It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ron Paul: Obama Should Send Snowden a Thank You Note - We're Getting Transparency He Promised

RON PAUL: Well, from what I hear and what he's done, I mean, he's done a great service because he's telling the truth and this is what we are starved for. The American people are starved for the truth. And when you have a dictatorship or an authoritarian government, truth becomes treasonous. And this is what they do. If you are a whistleblower or if you're trying to tell the American people that our country is destroying our rule of law and destroying our Constitution, they say they turn it on and say, “Oh, you're committing treason.”

newsbusters.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You forgot to mention that you're a French model!

Because every single word we put out on the internet is 100% true.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
It would be interesting to see what happens if the Russians have indeed granted this man asylum.

In other news, this morning, The Speaker of the House called Mr. Snowden a "traitor".

I beg to differ, as Mr. Speaker voted without hesitation to make the Patriot Act permanent.

The real traitors are the ones in Congress, and the main stream media here in the United States.

This is the Time when those in congress/Senate/Obama Administration will show their true colors and loyalties.

Those who oppose what Snowden did, in Politics, are they Patriots, or corporate Politicians.

infowars

Main Core: A List Of Millions Of Americans That Will Be Subject To Detention During Martial Law

Good and informative read.

“We know all this already,” I stated. He looked at me, giving me a look like I’ve never seen, and actually pushed his finger into my chest. “You don’t know jack,” he said, “this is bigger than you can imagine, bigger than anyone can imagine. This administration is collecting names of sources, whistle blowers and their families, names of media sources and everybody they talk to and have talked to, and they already have a huge list. If you’re not working for MSNBC or CNN, you’re probably on that list. If you are a website owner with a brisk readership and a conservative bent, you’re on that list. It’s a political dissident list, not an enemy threat list,” he stated.

edit on 11-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Call me old fashioned, but wouldn't it be nice if a citizen exposes something illegal, that his own people/country would give him a safe harbour......

Speaking only for myself here, but as an American... I would honestly take a bullet for this man. He has given me a little hope for this nation. Now we just need more like him.

I pray for his safety....and our future.

Save the bullet...sign the White House petition to Pardon him...it was around 15k yesterday, it is at 45k today...it needs 50k more signatures to force the White House to officially respond.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by pigsy2400

They've already admitted it. That isn't the issue.
The Government's stance here is that they have "checks" in place, and yes this IS happening,

That's the core of it.

Mr. Snowden claims, without hesitation, that the checks are not being followed and furthermore that when he repeatedly made his superiors aware of the increasing number of illegal investigations, absent warrants, of American citizens, that his superiors ignored him and told him to simply do his job etc.

Mr. Snowden's claimed concern is that this is scaling rapidly and what he sees as a moderate violation of US Citizen's Constitutional rights will explode in the near term along with technology. The NSA building a 2B dollar data center in Utah etc.

From where I sit...I believe him, but afford room for the doubters that think the gov. is doing it all by the book as well.

The easiest way to sort it out, bring appropriate oversight, and ensure the constitution remains intact...is to pardon Snowden, grant him immunity, bring him home and have him testify directly to Congress in public hearings as to his concerns.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just saw this on the Daily Beast.

Not a surprise, but figured I'd post it for those keeping up with the story.

Inside the ‘Q Group,’ the Directorate Hunting Down Edward Snowden

The top-secret ‘Q Group’ has been chasing Edward Snowden since he disappeared in May. Eli Lake on the intel community’s internal police—and why the agency is in ‘complete freakout mode.’

So they've been trying to track him since he left in May.

Even before last week’s revelations by The Guardian newspaper that the National Security Agency (NSA) was collecting call records from telecommunications companies and had the ability to mine user data from major U.S. Internet companies, the NSA was already on the trail of the leaker, according to two former U.S. intelligence officers with close ties to the agency.
(emphasis mine)

More about the "Q Group" & supposed "freakout mode" at the link: www.thedailybeast.com

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

that is awesome. HUGE if the American people welcome him home and support him. That's HUGE

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by alienDNA

Government has been mining (saving) recording all our communications illegally (though they are justified (?) by the Patriot Act.

