brave to appear in it in the first place.
I certainly think twice about lie detectors. I what doe's minus 4 mean? It wasn't explained properly.
i wonder if these abductees will pop up in the media now that documentary has aired. It would be interesting.

The repeats have started already lol

hx

edit on 14-6-2013 by happinness because: just a footnote

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

You are right. He did appear to have his mind made up before the test, and whose to say he was qualified or the lie detector techniques are bonafide. His explanatiion was as amateur as the whole programme. There was no intro about him or the lie detector machine and its merit. He reminded me of a dodgy tradesman .. conning you at home for the quick work & cash and disappearing as quick as possible.

What do you mean "he had his mind made up before the test?"....he did the test and she failed...she was a liar!
The guy was hired by Channel4, he had no axe to grind, he would have got paid no matter what the result, the same woman he did the lie detector test on also claimed that she was convinced that she was an alien with alien DNA.....she had a DNA test done.....test confirmed that she was as human as you and me....woman was a lunatic, as was the crazy woman who claimed that aliens liked to abduct her after she had eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken!....."I think it has something to do with the chicken" she said

Would you have made the same response if nutter #1 had passed the lie detector test test?....or would you have claimed that this ridiculous "documentary" is proof of alien abductions?

Some people just want to believe.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Aliens abduct interesting people. People they like. Its VERY much like us wanting to abduct someone we are obsessed with.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Labour councilor/ driving instructor has popped up on MSN this morning ... just as I thought would happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join