A guy named Snowden confirmed it.

So now we have folks bashing Snowden, and folks supporting Snowden . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

and all the while the government is recording this very conversation I am having with you.

So this thread is exactly the same as the other, then. Thank you! Saved me 20 pages of reading :p

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I cant wait to see if Putin does grant asylum to him...Now that would really be hilarious. Big Brother number 1 protecting a lil old whistle blower from Big Brother number 2 haha.
I wonder would that be enough of a slap in the face to cause a serious problem?? I mean the Russians are supposedly backing Syria...which the west doesn't like and if they take this guy in what will be the reaction? I wonder. The joke is most of the world even the population of the states would probably back Russia if they do grant him asylum. So that would really be a poke in the eye for the states. Huh, has the USA ever been this unpopular...??? I mean they are spying on everyone world wide no doubt, who uses Google or Yahoo or Facebook... This goes way beyond spying on their own people, this is global and as the reaction is muted it indicates the whole world government was in on it anyhow...Did someone say NWO was a conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Putin on NSA leak: Government surveillance shouldn’t break law

RT

“Such methods are in demand. But you can’t just listen to the phone call in Russia; you need a special order from court. This is how this should be done in civilized society while tackling terrorism with the use of any technical means. If it is in the framework of the law, then it’s ok. If not it is unacceptable,” Putin said answering the question of RT’s Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan. Commenting on Obama’s statement that “You can’t have 100 per cent security and 100 per cent privacy,” Putin disagreed, saying it is possible if done within the law.

"From the outside some people think that if you bring the entire region in compliance with someone’s specific idea of democracy, things will settle down, and everything will be all right in that region. But that’s not true. Considering that region’s background history, culture, religion – you cannot interfere with it from the outside.”

Its a good and informative article/interview with Putin.

Putin pointed out that the West is supporting some certain organizations that are fighting Assad in Syria, and they are countering "those very same groups" in Mali.

Just some highlights but I recommend the read.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I found this anonymous video calling for a petition to pardon Edward Snowden.

Please spread this video and sign the petition!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
NSA- it's Thought Transcripts, Fox cable news usa had it as 'reading thoughts as you type' but that is garbled. it's reading 'thought transcripts' that are typed out as you think and they are in at the people; under Pres Bush I thought it was just me in deep ops-Q5 Leap psychic reconnaissance trained/accessed by Military/NSA on the deep ops short list-, then under Pres O they started to do RNM remote neural monitoring on unsuspecting roommates, landlords etc and it got creepy I was calling them zombies; now I find out it's millions of them and they have a huge complex in Utah. oh yeah that MUST be exposed, shut down the rulers removed and the media pounded for letting them and then covering it up! the guy is your real saviour buddy that whistleblower. www.nuts4mars.com NOT SWORN TO SECRECY and Canadian living in Canada.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Factual satire

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This one here was very funny

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

That is very clever. At least we can have fun with it. They'll probably let us keep our Facebook accounts and electronic media in the FEMA camps since they're monitoring it anyway, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshsmith99

IF Anonymous are asking for Snowdens pardon, you know this whole thing stinks to high heaven.
In short this "leak" aint no leak..its a planned disclosure...and in case you dint get that...why do you think Obama admitted its existanse rather than covering it up. Obama would never admit to such an intrusive program unless he knew there would be little opposition to it, and look, what a shocker..the best we are gonna get is a "debate ", not a cancellation...not court hearings...The reason for the "disclosure" is so they can set us all up for the next step microchipping. You have to be aware your going to be microcipped obviously, but they have to condition you to accept that its a great idea first.

Anonymous by its very nature can be at the very least infiltrated by the intelligence community and used for disinformation...duh...it has no public face, so by its very nature anyone could be behind it...duh..

And I think most reasonable minded folks have big suspicions about wikileaks...seeing as their leaks didnt amount to a hill of beans in the real world..and the leaker is going to do hard time for it...Not Juilan A55hat ..I mean have you ever seen a more Manchurian candidate with no traceable history muther fvcker in your life..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Be wary of INSTANT HEROES. Remember who made you aware of such men like Snowden and before him Julian Assange.. that's right the MSM,

These guys come out of nowhere and instantly they are heroes to the leftists. . Traditionally you had to have a long standing track record to become "known" in politics or society...but these guys and these groups like wikileaks and anonymous appear over night..with little or no history or records...or in the case of anonymous no checkable identity even. yet the masses fawn over their every disclosure...idiots.

These are not underground groups, because underground groups do not make the mainstream and I can safely say this, the mainstream do not go out of their way to promote underground agitators...give me a break..and in case you didn't know it the Guardian may be left of center but it is part of the MSM..and can just as easily be used as a tool by the establishment...seeing as it's obviously owned by the establishment...DUUUHHHH.

I am sure these groups and Snowden are all just a front and your all being blind sided and set up for the sucker punch.

edit on 11-6-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

How does supporting a pardon for Edward Snowden set us up for micro-chipping the general public?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshsmith99

How does supporting a pardon for Edward Snowden set us up for micro-chipping the general public?

IMO. Lets imagine this. The CIA come out 5 years ago and tell every American they must log all their details, all their known associates and personal head shots onto a CIA database. How well do you think that would go down?
Then imagine the CIA went around in a fleet of vehicles (CIA initials painted on the side in huge letters) with cameras on them photographing every house on every street? But not just that, imagine the CIA going international and doing the same things...Yeah sure I can image that alright. So instead they set up Google and Facebook to do it for them, see they are supposedly private companies with no links to government or the CIA or NSA yada, yada, yada...except oh...actually they all do. In fact all these internet giants turn out to be nothing more than fronts or at best sub contractors. This isn't tin foil hat nonsense any more its been admitted to by the prez.

So now think about this...when all those millions or is it billions of people signed up to Facebook, through it being the fad of the moment..but an unusual fad, as fads usually only last a few months and only with a specific target market..but this fad was different...and hears why.. NO commercial advertising on TV. Now that is some achievement..How did everyone everywhere become so aware of Facebook? and not just aware..how did everyone desire to be part of it???? Here is a clue the MSM promoted it to the hilt. Heres one example. Where do you think the first place I ever heard of Facebook was??? I'll tell you..It was on the BBC News. And the BBC is not supposed to be used to advertise or promote commercial interests..So funny that, because the segment on the news I heard about it was very odd, as the news anchor started talking about this new social media site that "he was a member of" and how he thought it was great that he could look up "all his old friends" etc...Right their my alarm bells went off...and that was before Facebook exploded...becoming the most widespread company in history with no advertising...hum...suspicious??? just a bit.

Now think of this...the public at large were at one time called "private citizens"..but how private is everyone now? And Facebook has only been in existence for what 5 or so years...if even that long.

So now we have not a "private citizenry" but a "public citizenry" (a really fvcking dumb one at that). So the public are now so used to freely washing their laundry, including dirty laundry all over the internet, that hearing this supposed leak isnt even shocking. They no longer give a flying fvck if the government reads their emails or listens to their phone calls, because they put everything out their freely anyhow.

Thats why IMO this "leak" was set in motion...15 years ago this kind of surveillance would have toppled the government ..maybe even caused an international war..because we know full well Google and Facebook are in every country, so this spying will be global...yet look at the muted reaction to it...And the reaction is mute because everyone is so used to being a public citizen already..through being conditioned by Facebook.

There is no way Obama or any president would ever have admitted to this type of intrusive and illegal operation unless they had a bl00dy good idea there would be no opposition to it when it was admitted to.

This is all the evidence I need to see whats going on here..already the best we are getting is "there will be a public debate" and already were shown BS polls indicating most people are all for it...because it stops terrorists ...like the Boston Bombers who were heavy internet users...see how fvcking dumb people are.

And as this is a disclouse not a leak...your instant hero Snowden is in on it... And seeing as pretty much everyone even internationally, isnt really bothered about this PRISM BS, then the next stage can be implimented.
because we now know for sure the population are open to being spied on, they dont really care. Once your public dont care, then you can introduce microchipping, as just another security measure...sounds like tin foil hat time..does it..well check the MSM.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join